1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Busy night for me--hockey practice for kids, then bedtime, then had to get caught up on football and baseball. ******* Yankees need to make it close, don't they? Where the hell was Ibanez tonight? Ride that ****.
  2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    0-1 here too.
    Rest of week
    Bucs
    Ravens
    Rams
    Falcons
    Eagles
    Browns (gotta win sometime why not against Bengals?)
    Jets
    Cards
    Hawks--Bruce Irvin will eat Solder and **** out Brady
    Niners
    Vikes
    Texans
    Broncos--Chargers go into 4th with 20-17 lead but lose 30-20.
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    So no one has mentioned the death of Mongo ... sad news. Apparently he was suffering from quite a bit of dementia.

And for the haters - the Vick family has a new dog. Be sure to let Shammy know just to raise his BP a little. :tup:
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Must be Tomlin's fault, right? :rolleyes:

Larry Foote: We aren’t strong mentally

Posted by Josh Alper on October 12, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    The Steelers blew a seven-point lead in the fourth quarter against a Titans team that made a habit out of getting blown out in the first five weeks of the season.
    It’s their third road loss in three road games this season to teams that have gone a combined 2-10 against opponents other than the Steelers. It would be easy to blame injuries for some of the Steelers’ woes as they played without safety Troy Polamalu and linebackerLaMarr Woodley on Thursday while several other players got banged up over the course of the game. Linebacker Larry Foote has a different take on the problem in Pittsburgh, however.
    “We’re not strong mentally,” Foote said to Jeff Hathhorn of 93.7 The Fan. “We don’t look like a championship team right now. Everybody here’s been knocked down, everybody’s had doors shut in their face, everybody’s gotten beat.”
    At 2-3, there’s plenty of time for the Steelers to get back on track this season. To do so, they’ll need to start looking a bit more like the Steelers teams we’re used to seeing than the one that couldn’t run the ball on the Titans defense and couldn’t stop the Titans offense in the final minutes on Thursday night. Getting healthy would certainly help that cause.
    If Foote is right, though, it won’t take care of everything.
  5. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    Pittsburgh @ Tennessee
    St. Louis @ Miami
    Dallas @ Baltimore
    Detroit @ Philadelphia
    Cincinnati @ Cleveland
    Indianapolis @ NY Jets
    Kansas City @ Tampa Bay
    Oakland @ Atlanta
    New England @ Seattle
    Buffalo @ Arizona
    NY Giants @ San Francisco
    Minnesota @ Washington
    Green Bay @ Houston
    Denver @ San Diego
  6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Jack's worse when it comes to Vick and dogs. This is gonna have him spewing :)
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    But, not so much....Jackie never did cut him on his FF team...even has vick starting this week! :tdown:
  8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Bears on bye? ;)
  9. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    Not my problem! :rolleyes:

Still many-many QB's available....:whistling:

[​IMG]
  10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    I guess that sounds better than "we're just not that good anymore". ;)
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Jared Gaither expects to face Broncos

A lack of practice time hasn't kept Jared Gaither from playing in the past.
    That may be the case again this week.

The Chargers left tackle missed Thursday's practice with a groin strain. He suffered it on the third-to-last play of Sunday night's game against the Saints, playing through the injury despite it clearly hampering his mobility.

Coach Norv Turner said earlier this week there is no tear and he is "confident" Gaither will play Monday night against the Broncos.

Gaither stood on the rain-soaked field Thursday and took mental reps.

In the locker room afterward, he was optimistic about his chances.

"I look forward to being out there," Gaither said. "I don't want to say 'why wouldn't I be?' but I don't see why not."

His groin injured, unbeknownst to the Chargers sideline, Gaither finished Sunday's game with his team attempting to piece together a potential game-tying touchdown drive.

It didn't go as he hoped.

On second down, Saints defensive end Martez Wilson beat a limping Gaither around the edge, pressuring quarterback Philip Rivers to force an errant incomplete pass. On third down, Wilson did it again, this time for a sack that forced a game-clinching fumble.

"I got hurt, tried to find a way around it," Gaither said. "I was unsuccessful. Anytime there's 30 seconds left in the game, you want to try and find a way to get it done, not only for yourself but for your teammates. You want to be out there to get the win. ...

"You want to be able to go out there and do your job. Some people get nicked up, I never had a groin (injury) before. I didn't know if it was going to be limit me much, and it limited me a lot."

Gaither has proven he can play on a short practice week.

Last year, he signed with the Chargers and, a few days later, was stout when starting at left tackle. This season, he made his return from a back injury against the Chiefs despite just one full practice in a two-month span.

Kicker Nate Kaeding (groin) was the only other Chargers player to miss Thursday's practice, which was in shorts and shells. Running back Ryan Mathews (ankle) and right tackle Jeromey Clary (foot) practiced in full after resting Wednesday.

Wide receiver Eddie Royal (hamstring) was limited with soreness. Cornerback Shareece Wright (ankle), working for the second straight day, was also limited. Everyone else was a full participant.
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Mathews isn't worried

Chargers running back Ryan Mathews says he's completely fine after missing Wednesday's workout with an ankle injury. He also doesn't care who is named the starter or is listed first on the depth chart.

Jackie Battle has received those honors the past two games in what many believe to be Mathews' penance for a costly fumble Sept. 23 against Atlanta.

Mathews is expected to be the starter and receive the most touches Monday against Denver, but he isn't worried either way. That's especially true after the "reserve" had 139 yards and a touchdown on 18 touches.

"I'm starting to get my confidence back," said Mathews, "and I'm starting to get back in the groove. I missed some time and it took me a little bit to get there again, but I'm ready and as excited about the future as I've ever been.

"In terms of starting the first play, I don't think it matters. Everybody gets touches and everybody has a common goal, and that's to win."
  13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    No Katie Monday night! :D

I would like to see Royal play........:broncossuck:
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Like Meahem, you know Royal wants to make a splash against his former team.
  15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    Yes..... I hope he gets to do just that!
  16. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Now, I'm hearing that Norv is hedging on the Gaither being ready to play mantra. I wondered if a guy could bounced back from a groin injury that fast........ Nate certainly hasn't.

Royal didn't practice today, so there's some question about him be available too.
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    For Jack........ ;)

[​IMG]
  18. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    You ungrateful bastage...... What, the entertainment the night before wasn't enough ????
  19. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    I meant too Bucko....my bad.
  20. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Quite correct Ringo ....... That prick will never get an ounce of sympathy from me........ He can pretend all he wants he is sorry, doesn't count for jackshit with me and never will, he'll farg up again, bank on it.

The lowlife should never be allowed to own a pet of any description whatsoever, well maybe a mosquito on second thoughts.
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Well I have to play somebody, don't I ??????

The again, maybe you could beat me if I didn't start a QB for a week ??? :)
  22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Like a busy busy man like myself can spend time analysing the FF wasteland !!!!!
  23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    No word on Garay getting back into the fray....... odd. ;)

[​IMG]
  24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Rivers&Rapist oughta see me through okay. Need another RB though.
  25. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    They put him in today ;)
    On to the Tiggers.
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Dude thinks he's injured. Hanging out with Gaither too much obviously.
  27. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    If it wasn't for Cleveland, this would be a great week to take all home teams IMO.
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41

He's been 'spared" so to speak, hasn't he !!! ................ I guess you could say he's the forgotten man in the whole "Gaithers" situation.................. guess he isn't as important a player in the whole scheme of the 3/4 as many people would have us all believe !!!

What the farg does he have wrong with him anyway ??? .....I'd be LION if I said I knew, funny how some players you just seem to lose confidence in very very quickly, he definetely falls into that category with me.

YEP, if it wasn't for a certain CB, who at least has been able to get his arse on the field (unfortunately), this bloke would be leading the "Pooftah of the Year" by the length of the Del Mar straight.

Hits me as the type who's another one (of many) that has his priorities a little misplaced if I may say so.....................forget the fancy headjob/beard combo's big fella, been done before and by a far better player at his sport than yourself, no one gives a flying farg except the fool your paying OK, get that fat arse of yours out there and help this football team achieve something worthwhile.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    In another one of those perfect story's of .............."OH WOW, he wasn't quite the angel and good character guy he was made out to be" moments ................

How many times can this Chop Matt SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuHey-Romper Stomper-Russell Crowe type personality Thuggett, be allowed to roam the highways/streets of America, before he obviously becomes the pin-up boy for "Classic American Road Rage" ????

Ive already forgot how many "incidents" he's been involved in, in regards to cars, married women in cars, wrecks in cars etc, but its gotta be getting close to double figures, now he's making the papers for being a farg'dup landlord by witholding a security deposit of 100 G from a client ???

Is this guy the "full 2 Bob" or what ??? ..............$100,000 !!!! ....he'd have that in change in his console for farg sake, get a clue ya fool and pay up what you owe ......

OH ...................and how about you start living up to the hype of being a "monster ON the field" !!!! would probably make Detroit fans happier too. :rolleyes:
  30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    PFT apparently has your answer:

"Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham said Suh “had two of the best practices I’ve ever seen in my life” this week. Maybe what Suh really needed was an off-field incident to get him fired up and working hard on the field." :poop::rolleyes::cautious: