1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Network : Seahawks interested in VJ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jun 21, 2010.

?

Should AJ trade Vjack?

1. Yes.

68.8%
  2. No.

25.0%
  3. Yes, but wait until the trade deadline (week 6)

6.3%
  1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,233 / 37 / -21
    Sounds like the Hawks are ready to get fleeced by AJ again, just heard this on NFL Network.

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Do the seahawks have a 1st round pick now for 2011.

If Jackson is dead set on not playing most of 2010 then yes go ahead and trade him for alot.:yes:

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,233 / 37 / -21

Wouldn't it be great though if he came back in week 12 or 13 as a shot of life into our offense? He could take us from very good to downright scary, and as a team trying to win a Super Bowl right now its hard for me to imagine AJ giving up on him this early.

And yes the Seahawks do have a 1st.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    You really think that after missing camp, and the 1st 12 weeks of the season, them being suspended for 2 weeks, that he will instantly regain pro bowl form?

I would jump all of trading him if we could get something similar to what Denver got for Marshall, or for a 1st

5. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +75 / 10 / -2
    i say yes. but if we do i say trade Vjack for a 1st and package cooper in for either a 3rd round or a 4th with kam chancellor

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    rotoworld is saying that the guy on NFL Network was saying they could be interested if the Chargers put him on the block.

"NFL Network's Jason La Canfora speculates that the Seahawks could be interested if the Chargers put unsigned restricted free agent Vincent Jackson on the trade block.
    A trade could be a way for both the Chargers and Jackson to get something while avoiding a situation that is unfavorable on both sides. The Seahawks wanted Brandon Marshall before the draft, and shouldn't be satisfied with their receiver situation even after selecting Golden Tate in the second round. While this is a mere suggestion on La Canfora's part -- not a report -- it makes sense that Seattle would have interest in the scenario broached."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=3202&line=175069&spln=1

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Yep, after seeing the interview it appeared the seahawks would be lucky to land a player like jackson. NO real mention of any trade. Wishful thinking by the commentor it appeared.

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,233 / 37 / -21
    By playoff time, yes. Couple things to think about...

1. Its not impossible that AJ compromises on a 1yr deal with him in August or September worth more than the original RFA tag, just to get him back on the field.

2. He can't hold out for 12 weeks, he can hold out for a max of 10 weeks (plus his suspension) if he wants to get credit for a year of service, which he will if he wants to avoid the RFA tag next year.

3. The longer he holds out the less bargaining chips he will have for his negotiations next year, at this point he's only hurting himself.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    If there's a viable offer for him that is worthy of his value, a first and maybe a little more perhaps, then I see no reason not to trade him. He doesn't want to play for the tag that everyone else is playing for and will not play for the Chargers period so I see no point in playing this game.

10. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    I'd trade him for a second and a NT or LT at this point.

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Trade this self centered pansy asap!:icon_toast::icon_party: