1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    For sure that would be a better debate. But it's not what Jack said when Carolina drafted him ;)
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    What did he say?....... I forget. ;)
  3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    ...and that was the exact point I was attempting to make back when Ringo was anointing this scamming mo fo' as a certain gun NFL QB .......he's far from that and in my opinion will never be as good as the Press or his enablers claim he is.
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Next door neighbour arsewipe......

Leaf is still and always will be the greatest bust of all time ........ His after-football curriculum should at least tell you that much Brudder, was a born loser from the day his mudder spat him out obviously.
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Did he really just say those 3 are taking "mental notes" ???????

To fargin' funny ........coincidence for sure ....... HahahahahHa
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    No, niwit......he said "mental reps". Is it that hard to read a 140 character tweet? :laugh:
  7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Speaking of mental reps, you haven't given X and I the opportunity for some asian "mental reps" in a very long time now. :(

~~~

Posted with my undying admiration for those peace-loving Canadian friends of mine who happen to be sports fans:

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Canepa: Refs add insult to Gaither’s injury

Worst Seller: “Chargers Lose the Battle of New Orleans.”

Chapter One: Jared Gaither Wounded

“I tell ya, Gaither looks lame. He’s gonna have to get some help here or (Martez) Wilson’s going to get a sack to end this game. They have to realize Jared Gather’s really hurting. He’s having a tough time moving.”

It wasn’t exactly the Hindenburg call — not an “Oh, the humanity!” in there by Cris Collinsworth, NBC’s fine Sunday Night Football analyst. But if Cris is in the market, I want him to be my broker.
    Have you ever heard a more prophetic comment? Smack on. It was as though he was the only human being in New Orleans with 20-20 vision (and if you spend much time in the French Quarter, it might have been the case).

The Chargers realized nothing. Six assistant coaches upstairs in the Superdome booth — head coach, more assistant coaches, assistants to the assistants, doctors, trainers, water boys, cable carriers, caterers, green flies, kings horses and king’s men on the sideline, and not one realized Gaither, the Chargers left tackle who works the fierce winters in Nepal as a Himalaya, was severely hobbled.

Apparently not Gaither, either. He refused to dial 911.

If you watched video, Gaither came up lame (groin) on what turned out to be the game’s final two plays as the Chargers desperately tried overcoming equally lame officiating and tie it. He could hardly move. Collinsworth nailed it. Wilson sprinted around Jared and stripped Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers of the ball. Saints recovery. Game over.

So who’s to blame? It’s popular to hang it on head coach Norv Turner, but he’s calling offensive plays, not checking for injuries. Steve Fairchild was brought in this offseason to be a second pair of eyes for Norv. He obviously didn’t see it. Maybe the Chargers should hire Collinsworth.

I’ll never say the Chargers were going to win this game had they brought in rookie Mike Harris at left tackle. But maybe Rivers wouldn’t have been stripped. Gaither was as mobile as continental drift.

Monday, Turner said: “It wasn’t brought to my attention.”
    Obviously. So who screwed up?

“He should have taken himself out,” Norv was saying after Wednesday’s practice, in which Gaither basically was an observer (coach seems to think all casualties will play vs. Broncos on Monday night). “It was two plays. Something like that, you raise your hand and come out.”

I can’t disagree, but this was a team effort. Someone had to see this huge human being struggling out there. My feeling is Gaither took so much flak over his missed time with back spasms he wanted to take one for the team.

And the team took one for him.

Chapter Two: The Real Refs Stink

Once again, the Chargers didn’t win in New Orleans and didn’t deserve to — they allowed the Saints to slip away — but don’t say the replacement refs could have done worse at the end than the real zebras. Without blown calls, San Diego at least would have had a chance to tie the game in regulation.

On the Chargers’ faithful, futile, final foray, there were more hankies on the floor than at the premiere of “Camille.” Chargers center Nick Hardwick was called for holding. Look at the film. No hold. You don’t call a foul you didn’t see.

The killer came later. Just after the 2-minute warning, Rivers threw a perfect pass to wide open tight end Antonio Gates, who ran out of bounds at the Saints’ 25. They were in business. Except the zebras called offensive pass interference on Antonio.

Watch the film. Horrendous call. At that point, you keep the flag in your pocket. Real refs don’t shower, too.

Earlier in the week, Turner, obviously biting his tongue in fear of NFL reprisal, said he had no problem with the calls. Bull. Watching the tape, he probably tossed beer cans at the screen as if it were “Animal House” trying to make a case for Flounder.

“Everyone saw what they saw,” Norv said Wednesday. “I’ve been in a lot of games. Calls go one way, calls go the other way. Gates caught the ball on the 25 and we still had two timeouts …”

He ended it there. So we turned to Rivers, who says he never curses at officials.

“I’ve never said anything ugly to a ref,” he said. “But that was a rough stretch. We had to go 80 yards in that environment and it’s harder to go 140.”

Rivers wasn’t blaming anybody publicly, but knew the call on Gates was ridiculous. It wasn’t Ed Hochulian, because they probably still would have screwed it up. But you can’t take away great chances assuming you saw something, with is the greatest vice of NFL officials.

“I definitely liked our chances there,” Rivers said.

Of course he did. But it was New Orleans. Drew Brees voodoo dolls and refs in a Bourbon Street haze.
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    No requests were made....... I assumed that X was a reformed man these days. ;)
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Notes ...reps ......all the same, was the "mental" usage that I was referring too in light of the 3 players mentioned.

Rather funny I thought seeing as all 3 have been questionable to say the least in regard to that side of their game.
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

As far as I'm concerned, it has to be Fairchild right ?

Weren't we told his appointment was all about being Norf's special assistant for just such situations, along with time clock management, etc ?

Maybe I just read it wrong at the time ?.......and maybe pigs DO fly after all.

Another great appointment that adds nothing to this franchise needless to say.
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    I wouldn't say their problems were mainly "mental".

Clary is physically limited, not much study can do to fix that. Mathews fumbling is as much technique as mental. He's not the only one who carries the ball looser than I'd like to see....... both Gates and Floyd do that one-handed waving the ball business when running. Perhaps, you're questioning Gaither's "mental" toughness, but I still think his problem was physical. You saw how well he played even after missing all that practice time. That guy knows how to play the position.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    Blue, Right on the money! Floyd was scary on Monday I think Gaither is just not a practice type guy.
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    In other news, Lance Armstrong is a lying cheating piece of :poop: .
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Love Floyd, but that waving of the ball has got to stop. :eek:
  16. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    that's on the Norv if it continues........ Now I hope to see it happen to Thomas for the 3rd game in a row on Monday night!:)
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    You're making sheet up now. Sure sign you're on the ropes.
  18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    I think Gaither was actually hurt. And tends to get hurt a lot. But he can play LT well when healthy.
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    There ya go. Funny system though. You can't cheat too much (eg Landis) or you get caught right away. Cheat a little too much, and you get caught eventually. Finish in 3rd or 4th and cheat a little, and you're clean. Eventually they're going to have to re-award all the TdF titles to the 10th place finishers :roflmao:
  20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    jayzus, judging by Jack's revisionist history, I might actually have to post it again :)
  21. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    I think he was hurt on Sunday night .... If he can play I am happy :)
  22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    I'm pretty sure the guy was hurt before as well. It's only a matter of time before he gets hurt again. AJ needs to line up a viable back-up for Gaither (statement of the obvious, but apparently not so obvious to AJ).
  23. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    AJ Needs bookends and one needs to be ready to play full time!
  24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Ugh. The OL is hurting for sure.
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    What the hell is injured on Mathews now?
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Cromartie is a fargin' useless, scared, frightened loud-mouthed, piece of human trash, if you think he has any game worth getting the slightest bit excited about, then I'd seriously have to question your ability to evaluate what it takes to play this game and YES, as a high draft pick he has proven to be nothing but a bust in my opinion, bar a period of about 10 games into a 6 year career, then again, that does seem to be a familar trait of yours ........."play a handful of decent games and your a star for life"

Better than "our" CB's ???........what exactly would that have to do with the price of eggs ???...unless your suggessting that you'd willingly take him back presently ? Is that what you're suggesting you'd do if the opportunity arose ?

If you're that desperate, then you and I aren't on the same page, make that the same universe as far as supporting this team goes.

The day that this team ever brings this lowlife back into the fold, is the day I walk away from supporting this franchise for good.

And by all means, bookmark this post for future reference, not that you'll need it, I've never backed down from anything I've ever put in these pages before and aren't about to start now. ;)
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    I don't believe I said the word "mainly" in my original post, but the fact of the matter is they all have displayed weaknesses in that area I think you'd agree.
    No doubt Jumpy Is limited from a physical stand point, but what that has to do with his committing consistent penalties must be also attributed to his ability to understand that those things just cannot continue to happen, yet in his case they have throughout his entire career........I know you'll argue that because of his limited physical gifts he feels the need to maybe react quicker to lessen those weaknesses, thus he more likely to false start more so than those with quicker reaction abilities, but still, it hurts the team when this happens and must be rectified if he ever wants to be considered for regular stating duties.

As for Mathews, you can't tell me that his fumbling issues aren't mental by this stage !!!! ........ Sure technique can be bought up, but if that hasn't been rectified by now through coaching and constant work, then I seriously doubt he can change his ways.

Just as Katie has shown with his kicking, you can reach a point of no return in certain fundamentals of this game, carrying the ball for a RB is no different and he certainly wouldn't be the first RB in this league to lose a job because of his inability to hold on to the pill, regardless of how well he runs with it at times.

Until Gates and Floyd both start fumbling the nut because of their technique ( which to my knowledge has never been in question thus far), why even compare those guys with the two above ???....surely what has been shown is far more important than "what may happen", isn't it ?

As for Gaithers, it sure does seem like this guy is gonna be one of those types that just drives you nuts as far as injuries go........guess we just have to deal with it, can't see the situation changing with him, it's NOT like he hasn't had a constant history of this exact type of behaviour in his career......no doubt he improves the OLine significantly when able to take the field, he's fargin awesome in fact, Rivers seems to grow an extra foot with him around, but again, it's just gonna take patience and a whole lot of praying that he can in fact stay healthy enough to do his job.
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    The only thing scary about Floyd is Norf's inability to utilise him more often than for the opening 5 minutes of a game ....... Throw him the ball for farg sake, all the bastard ever does is catch it after all, fumbling has never been an issue with the guy.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Well farg me with a featherduster, there's some news I never expected to hear ...... :whistling:

I think I recall mentioning that many moons ago also .......but unfortunately we live in a World of such delusional thinking, the sheep mentality of many will never believe it simply because the guy himself refuses to come clean .......gullibility has replaced common sense long ago and the old adage of "where's there's smoke, there's fire" has been replaced with " I'm gonna need indisputable proof before I ever believe a word of this"

Guy is a fraud, plain and simple, but he'll be fine, it's not like he has any criminal chargs to worry about and Im sure his bank account is untouchable thanks to some fancy accounting over the years by his enablers.

"Livestrong" indeed .....how prophetic thats turned out to be !!!!

30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Why Norf ?................what do we pay Charlie Joiner for ?