1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Not me ......................the "Once bitten........ Twice shy" rule came into effect about 5 years ago as far as I'm concerned.
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Well hell, that goes without saying, doesn't it ?

Was still impressive, whether I knew what the farg he was on about or not I thought. ;)
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Hey NOW !!!! .........................Garay is starting again, that at least gives us reason to watch and see what his Barber has come up with.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Thats pretty impressive then .................. how is he with Lottery numbers ???
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I was right then ............(oh shite, I just now noticed that my B.oner was filtered out in the original post....... bastards !!!)

Must have a few more feminine genes in him than most men I guess ..........probably NOT a good thing if your involved in politics I would imagine. :D
  6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    He's certainly got lower testosterone levels than either Nancy or Hillary. ;)
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    I think he's tired of being asked that already. ;)
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Those two "outswing" PUMPY in the hanging fruit department, don't they ???? ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Well, seems like I go into Sunday games with a 1/0 lead over both PUMP and RINGO after tipping the BILLS on Thursday night ...........

So lets see what we can come up with here ............

Cleveland @ Dallas*
    Jacksonville @ Houston
    NY Jets @ St. Louis
    Tampa Bay @ Carolina
    Arizona @ Atlanta
    Green Bay @ Detroit
    Philadelphia @ Washington
    Cincinnati @ Kansas City
    New Orleans @ Oakland
    Indianapolis @ New England
    San Diego* @ Denver
    Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
    Chicago @ San Francisco

***** Would have changed the last 2 if their QB's were fit .......but seeing as they aren't...... ;)
  10. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6
    RYAN MATHEWS :rolleyes:

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Has had his best three games rushing against the Broncos...... #itsafactjack
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Say what ???

OH, OK................lets go Ryno !!!! :tup:
  13. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Chargers vs. Broncos

DENVER — For the purpose of this reading, you must suspend the reality that recent results have presented, the actuality that there is very little chance the Chargers win Sunday.

The truth is we’ve been waiting too long already. Again and again, waiting for that once, waiting for the Chargers to show us they have the kind of mettle that finishes.

Atlanta. New Orleans. Denver. All confirmation of something we didn’t want to admit – that the Chargers simply don’t have “it.”

We thought they’d shown us they possessed resilience in Missouri back in September. Come to find out, though, the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs were created for the sole purpose of allowing other teams to feel better about themselves.

As it is, the Chargers have lost five straight games to teams not named the Chiefs.
    Now, in the thin air 5,280 feet above sea level, a fitting setting for a hacking last gasp, the Chargers have one more chance.

Today’s game against the Denver Broncos represents a three-game fluctuation in the standings and a potential seismic shift in momentum.

Put aside the above lamentation – that the Chargers have yet to show that they can win a game like this – and consider the ramifications.

The Broncos win and they have a three-game lead in the standings that is really four games because they will have swept the season series with the Chargers. With six games to play and Denver still with Kansas City on its schedule – twice – the Chargers will become an afterthought earlier than they have in a decade.

But the Chargers win and not only do they go home just one-game down in the AFC West but also still standing strong in the wild card race. And perhaps just as important, they will have not only halted their tumble but also slowed the Broncos’ ascension. They will have defied death in a way we haven't seen in years.

There have been more definitive games at the end of seasons. But pre-Thanksgiving there might never have been a bigger game for the Chargers.

Now, we interrupt this fantasy talk about possibilities to bring you a dose of reality:

Those of you watching simply for the hope that a loss will bring a Monday announcement that Norv Turner is no longer the head coach should probably find something else to do on Sunday. Every indication is that he isn’t going anywhere until the end of the season.

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled playoff prospects.

That’s usually the focus this time of year, anyway.

Not since 2003 have the Chargers been out of contention before the season’s final week. Hope may have been lost outside before Christmas the past two seasons, but the Chargers were very much alive until blowout losses at Cincinnati and Detroit, respectively, in Week 16.

But if the Chargers lose Sunday, go ahead and let the apathy wash over you. Turner being employed simply amounts to a stay of execution.

Yes, the Chargers have won three straight and five of their past six in Denver. None of those teams had Peyton Manning as quarterback. None of those teams had treated Philip Rivers like the Broncos have the past two meetings between the teams, both in San Diego.

“I think that this is the best team that’s played up there in quite some time and they’re one of the most complete teams when you look at them defensively and the way they rank in all categories," Turner said. "Offensively and the way that they’re performing, going out and scoring points, we’re going to have to play our best game by far.”

What makes us think they can do that? And what does that really mean? What, will they lead for 3½ quarters?

We’ll wait for one more game.
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Hey PUMP, finally "managed" the FF team this week ..........................makes it tough when both your QB's go down in the same week ..............:(

No mind, Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson shall rise above and lead me to victory, I shall not be denied.

....or sumptin like that !!! [​IMG]
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Oh my .......................NOT a good start at all to the day.

Up at 4.10am to prepare for the 5.00am starts...........................and Lo and Behold, the channel that televises the Football is showing the FARKING Davis Cup Tennis ...........................Spain vs Czech Republic too, if it wasnt already brain- numbing enough...............give me a FARKING break !!!!!!.....................who the FARK is up at this time of morning to watch that boring as watching skin regrow, bullshit ??? :eek:

FOX will be hearing from me later today.......MUDDAFARKERS !!!!! :mad:
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Watching the Rams/Jets game on the Poota .......

Been here for all of 2 minutes, seen ScareCro thrown at TWICE and beaten like a runaway Orphan ....TWICE.

To funny !!! :D

All day Bradford, go at him Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Day long. :tup:
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Dierdorf just said that Witten has "strong supple hands"........ :roflmao:
  18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    If any true statistician who is worth a lick, peddles expertise and hawks his wares in picking Lotto #s, run away from that person as fast and as far as possible ;)
  19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    Yet, he looked like an All-Pro compared to the wanker #20 who replaced him :rolleyes:
  20. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Looks like the COWGAL'S had a great first half for you PUMP ........ Hehehehehehe :)
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Lets no go overboard mate ...... The day that piece of dogshit looks anything like an "all pro", is the day I find something else to watch and do with my life.
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Made this very mocha chocolate cake yesterday........ delicious. :)

[​IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    I always knew you'd make a lovely housewife, for yourself :roflmao:
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    A little bit of hyperbole never hurt anyone :p
  25. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    It was for my brother's birthday, actually........ I appreciate the sentiment though. ;)
  26. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Thanks for the reminder to take my Type II meds. :(:oops:
  27. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    The Boyz just got Hochulieeeed big time. Grabbing the hair (dreads) is legal - but the zebras made a "judgement call" that it had to be a horsecollar - next play = TD against Jerry's BOHICA Boyz.

CLE - 20
    Boyz - 17

1:07 left on the clock.
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    I didn't know a photo of sweets could have that effect. ;)
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    C'mon BROWNIES ...... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, hang on ya bastards, hang on. :rotflmao:
  30. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Oh, I still eat 'em, that's why I have to remember to take the fargin pills. :D There is a donut setting on the coffee table waiting for me to ravage it as I type. :cool:

Gametime.