1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

News from the rest of the West

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,549 / 44 / -6
    I don't know how tall Peyton Manning is but a foot of his height has to be all neck.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Sounds like an ample target area to me. ;)
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,549 / 44 / -6
    It would be like clothes lining a giraffe.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    "For SI, I am Peter King WITH the Denver Broncos" .... bias right there. lol.

It is going to be a fun year. The Broncos facility looks like the scene in Rocky III when all the people were in the gym.
  6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +826 / 22 / -1
    I think there's another foot of forehead as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    That's a fivehead at least.
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Evening AFC West notes

August, 3, 2012
    AUG 3
    11:07
    PM ET

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
    The Raiders start to put in some 3-4 looks for the defense during practice Friday. The fact that they waited until the fifth day of camp is another strong sign that this will be a 4-3 base with the occasional 3-4 setup.

The Denver Post reports that Broncos safety Quinton Carter will miss the first two preseason games because he had minor knee surgery this week. He was hurt early in camp, where he was competing with Rahim Moore for a starting job. Denver is also looking at veteran Jim Leonhard. He reportedly is going to visit Saturday.

Great quote by Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles, who is coming back from a torn anterior cruciate ligament, when asked about his confidence level: “I’m out here practicing every day. I’m not scared.”

According to reports, Oakland fifth-round pick Juron Criner had a huge day Friday. He was a star during organized team activities, so it is nice for the Raiders to see him play well in a camp practice. On the flip side, starting cornerback Shawntae Spencer has been struggling.

That is not good for a team without much veteran experience at the position. Yes, second-year cornerback DeMarcus Van **** had a terrific week, but Spencer will be needed. At this point, injured veteran Ronald Bartell and Van **** might be your best bets to be the starting cornerbacks in Week 1.

After receiver Plaxico Burress mentioned the Raiders as a team he would play for,Oakland coach Dennis Allen was asked if the interest was mutual. Let’s be real. Burress will play anywhere that will sign him.

Allen didn’t kill the idea, saying that everything will be considered. But this is important: He didn’t add fuel, either. My take is that Oakland will continue to try to develop its young receivers. If the need for a veteran becomes apparent later in camp, perhaps the Raiders could investigate Burress, but I wouldn’t count on it.
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    Who's this filthy Van **** character? :D
  10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Just signed yesterday, I believe.

Broncos Notebook: Veteran Keith Brooking to work at MLB, WLB
    By Andrew Mason | CBSSports.com
    August 6, 2012 10:02 pm ETVeteran linebacker
    Keith Brooking, who has played 14 seasons in the NFL with the Cowboys and Falcons, worked out for the Broncos on Monday morning. A few hours later, he was signed and watching practice, although his full-contact debut will have to wait a few days, since the Broncos have practices in shorts Tuesday and Wednesday.

Brooking, 36, said he expects to work at the middle and weakside linebacking positions, providing depth to a pair of slots where they don't have experienced reserves. The current second-teamers at middle and weakside linebacker,Mike Mohamed and Nate Irving, are 2011 draft picks who have combined for one career tackle on defense.
    Unlike safety Jim Leonhard, who the Broncos signed Saturday, Brooking does not expect to be put on the active/physically unable to perform list and expects he will be practicing by Saturday.
    "I haven't been in the offseason program, so I'd be lying to you if I said that I was in game shape and ready to go, but my legs feel good; they still have pop in them," Brooking said. "I had a lot of blows to the head and a few surgeries. I'm not what I was eight years ago, but relatively speaking, my body feels really good."
    Banged up: WR Demaryius Thomas was held out of most of the team and seven-on-seven periods because of what Broncos coach John Fox termed a "tight Achilles." Thomas tore an Achilles tendon in February 2011, but Fox said that Monday's issue was "nothing serious." ... OT Ryan Harris left practice with a right ankle injury ... RB Mario Fannin will be placed on injured reserve with a torn Achilles tendon once he passes through waivers.
    Backup battle: After declaring reserve quarterbacks Caleb Hanie, Brock Osweiler and Adam Weber as "2a, 2 and 2c" last week, Fox and the Broncos released a depth chart listing Hanie as the second-teamer, followed by Osweiler and Weber. Fox implied that the listing was by no means final. "The people can make a lot out of this chart we hand out," Fox said. "Really, we only put it out there because we have to for the other teams."
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    The Broncos placed injured running back Mario Fannin on injured reserve. He suffered an Achilles injury Saturday in the team’s scrimmage. The 2011 undrafted free agent missed all of last season with a torn ACL. Talk about tough luck for a talented player.

Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel opened his news briefing Monday by passing condolences along to Philadelphia coach Andy Reid. His son, Garrett, died Sunday morning.

The Denver Post corrected a story about the suspension of tight end Virgil Green being reduced. Green’s four-game suspension will stand.

Oakland defensive tackle Richard Seymour missed practice Monday with a knee injury. Oakland punter Shane Lechler is at least a week away from returning from a knee injury.

Link
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Broncos lose starting DE Jason Hunter for at least two months

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 15, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
    The Broncos should go ahead and declare training camp over, just to change their luck.
    They lost a pair of starters to injuries yesterday. We knew starting right guardChris Kuper would miss six weeks with a broken forearm, but he’ll be joined in the training room by defensive end Jason Hunter.
    According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Hunter suffered a triceps tear and will miss at least two months, and perhaps the season.
    Hunter, a former undrafted rookie from Appalachian State, had leap-frogged former first-rounder Robert Ayers for a starting job in camp.
    He suffered the injury while hitting a blocking sled. The injury was apparently similar to Ty Warren’s last year, and while Warren held out hope of a late-season return, he eventually went with season-ending surgery.
  15. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 3 / -0
    And so the list grows and not only in the west!:poop:
  16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4

//www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21367896/jim-leonhard-keith-brooking-no-locks-make-broncos#ixzz24NjR4gnp

http://www.freep.com/article/201208...alf-injury?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
  18. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Until the Chargers do something to change their current paradigm, the talk of the NFL will be centered on Manning's Jock when it has to do with the AFC West.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I think our D is gonna have a little something for Manning. If he makes it to us.
  20. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    The thing is, it's not about the Bolts and Manning. It's about the Bolts and everyone on our schedule, the Chiefs and everyone on their schedule, and Denver and everyone on their schedule. After week six, we'll have played each of our AFC West opponents, the only team in the AFC West to do so before week 8, with Denver playing us twice before they play KC once. If we expect to be the topic of conversation, coming out of the first 6 games with fewer than 5 wins won't cut it unless the wheels have fallen off every other team in the division.
  21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I don't want to be a topic of conversation.

I just want enough wins to get a shot in the playoffs. The mediots can save their goo-guzzling for Manning etc.
  22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    The qualifiers for being a topic of conversation that I laid out above are likely the same for getting into the postseason.
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Likely. However, if the Denver Dikskinners are in the running as well, I feel pretty certain that the Chargers will be an afterthought. And I like that possibility. Maybe it will help serve to keep the team focused, pissed off, & hungry.

Then again - who am I trying to kid? :cautious:
  24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Quinn wins No. 2 job, for second straight year

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2012, 7:21 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    AP
    The Chiefs really like quarterback Ricky Stanzi. But not enough to make him the backup to Matt Cassel.
    Coach Romeo Crennel said Monday that Brady Quinn has won the job.
    Quinn may not be inclined to celebrate just yet. After all, he won the same job in Denver last year. And then when the time came to bench the starter, the coaching staff opted to give the ball to the No. 3 man on the totem pole.
    Of course, that one easily can be blamed on Tebowmania. And while folks in K.C. may not be putting up billboards or otherwise “standing up for Stanzi,” ineffective from Cassel could spark a local yearning for something new. Something like Stanzi.
    Yeah, if Cassel gets injured in a given game, Quinn makes the most sense to step in and finish the job. But if the Chiefs have to face the prospect of putting Cassel on the bench, Quinn could get passed over, again.

Booby prize. ;)
  25. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Man Terrelle Pryor looked good against the Lions man..

I give him another year and he wins that starting QB position next year.. Looks so much like Cam Newton.. And you have to think if he wasn't such an idiot at Ohio St., we would be saying maybe Cam Newton looks so much like a Terrelle Pryor..
  26. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    I'll have whatever your smoking. :D
  27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Wonder what they would have done if he was wearing a Raiders' jersey? :p

Third-grader told Peyton Manning jersey has gang ties

• By Gregg Rosenthal
    • Around The League editor
    • Published: Sept. 5, 2012 at 03:20 p.m.​
    • Updated: Sept. 5, 2012 at 09:01 p.m.​

We have a great story for everyone who hasn't come across enough idiocy on this glorious Wednesday.
    "They told me I couldn't wear 18 anymore because it's a gang number and I had to take it off," Konnor Vanatta told KDVR-TV in Denver.A third-grade student in Greeley, Colo., was told he couldn't wear a Peyton Manning Denver Broncos jersey to school because, well ...
    The policy apparently doesn't allow six different numbers: 13, 14, 18, 31, 41 and 81. The policy also doesn't allow for common sense.
    "I'm pretty upset the schools have come down to this, and I think they need to start paying attention to the education the children are getting rather than what they're wearing," said Konnor's mother, Pam Vanatta.
  28. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I just can't believe that Denver has gangs...
  29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Of third-graders, no less. :roflmao:
  30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Raiders sign veteran receiver Derek Hagan

Posted by Evan Silva on September 6, 2012, 7:08 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    Wide receivers Denarius Moore (hamstring) and Jacoby Ford (foot) are both in danger of missing Monday night’s opener against the Chargers, so the Raiders have dipped into free agency to sign up some insurance.
    According to the Twitter handle of former Bills wide receiver Derek Hagan, the seven-year veteran has been signed by Oakland.
    Although Hagan has bounced around the league and spent time with four different teams, he is a solid possession receiver with 109 career catches for 1,221 yards and six touchdowns. In Hagan’s lone start with Buffalo last season, he reeled in seven passes for 89 yards.
    This will be Hagan’s second stint with the Silver and Black; he also spent six games on Oakland’s roster early last season.