1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +978 / 2 / -2
    Well, we already have a shot at a decent LOT - of course, we need a GM that will draft one with the first choice - you know, one that isn't already damaged goods with a bad back... <grump>
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
    Jimmy Raye in 2013 ;)
  3. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
  4. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
    What can we do to increase AJ's odds? ;)
  5. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    Drive by hello sirs.............
  6. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Afternoon Farger's .......should be an earlier finish today, may even catch up with those that don't fall asleep before 8 with a little luck.

Talk later ya BobDoles.
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    I won 8, counting the SF/Rams as a loss, since I didn't pick a tie ;)
  8. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +344 / 11 / -6
    Come on Dave!

Those are GCG :D

good character guys
  9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Love the AJ hate Dave, keep it coming :)
  10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    So wait, even though the OL was better back then, they're not the reason PR was under the gun more? :confused:

I agree that LT took the pressure off, but let's face facts: Good OL vs Shite OL makes a difference in QB pressure.

Also, as I said early in this convo, pressure is one of the main reasons Rivers is crumbling. Simply didn't face this much pressure back then. Put it on the gameplan, the OL, etc, the man is getting more pressure than ever before and he can't handle it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    See, I told you to replace that LT fathead on the man cave at home with a life size pic of "Yours truly"

Those are in demand, I hear Obama has me up next Georgie W in the White House.

That would be Washington by the way ....... NOT Bush. ( although I have nothing against being next to Bush in most instances) ;)
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
    Rivers used to stand in until the last second and take shots in order to complete a pass....... now, he's prone to scrambling, even when the pressure isn't that great. I'd have to say that he looks a bit gun shy these days, which is odd, since his toughness was never in question before.
  13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    He started looking gun shy early last year when he started getting murdered. It was around that time that he looked injured.
    His first two years he was gun shy as well. Inexperience on one hand, too much experience (with a shite OL and no Super Bowl W) on the other.
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    YEP, a measly 8 wins for me also .....

I've been waiting for the "How about dem COWGAL'S" post by the way ....... Took ya long enough.

And yep, great win by the Saints, good pick, I nearly went there myself but pussy'd out at the last second....... They are looking pretty darn good again if you ask me.

Was shocked by the ease at which the Ravens won, also the Viks win was a hue surprise to me also, along with the Titans cleaning the Phins up at home like that....... Again demonstrates how open this season still is....still plenty of PrimmaDonna's masquerading as contenders at this stage.

And when did Big Ben go out ???....early I'm assuming for the Chiefs to get that close (I have at least 3 of those games on the IQ, now just gotta find the time to watch them)

Haven't read to much but it sounded like both Vick and Cuntler went down early and also Smith for the Niners........ Not sure if that had a big bearing on the results, but I'd have to think, particularly in the Tex/Bears game it would have, seeing as it was such a low scoring affair.
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

OUCH .......that gonna leave a mark..........how the Mighty have fallen.
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Believe we will be a HUGEEEEEEEEE chance to get into the Top 10 next April at the rate things are going.....
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Steelers Chiefs not a very good game (quality-wise, BB going down made it exciting though). Think he went out early in 3rd quarter. Not a lot of yards gained in that game.
    Cutler's hit didn't look THAT bad. He played a bit after but then they pulled him and now it's looking like he's going to miss at least another week.
  18. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Unless AJ's Gawnnnnnnn, I see absolutely NO Reason to believe this current FO would ........

Can anyone else see a reason now anymore than in the past to suggest we would ???
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Can't see AJ going back on Vasquez or Clary at this point, so wouldn't expect any early draft picks on that side.
    I could see him picking a LT early. But he'll choke and pick some guy who'll be injured more often than not.
    Early odds favor Brennan Williams :roflmao:
  20. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

SEE, I'm NOT sure why you would think anyone in the current administration would take a different tack than AJ has ????

Surely if Jimmy Raye is "all that and a bag of Chips" when it comes to evaluating players in the past, he'd have had a fair say in who we have drafted in the last 6 years, wouldn't you think ?

I would prefer we go the complete sweep, especially as far as the drafting hierarchy goes ........ And that's NOT gonna happen seeing as "Little Johnny" is always gonna have a say in the matter....... That alone leaves me with very little joy to think this team can ever get back to the top again.
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Well ofcourse he is under the gun MORE right now than he was back then, but its not ALL on them is what I'm saying ....... Fillup is playing like a total PrimmaDonna, who couldn't sink a ONE foot putt to save his life presently, I can't for the life of me blame any of his interceptions on the OLine, they were just piss-poor decisions on HIS behalf ....

I noticed you (or anyone else for that matter) didn't comment on my observation about his Pick 6 last weekend ...... So, was I incorrect about him leaving the pocket for NO REASON or not ?

No one here has been harsher in their critisism of our Olines performances going back years, than I have, but its time to realize that Fillup is more responsible for his current dilemma than anyone else, plain and simple.
  22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Well blow me down with a feather :eek: .........................finally someone who is seeing it for what it really is ...............and of all peeps its my long time adversary on nearly all-things-Chargers.

Maybe the World is about to end afterall ????
  23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
    I, for one, didn't have the stomach to rewatch any of that game....... I'll have to take your word for it. ;)
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Ummmm, there are such thing as "Highlights" you do realise ???????

I didnt see the entire game myself (1 and a half Qrts) ...................some of us HAVE to work for a living (doing a REAL job), remember ????? :D
  25. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
    You, and I, have a different idea of what constitutes a "highlight"...... obviously. ;)
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Well it was certainly a "Highlight" if your a FuccanEars fan. :)
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...=maing-grid7|maing9|dl6|sec3_lnk2&pLid=234785

Anyone need TWO guesses to put a name as to WHO this "Coward" may be ??? :D

and then just for shites & giggles, because God knows he hasn't been quoted enough since arriving in New York.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...y-jets-rex-ryan-twitter?modid=recommended_5_5

How this guy hasn't been beaten to within an inch of his miserable life by a teamate yet is beyond my comprehension.

C'mon Tebow, kick his arse and tell the world about it .......................God would be proud of you.

The Dirty Sanchez must have promised ScareCrow a threesome with his Missus for that lowlife to have said a nice word about him, imagine what he'd say if the guy actually won a game occasionally.
  28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Disagree. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously ****** in the head. But a good portion of the blame goes to the OL for getting him that way. How would you react with Harris and Clary responsible for your ***? Also Dave's right that Norv's playcalling has not protected Rivers much. Maybe time to run the ball more. **** it if Mathews puts it on the ground, we're losing anyway cause Rivers is tossing it to the other team.
  29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +344 / 11 / -6
    Miami @ Buffalo
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,773 / 47 / -26
    How's that Super Bowl prediction holding up? ;)