1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Trade Rumors: Are The Lights Out For Shawne Merriman In San Diego?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Oct 1, 2010.

1. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I have a little knowledge on the subject. After you stop using, the gains you have made in strength and muscle mass are gradually lost. Some of the gains, if you continue to train, will actually be sustained. There are also drugs that can be taken after you stop juicing to help your body start making testosterone again. You could easily still benefit from muscle built with steriods a year after you stop, depending on how much muscle mass was gained during that use. I don't know if he used it for muscle / strength gain or recovery. I don't disagree with you on his focus outside of football.
  2. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It would take some pretty intense OTC supps to equate anabolics dude. Acting like 1-AD will do the same is a stretch. He could munch those supps till he was blue in the face. Not only that he would still probably get a negative result for banned substances if he did take any of those OTC supps your talking about. If the FDA banned them, I am sure the NFL did too. What is not banned on the leagues substance policy is not potent enough to sustain the benefits over a years time of anabolic use.
  3. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am not talking about any OTC stuff. You can use HCG to restart you bodies production of testosterone after you stop using steriods. No OTC substances are going to give you any substantial gaines compared to steriods. HCG is illegal without a script, but like steriods it's easy to get.
  4. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Is HCG a banned substance per the NFL policy?
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Just to comment on your sig. Big improvement and I fully agree with 80% of it. I dont think that all the comments made on the way out were the truth, they were the results of emotion, disapointment and uncertanty. That was on both sides IMO.

That said, he is one of the greatest Chargers ever, and I look forward to seeing his number on the ring of fame.
  6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    Yes it is. In fact, that is what Brian Cushing was suspended for using.
  7. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I think that ends that debate. I was hoping it wasnt and SDBF turned me onto a loophole. It's weird defending a player but at the same time being dissapointed in them.
  8. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! and sorry for all the drama on my end!

The day LT gets his yellow jacket I will feel like my dad did when Fouts got his. :)
  9. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    T'aint nothing...no worries :icon_toast:
  10. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think maybe there is a misunderstanding. I was not implying HGC was not a banned substance. I am implying that #56 could have been juicing, used HGC (like almost everyone I know does after they stop a cycle) to re-start his body in the production of testosterone, and could have benefitted from the use for a long time. He could have been clean in 07 and still benefitting from the gain in muscle mass from previous steroid use. If you think the guy never juiced, or did not benefit from it in 07 if he did, I respect your opinion.
  11. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I posted all this 2 years ago about how he #56 would suxs without roids. NFL was letting players have 1 year free to try clean up. (top secret info) He still didn't clean up and they suspended him. He is super fast but undersized for his position. I don't think he is intellegent enough to play a dif position. Trade him asap would be wise before other teams figure out all this. I'm historically 95% correct.
  12. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I still dont see how that makes sense. How can you benefit from something not present in your body? You cant sustain the benefits of anabolics with nothing in your system. Can you? If he took roids, got off em, then took HCG or HGH or PH they would still be present in his system, since they are sustaining his gains.

I'm sorry, I just cant follow ya on how that happens.
  13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,009 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
  14. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Lets say your benching 225. You complete a 6 week cycle of testosterone (or many other anabolic available) and now you have gained enough muscle mass to bench 305. You end your cycle and use some HCG (I typed HGC above but it's HCG. It's been a while and it's hard to remember all the substances) to kick start your bodies natural production of testosterone. A month goes by and you are now clean if tested, but you are still benching 285. You will continue to lose most of the muscle mass gradually that you gained while juicing, but it is a slow process.
  15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Just a very wild guess. But merriman will fake injury all year. Get his paycheck and then be free to go into free agency. I expect jackson will do the same thing when he has to report to join the team at the last minute to get his one year more of elgibility to free agency next year.
  16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    The reality is that Lights has not been the same since that cheapshotting douche Mawae dove at his knees from behind as some kind of retaliation for Merriman's perfectly legal hit on Vince Young.

For those that say he's a puss, I say BS. After the Titants game, he played the rest of 07 with two torn ligaments in his knee. He gutted out the rest of that season despite intense pain in his knee. Since Mawae's cheap shot, Merriman has not been healthy. He missed nearly all but one game of '08. He was still rehabbing his knee in '09, and just when he started rounding back into form, he injured his foot. It's been the same this year--two leg injuries slowing him down. If he ever gets fully healthy again, I believe Merriman can still be a disruptive force. The question is will he ever be able to stay injury-free long enough. I don't know.
  17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson did it (although it would hurt his value somewhat) but it does Merriman no good to fake injuries, 3 years of not performing is a long time, he needs to show he has something left in the tank. Now I don't think he'll play through injuries either because he'll want to be healthy for FA.
  18. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    For those who don't understand what happens when u quit using roids do simple math. Assume u know nothing about performance enhancing drugs called steroids. Go back to using simple addition/subtraction +/- math. How much did Shawn Merriman weigh when he used roids and how much does he weight now? GET IT? MASS= POWER loss of mass = less power. DE position has to be able to run through 325 lb min O lineman 50% the time to start in the NFL. ROIDS= muscle mass which not only produces speed and power but body weight to power through things. As i said he used before he was caught as well the NFL knew (1 yr before) and i won't disclose how i know things.

I'm historically 95% correct. Why else have i designed strats for 12 years 4 dif games now 5 #1 in the world. Its' all math. There is a reason my teams dominated gaming all these years. Yet Charger fans don't take me seriously that i can clearly see the fixes for our team to win a SB. I don't use drugs of any kind like most fans do so its' easier for me to see clearly.

It's like when u in a focused zone gaming or playing at a high level. Only world champs know what I'm talking about, its a huge edge. I for some reason can see so clearly what we need to be doing better to be the best. Only takes seconds for some to see a play and be able to break down everything done right and wrong.

The guy who just won cycling (Tour De France) just got caught using drugs and will be banned soon. Drugs do matter. Not only do they make u stronger, faster they also make u more aggressive perfect for a DE position. In all honestly he should have to pay back us $ for cheating since now we stuck with the real SM =/.
  19. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +827 / 22 / -1
    :icon_rofl: