1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    There's that "marvelous D of ours" at work again........

So, who's next up for the DC job ??????..........that fargin' office needs a revolving door installed in it for Shizzle.
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    I think that actually flatters us to be honest ....... She's a "double digit loss season", you can bank of that Fo shizzle Dawg. ;)
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.......cheers !!!!!
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    DAVE, to have even let them get CLOSE to the mark is what we should be discussing......... A retarded, blind Pee Wee coach could stop a team from making a 4th and 29 for farg sake.
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    Thank The Lordyyyyyyyy for the invention of the Interwebby, right Poofessoria ? ;)
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    Winners always tend to make their own luck I've found BLEW ..... :)

Losers will almost always look for excuses....... Just the way of the world.
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42

OK....

Well I guess it's on to ...... What's for dinner folks ???
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42

Geeez us Krist !!!!!!.......and I thought I was clueless, that's what ????....twice in 3 weeks now !

Listen, there's NO shame in getting a lesson in Pick 'em 101 from the Jackmeister mate....... Just grow a set and "look & learn", easy peasy..... ;)
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    The Lions led for the entire game if my memory serves me correctly ......... Did the Chargers ???
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    By the sounds of things, Fillup is lucky most of our crowd has already left for the day when he walks down the tunnel, or I could see someone taking a whizz on his head. ( fair chance it's Kimmy Novak too)
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    I was gonna say .......What about the Concmeister ????

There's your ENTIRE OLine taken care of ...... :)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    I'm totally impressed we got within Coooooooooo....Eeeeeeeeeeeee of the bastards to be honest.

At this stage Ill take an "honorable loss" ....... Even if I don't even believe there is such a thing ...... ;)
  13. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    Read the other day that life should be like hockey, if somebody pisses you off - you just beat the **** out of them then go set in the penalty box for 5 minutes.

I think we are seeing hints that FC wasn't always the one in the penalty box. <runs>
  14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +341 / 11 / -6
    There you go! QFT
  15. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    I actually was referring to the hit on Weddle - Hank Bauer said it was "a legal hit" - I disagree and damn well expect to see Bolden get a major fine from the NFL come Tuesday. Nobody seems to be talking about that part - everybody is focused on the re-spot of the ball.

On local TV, Weddle gave a little post-game interview to one of the reporters in the locker room and seemed to be making good sense - hopefully his concussion wasn't too bad.
  16. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    Gee, the girlz over at UT-SD are piling on - should we be considering a NN award for them?

1. Canepa Report Card: 3 Fs, including coach
    2. Ravens beat Chargers in OT, quarter by quarter Page 1 of 2
    3. Chargers locker room 'distraught' after loss Page 1 of 2
    4. Acee: The opposite of winners is what the Chargers are Page 1 of 2
    5. Canepa: Chargers can't help being the Chargers Page 1 of 2
    Naaw - its to be expected. ;)

I did have to grin at this one from Canapeas:
    Secondary _ F. You allow a team to convert a 4th and 29 play with a win in sight — on a dump off, no less — you’re not getting invited to the White House.
  17. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +341 / 11 / -6
    I have watched it a few times......... I'll be surprised if a fine is issued......looked ok to me!

I also think Rice got to the marker......
  18. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    Oh for sure Dave, that boy got sconed by more than a few pucks in his day I bet .......................... and lets not forget, that would have been before the helmet become mandatory, so that cranium of his has a few dents for certain. ;)
  19. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    Havent had the chance to watch any of the game from yesty yet, another 13 hour day just meanderd by..................will have to go watch the "lowlights" tonight when I get a minute.

Turdle seemed to think it was also a "legit hit" by Bolden, so I'll be interested to take a look myself.

Have seen Weddle in his career get to "front on" when making tackles and thus get "trucked" on those occasions, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if he just got the angle wrong again and paid for it with a jolt to the scone...............lets hope the "Tweey Birds" have stopped circling at least.
  20. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42

I'd pay that one ...... :tup:
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +798 / 54 / -42
    WELL FARG !!!!!

Whats RINGO gonna have to bitch about if thats the case ???? :D
  22. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,758 / 47 / -26
    I was referring to our in-game injuries. Take that 4th and 29 play. Who failed to catch Rice in the middle of the field where he should've been stopped? It was two older slow ILBs....... Spikes and Williams.

Now, look who went out of the game before that play....... Butler, Gachkar, Bigby, and Weddle. Anyone of those guys would've had a better spot at getting a hold of Rice and preventing that 4th down conversion. I'd go as far to say that if Butler was in the game, that ridiculous play would never have happened.
  23. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    The way he was hit was more blindside Jack - you will see it - no flag despite the rule book:
    ----------
    Per the 2012 NFL Rulebook:

Article 7: Players in a Defenseless Posture. It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:

(8) A player who receives a “blindside” block when the blocker is moving toward or parallel to his own end line and approaches the opponent from behind or from the side
    ----------

When you see the game, and SEE this block by Boldin, you tell me if it doesn't serve as the definition of this rule. He is moving toward his end line and approaches Weddle from behind. Not sure how much clearer of an infraction that could actually be. But its "only" the Chargers so maybe no fine will be forthcoming. <spit> (Or maybe I'm "just a fan" and cannot properly understand what I read in black and white)...

I'm not the only one ranting about that rule seemingly only being enforced against defensive players and fargin rarely against offensive players not named Heinz Ward. <spit>

~~~

Weddle was a bit kinder after the game:

“I saw the replay. He got me in the backside. I was getting ready to tackle (Rice) when he got me in the back. Obviously, if you get hit like that, it's a block in the back, but they didn't call it.”
  24. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    I agree regarding the attrition Blue, hell, Gach normally has great wheels and would probably have also stopped Rice on that one had he not been injured too. Until he also had to go out I thought he was doing a damn good job in there for a fargin 3rd stringer/special teamer. ;)

I just got back in from dropping off Heidi's car (check engine light and naturally its time to get it smogged again). If you haven't discovered them, I can sure vouch for San Carlos Auto Service over on Lake Murray close to Navajo. Bunch of "Grumpy old Men" (read my kind) but they sure do good work.
  25. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    More positive spin on the loss Sunday, (aside from the obvious one of moving up the draft board another spot), *finally* Norv is going to be forced to give a couple of young'uns some playing time rather than collecting splinters on the bench:

Jonas Mouton, Brandon Taylor likely to debut

by Gehiccup - UT

A pair of highly drafted Chargers defenders may soon make their NFL debuts.

Inside linebacker Jonas Mouton, a 2011 second-round pick, and safety Brandon Taylor, a rookie third-round choice, are expected to be active Sunday against the Browns. San Diego was hit hard by injuries Sunday when nine players, included seven on defense, were reported as having suffered ailments in a loss to the Ravens.

The team is preparing to be without inside linebacker Donald Butler on Sunday.

He exited the game late in the second quarter with a groin injury, re-entered for the start of the third quarter but, after one play, was then sidelined for good. Butler has 71 tackles, third most on the team, with two forced fumble and an interception returned for a touchdown.

Mouton, 24, spent his college career at Michigan. He missed his entire rookie season with a shoulder injury and struggled in training camp, specifically with his responsibilities in pass coverage.

He's been inactive all season with the Chargers dressing as many as five outside linebackers a game. Andrew Gachkar has served as the team's fourth inside linebacker for his special teams ability.

Safeties Eric Weddle (concussion), Atari Bigby (groin) and Darrell Stuckey (hamstring) all exited the game early.

Taylor may see a defensive role while being active on special teams, an area in which he was one of the Chargers' most highly graded players in April when coming out of LSU.

Weddle left the game in the fourth quarter when Ravens wide receiver Anquan Boldin blocked him during a fourth-and-29 conversion. There was no flag on the play.

Coach Norv Turner said Monday he visited Weddle, who "felt pretty good" and was "very positive."

Players were off Monday. The team will have its first practice of the week Wednesday.
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Game suspensions actually ;)
  27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    That I can't argue with...
  28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    I'm not the one bitching about the refs this week ya Lion homer ;)
  29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    borderline, overtime, game changing play = no call.
  30. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Gach had some good plays but some blown coverage too (see Ravens TD). Looked like a typical Charger to me: inconsistent.