1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFLDraftCountdown.com Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by sdrocks, Jan 17, 2007.

1. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Do you guys know if this site is any good? You guys can do a site like this.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

"30. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    SIDNEY RICE WR
    | South Carolina | Scouting Report
    In a 2006 season that featured a number of bright spots for the Chargers one that stood out was the emergence of Vincent Jackson as a nice young receiving threat for them. Even though he played very well in his second year it's important to keep everything in perspective and remember that in the end Jackson did only start eight games and finished the season with just 27 catches for less than 500 yards. Even if you do accept the premise that Jackson is a future #1 target for them there is still the need to add some additional help at wideout because Eric Parker is average and Keenan McCardell finally started to show some signs of his age by notching his worst season since 1994. Even though he is still raw and inexperienced Sidney Rice is loaded with potential and this would be a perfect situation for him as he'd be allowed to develop slowly for a year or two before eventually taking on a more significant role once McCardell decides to hang them up. Rice isn't a sure thing but at this point the potential rewards outweigh the risks.
    "

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    i go to them alot during draft time and they should be adding a second round tomorrow or so

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +611 / 0 / -0
    It is a good site. I visit it a lot leading up to the draft.

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    GREAT pick!

5. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Lamar Woodley would be our pick based on that draft instead of Rice.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Wrong, Patrick Willis

7. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    WHy on earth would we waste a #1 on a guy who will never be more then depth on our deep since we SO deep with young great pass rushers

Whether you want to admit it or not, our biggest need is EASILY wr

8. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    He is a strong possablity as well , I like Woodleys versatility better
    from the stand point of rushing the passer that and I have not seen Willis play.

I tell you another one to watch slipping up the draft board is Charles Johnson DE Georgia he maybe a little small for us but he will jump up the boards he is very good.

9. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    Wrong, Bobby Meachem

10. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    So we gave Wilhelm and Cooper big extensions just for the hell of it?

There is a reason we gave those guys those contracts, its so they can become starters after donnie and godfrey leave and like i said in the post above, you dont waste a #1 on a guy who will never be more then depth

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Patrick Willis wouldn't be depth, and I am saying this given the mock posted on NFLdraftcountdown. Willis will go in the top 15 on draft day and Wilhelm and Cooper are not even close to being in his league. Willis at 30 would be a ridiculous steal. I have been following him since the beginning of his jr season and he is an unbelievable football player. All these comparisons to Ray Lewis are legit in my opinion and I get chills down my spine imagining Willis right behind Jamal and next to Merriman. Besides the fact that he has all the intangibles AJ looks for; leadership, asset to community, willingness to play through pain, etc... He is a ridiculous linebacker. The way this guy knifes through blocking to get to the ballcarrier is a work of art. He makes plays that very few linebackers can make. He almost never gives up yards after contact and does a decent job of taking on blockers. Wilhelm and Cooper have nothing on him except NFL experience. He is a far superior athlete, quicker and stronger than both, and his football instincts are top notch. He is a great blitzer as well and he will be the best blitzing inside linebacker San Diego has had in a while if we can get our hands on him. He is an animal.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Come draft day Willis will be talked about going anywhere from 8-14 overall. I love Meachem but Willis at 30 is a no brainer. All these so called draft experts clearly haven't seen him play very much if they are projecting him going 31st overall

13. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Round 2 Mock Link

"62. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    Ray McDonald DE | Florida |Scouting Report
    They had some injury problems along the defensive line in '06 so it's time to bolster the depth "

I never would have thought that we would go DE in the 2nd round.

14. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I would be at this point surprised as well but McDonald has very good pass rushing skills however I think he may slip to the 3 rd . If we don't take a LB in the first and we go WR LB is a good position in the second as this draft is loaded especialy with cover guys . Evertt FLA ILB who is very fast would be a great pick .

15. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0

I never would have thought that we would go DE in the 2nd round McDonald looks like a good pass rusher but he will be a OLB in our type of defense not a DL.