1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    Sure wish they would get started showing it Pumpy.
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    I saw that coming....... the momentum has totally shifted to the Saints. Dumb mistakes have doomed this team too many times.
  3. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    Sure would like to see a nice, long, clock-eating drive here and win this one with a rushing TD....
  4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    Still just need a drive for 7 let's go Rivers! Where is #80?
  5. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Another no call on a pass interference play. :mad:
  6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Erratic Rivers throwing another ill advised pass into triple coverage :( :( :(

I'm out ladies :(
  7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    #%#¥ need a hold!
  8. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    I really feared the Ingram play would be huge, and it was.
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Fortunate we're still only down one score.
  10. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    These refs are a joke.
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Bullshit refs....... and Gaither's back goes out at the worst time.
  12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Well, NO needed all the breaks to win this one and the Refs certainly obliged and the D's Achilles heel, i.e, our secondary opened the gateway, as it was previously noted/mentioned.
  13. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    If Ingram doesn't commit that penalty, we win the game..... of that, I'm certain. Up by 17 points, and moving the ball on the ground and screen dumps, we could've eaten up the clock. I hate it when the Chargers beat themselves like this...... it's old already.
  14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    That was a turning point and Drew made us pay for it, we were giving a Chance with the hands to the face call for a 1st down.

Normal Charger game!
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    The refs on the last drive were terrible...... I've never seen so many questionable calls go against a team on a final drive. It was like the Chargers were playing against the Saints and the refs...... ******* nuts. :mad:
  16. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    I suspect that Granny bought the zebras with Aussie bucks for this one. They got really obvious in that last two minutes that THEY were going to give the Saints their fairy tail ending no matter what happened on the field - and no matter how many non-calls they made against the Aintz only to turn around and call the Bolts. Gates had every reason to be pissed. IMO

No more worries about the integrity of the game Mr. Commish - it was lost tonight, if not long ago.

I didn't expect the Chargers to win this one - but hated to see the zebras give it away. Can you tell I'm a bit pissed off myself????

No doubt - Gaither back on the injured list and we probably won't see him again until after the bye week.
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    You could really sense the league didn't want the Saints to go 0-5 to start the year after the bounty gate business. The commish doesn't want to be blamed for the Saints troubles. Either that, or the refs bet a bundle on the Saints to win...... those calls make no sense otherwise.
  18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    I agree that the game turned against us at that point, but you know what? Brees proved to be a better QB, yet again, on a nationally televised game. Unbelievable that we lost to a D which was basically last in the league and we collapsed in the following sequence: 2ndary, OL & QB :(
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    I know Brees is good...... he hasn't set all those passing records for nothing, but his line did a better job protecting him too. Even with Gaither healthy, there was too much pressure on Rivers. Clary was beaten badly one-on-one a number of times. We need to upgrade the O-line. I don't think we have all the parts yet to be an elite team.

The young guys on defense will learn and get better, but the offense isn't able to control a game the way they should. Mathews showed his ability, but too many plays broke down because of early pressure.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    Looks like the CMB is down again - funny how that happens after a loss eh? :whistling:

OBTW Blue, *really* liked your gameday thread image - that has GOT to be some of your best work yet!!! :tup:
  21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Not sure which is more irritating (in no particular order):
    1. The continuing inability of Norv and Rivers to get sheet done in the 4th quarter
    2. The continuing inability of the defense to make a stop on 3rd down
    3. The insertion of English instead of Barnes in when Phillips was out (and the Saints had a nice drive)
    4. The OL still sucking
    5. The refs who obviously had orders from Goodell, Vegas, or both

Not even pissed at Ingram. Rookie mistake (that he's made 3 times inc preseason, but ****, play the guy more dammit, at least he can get pressure).

Gotta say I predicted a 31-28 Saints victory. Damn close. I predicted 28-24 Falcons W too. I keep nailing the opposition points but overestimating the Chargers offense.

Norv's teams need a big motherfuckin lead in the 4th to win against quality teams. Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and predict another 4th quarter loss next week to the donks. They have a better defense, and Norv showed no ability to gameplan around blitzes tonight, so I predict not as much offense out of the Bolts, and the donks doing what they need to do: 28-20 Denver W.

Still sticking with #sbw2013 though. They'll reel off a sheetload of wins after the bye, and the D is young and learning. By playoff time, they'll be what they need to be. And front 7s still win championships (which is good cause Cason really sucks, and Rivers looks nervous--Mathews looked good though)
  22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Even with some miscues, we could have beaten just the Saints. Add in the refs as part of the intended narrative & you get what Goodell wanted - a moderately appeased Saints' team/fan base & a dreamy little night for Mole Boy.
  23. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Well so much for that idea darling .....................not that it would have helped you at all after some of those later day picks of yours ........ :D

Seriously !!!!!!!................JACKSONVILLE and CAROLINA ??????...............give it up Man, your Manlove for the guy is becoming embarrassing ...............and its killing any chance you have of ever winning a week of pick 'em's ...... hahahahahahaha

Lets see how this week went shall we ..............

Looks like Jackie wins AGAIN this week Gents I believe, thats 3 weeks in a row if I'm not mistaken (not sure about weeks 1 and 2, probably won those too, but hell, why embarrass Pumpy anymore than I already are :D ) ....................and we don't even need to wait till its offically all done with Monday Night either .... :D

Jackie ....... 11/2 .....Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner !!! ;)

Pumpy ....... 7/6 .........uhhhhhh, just treading water there PUMP. :roflmao:

Ringo ......... 9/4 ........ well, ya beat PUMP at least, nice going Cam-Lover !!! :tup:

ThunderPony ...... 7/6 .....sorry Pony Boy, but have to give you the favorite for the Thurs. game seeing as you were late to the party, so thats a loss...... :D

OK boys, this is so much fun, lets meet up again here next week and do it all over again shall we ............. :tup: ;)
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42

....and I bet I could still beat you Poofessoria. :D
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Jackie put in a full 8 today and had to resist the temptation to peek a sneak in here and other places during the day ............wanted to watch the game without knowing the score, thus being unfairly swayed one way or the other.

That took some doing, trust me ............. we'll get to my thoughts regarding the game as I get through todays posts.
  26. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    Apparently Gaither pulled his groin on the 2nd to last play - re-watched tail end of game and it sure looked like that is what happened on review.

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken Chargers reported three injuries from game: Jared Gaither (groin), Corey Liuget (knee) and Vaughn Martin (stinger).
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Tell ya what BLEW, I'm willing to make a compromise if you are .......

When Norf has any many SB rings as Belichick, I'd say he may be just about good enough for Ol' Blly Boy to hire him as his pool boy. ;)
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Ohhhh, I'll be getting to that CLUSTERFARG here shortly Dave............did you NOT see the last 2 plays of the game ???????????
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    I've just been asking myself the same question ??????????

Some awfully positive talk from the Prez of the NNer's it must be noted........he even sounds semi-excited if my eye's aren't deceiving me.
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Absolutely nothing Gilchrist could do on that catch by Colson than he attempted, sometimes you just have to give it up to the opponent being better equipped and that's exactly what happened on that play.