1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I'm impressionable ..... :rolleyes:
  2. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    Why did you buy one of these?
    [​IMG]
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    You fret like an old women........ and you love to contradict yourself.

First, you worry that we won't be able to win the big one with Rivers, but you also say that it's a team game, so no one player is responsible for a Super Bowl win (in reference to Eli). If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl, then any QB with a pulse can. ;)

What Eli had (that Rivers has never had), is a dominant defense. That D-line was the reason Eli had a chance to pull out the big play to win the Super Bowl (and that Stickum on the side of Tyree's helmet).

I don't buy into the idea that we'll always have a chance to win a Super Bowl as long as we have Rivers. We may have a chance to make the playoffs, but win the playoffs takes a lot more than one guy. I think our chances of winning a Super Bowl go up when we aren't reliant on any one player...... including Rivers. Give me a team that's good in all three phases of the game consistently, and then I'll think they have a shot at a championship.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    I'm gonna go re-watch the chiefs game and drink whisky. See y'all tomorrow after I finish watching the 7 year old's flag football game (kid's a speedy TD machine, not sure I'm his father), and re-doing the shite caulking job in the shower. And putting new wheels on the fargin shower door.
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    My wife sez she doesn't like your gloating over this win.

I told her to shut the **** up & go to bed.

Does anyone here know first-aid? :confused:
  7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    My sentiment is not really in response to your post here, but here is how I feel about this upcoming game @ the Saints:

Our record against Brees's Saints is 0-whatever, right? That abysmal loss in London plus the game last year. Now I don't care that the Saints are 0-4, pissed off as heck, Brees has all these weapons on offense, playing on turf top, in their dome, Yada Yada... They do not have their black balled DC and their suspended HC! It is a matter of pride for the Chargers to show up and to dominate on the national Telly. I believe that we are a better team, so if the leadership starts with our esteemed QB, we must show up or shut up! If we happen to lose to a better team on that day, i.e, the best that Saints could be; then I'll get over it. However, if we beat ourselves by making moronic mistakes from our QB and trickling down, then you will not have your wish as boldened above ;)
  8. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    Are the Saints struggling with all their issues this year?...... you bet. Are they a terrible 0-4 team?...... not on your life.

The most they have lost any of their games by is 8 points. The Chiefs beat them by a FG, the Packers beat them by 1 point. They're playing at home on a nationally televised game (with those suspended coaches in attendance), Brees going for the record, and an absolute must win for the team. I would expect their best game.

The Chargers will have to bring their best effort to win this game, the Saints aren't going to just :poop: this one away...... unless I'll totally mistaken. If the Chargers can manage a win (by any means), it will be acceptable. A closeup of a tear rolling down Mole Boy's face after the game will be satisfying enough. ;)
  9. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

hahahahahahahaahahahaaa...serves you right. :roflmao:
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Exactly how have I contradicted myself ?

Ive said for years now that Rivers is our Number 1 commodity bar none, that much is correct..................but by saying that doesn't in any way mean he doesn't need the right players around him to succeed though, thats where your assumption loses credibilty.

No one more than myself has been saying for years now that without a much better defense this team wont ever win a Superbowl or anything of significance, for which YOU many times have taken me to task about for memory ....... now you seem to be changing your tune in regards to Rivers and his importance to this team ........ so who's the flip-flopper here ?

Very rarely do I place all the focus on a single individual, having played a game in which team chemistry is the single most important ingredient for any success, I'm more than a little aware of how it all works BLEW.

You youself over the years have been very forward in your endorsment of certain individuals and what they could mean to this teams ultimate success .....................many have failed to live up to it I'm sure you'd admit too, not least of all thus far would be our dear Ryno for example.

Lets hope that he can change the scenerio he has painted for himself thus far....................a Picasso so many predicted he'd become, certainly hasn't come close to fruition. :rolleyes:
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Hold up here a second !!!!!!!!!!

So who did the initial "shite chalking job" ?..............You or someone else ?

....and secondly.............

Wheels on a shower door ?????????????????????????????

What the farg is that all about !!!!! ................ how big a door do you actually have on the shower that it needs wheels to begin with ????
    Are you bathing elephants in there or what ...................Ive never heard or seen of a shower door that simple hinges on, wouldn't do the trick.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Daylight savings kicking in here in less than one hour ...............time to "spring forward" again.

Well, that means an extra hour of sleep on Monday morning at least and the first games don't start here till 4am now instead of 3 ....Yipeeeeeeee.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ah, Fred! I hope he's doing well, Blew.

Anyway, if you guys want to know what had kept me in the cage for the past year or so, it was school, debate, Crossfit, and this:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Taco. That being said, I want our team to do well and expect them to do well, but I believe that Norv and AJ must go. We need to some pissed off, huge people on defense, people who are not afraid to tackle (such as Butler and Weddle; love those two), and we need a better offensive line.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    So what do you think is in that silver metal at the top? :rolleyes:
  16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    rollers would be a better term, but technically rollers are wheels.;)
    Also, you commonwealth countries have no clue about showers. Go take a bath.:p
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Stop. You're going to blow his mind. :D
  18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    This is a family forum! Everyone knows what men think with! :mad:
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Deev says that was blown ages ago, so it won't get blown again ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    What and pass up on Jackies reply! :roflmao:
  21. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    Yep! He had his full minute! :whistling:
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    I wasn't talking about the past, nitwit.... I was talking about what you just wrote.

You questioned Rivers' ability to win a championship. What you said about him in the past is irrelevant. You then went on to say how one player isn't responsible for a team winning a Super Bowl...... which no one would disagree with. Why you think Rivers is suddenly unable to win a Super Bowl, when even Trent Dilfer has won one is a mystery. Rapistberger won his first despite his play..... his team carried him in that game. Rivers is perfectly capable of winning a Super Bowl for the Chargers, providing the team as a whole plays good enough.

What any of what I said has to do with Mathews is beyond me. I never claimed he was going to take the team to the promised land. I think he's a legitimate starting RB, if given the carries. His 1,000+ yards last season showed that, despite limited carries in a two back set. Sure, he has to fix his ball security issues, but his hardly unique in that problem. Many backs have had to deal with that.

Bottom line, I see nothing about Rivers play that shows his skills are deteriorating, or he's become a headcase. People forget that the last part of the season when Gaither came in, that Rivers' INTs declined greatly. He's now played one game with a rusty Gaither. Lets see how he does going forward with a less porous O-line.
  23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    You've been giving yourself groin injuries?........ seems like an odd way to pass the time. ;)
  24. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    She should appreciate this then.......

So the 2012 Chiefs season is not off to a great start, and fans, some more than others, are frustrated.

A group of the angrier fans, coming together through Chiefs website ChiefsPlanet.com, are hiring a plane to fly a banner over Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. The banner will read, "We deserve better. Fire Pioli, Bench Cassel."
    • Like Like x 1
  25. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    Just testing your eye sight as you age mate....... you are used to squinting anyways right? ;).
  26. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    I expect the Chargers not to :poop: this one away, in lieu of their 0 wins against Brees and the aforementioned Saint issues. I would like to see a top notch game planned by the coaching staff and executed by the players in all facets of the game. I expect Rivers to elevate his game to the max so our D would not be facing Brees all Eve long! Cut out all the stupid mental mistakes and see if the Saints can exploit our weaknesses which are predominantly on our OL and Secondary (CB's) Every team has weaknesses and my summation is that the Saints have more wows of their own to contend with than the Chargers do! So I hope that the Chargers do not gift wrap the Saints a victory, in the enigmatic Jackal and Hyde fashion that I fear they may :(
  27. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    Afternoon Blue bud.
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    The Saints D has been weak against the run. They've giving up 747 yards on the ground in 4 games..... That's over 186 yards average per game. If Norv Turner hits them hard with a Battle/Mathews/McClain combo, then Rivers won't need to do too much. They should be able to shorten the game and limit Brees' scoring opportunities.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    That it is....... I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in.
  30. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Ironically, that is what the Team should have done against Atlanta (I was advocating for "Martyball" prior to that game, if you recall) They were still in the game when ATL scored after the Ryan fumble and in typical panicing fashion, they abandoned the running game, putting the onus on Rivers and his yet-to-gel WR corp. Let us batter them with Battle/Ryan/McClain. Some Brown receiving on 3rd downs outta backfield and AG when not doubled up against :tup: