1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nfl Doping???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 6, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,140 / 36 / -21
    NFL DOPING?

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kansas City Chiefs tackle John Welbourn was suspended Wednesday by the NFL for six weeks for violating the league's drug policy -- even though Welbourn retired in June.

The NFL said Welbourn, who was suspended for the first four games of 2005 for using performance-enhancing drugs, would be eligible to return to the Chiefs on Oct. 23.

However, the 30-year-old Welbourn already quit after seven NFL seasons, citing a desire "to retire on my own terms rather than somebody else's."

Welbourn was acquired by Kansas City from Philadelphia in 2004 after coming into the league as a fourth-round draft choice in 1999. He was hampered by a knee injury during his first year in Kansas City, and then was suspended for the beginning of the 2005 schedule.

When he retired, Welbourn said he planned to enroll in law school.

I think It may be why Willie Roaf retired too.
    This better not become a trend, thats 3 different players ive heard about in the last week. I dont want this turning into Major League Baseball, where records need to be accompanied with an *