1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    So what ???

Thats no longer "COOL" ????

yet neck tattoo's on 40 year old + women are perfectly acceptable ?

OK, Im back up to speed now, Cool !!!!

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I couldnt see him giving Eva Braun a hit-out at this stage .........

Gotta rest that back remember. ;)

3. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    Just a yard??? Lets keep it real Jacko!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    Game notes
    San Diego is 21-23 since its last playoff appearance, a home loss to the New York Jets following the 2009 season. ... Bengals CB Dre Kirkpatrick sustained a concussion in the fourth quarter. ... Chargers RT Jeromey Clary had a knee injury in the first quarter and didn't return. ... Gates hasn't caught a TD pass in three straight games and remains one shy of tying Lance Alworth's team career record of 81. ... Williams also returned an interception for a touchdown in the Chargers' last win, 31-13 against Kansas City at home on Nov. 1. ... Robert Meachem, who was expected to help replace Vincent Jackson in the Chargers' offense, had zero passes thrown to him for the second straight week. It was his fifth game without a catch. ... The Chargers have been blacked out in Southern California for the second straight week and third time this season.

5. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -0
    Let's make sure Norv gets this. If we're lucky, he'll do a header out a tall window after seeing the epic fail he truly is.

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Oh Okie, he already saw this years ago! This guy Norf despite being a consummate loser, has had the most charmed life in the NFL's coaching carousel since he is a complete supplicating "Yes Man" and he'll wear both the HC & the OC's caps for a substantial discount. Those who have backbones and stand up for their beliefs/philosophy will get fired, those who don't just earn their paycheck till the :poop: hits the fan(s), both literally and figuratively speaking :laugh:

Believe me when I say that Norf is also looking forward to Dec 30th, when the Raiders hand him his final defeat of his HC'ing career (ironic that the Raiders will be the ones who will seal his pink slip, eh?!) and on 12/31 he'll be celebrating his final Chargers paycheck after being AJ & the Deaner's subservient mule for so many wasted seasons.

Farg 'em all... I sayz ;)

7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    If you cannot win in the trenches you cannot expect to win football games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    For once, I actually agree with Nick...... ;)

Coach Norv Turner, who has gone past beleaguered to bothered and bewildered, all but admitted it’s basically become impossible for his team to win. Go ahead and blame Norv for Superstorm Sandy, but I thought he coached his brains out Sunday.

I thought he did everything he could to win the game. I believe he out-coached Marvin Lewis. But in a game of chess you still need all your pieces for checkmate. And Norv is missing too many - so many it all but appears hopeless.

His quarterback, Philip Rivers, is playing in a foxhole with no protection.

The offensive line has been drawn, quartered and halved. He went into this one (as he has in most) without starting tackle Jared Gaither. His replacement, Mike Harris, obviously isn’t as good. Early in Sunday’s game, right tackle Jeromey Clary went out with a knee injury. He was replaced by another free agent, Kevin Haslam, who a month ago was on the practice squad. Left guard Tyronne Green, who has been battling a hamstring injury, tried to go but couldn’t. He was replaced by Rex Hadnot.

That meant Norv was operating with just two starting offensive linemen, center Nick Hardwick and guard Louis Vasquez. You can’t win this way. Norv likes to run. He couldn’t run. Tailback Ryan Mathews carried nine times for 26 yards. Rivers, who is scheduled to meet Continental Drift in a match race at Del Mar next summer, gained just six fewer yards.

“Well, we struggled to run the ball today against that front,” Turner would say, and he was right in that Cincinnati has a very stout front four.

In short, Norv can’t coach football the way he wants to coach football. Without an offensive line, you’re a bull without horns and reproductive organs. When given an instant of time, Rivers was rock solid, although the weakness of his line kept him from throwing the long ball. He was sacked four times and fumbled once. His interception was a desperate throw into the end zone that finished the game.

9. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    Ayup - we said the same thing but he must get paid by the word. ;)

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    REPORT: The Chargers will sign 3 new O-linemen this week..... at this point, they have no idea who there are. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    [​IMG]o

OR

[​IMG]

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Now is the time for Jimmy Raye to show his genius. ;)

13. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    Too late Pumpy - they are already taken by the Cardinals this year... :confused:

14. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    "There's no need to fear, Underdog is here"!

Snippet from local observations on Bob Filner's 15 min inauguration speech as Mayor of the city of San Diego:

He also said he would "push to equip municipal buildings with solar panels, increase port business and jobs, collaborate with Mexico and keep the Chargers in San Diego". He did not mention details on the latter issue. :cautious::cautious::cautious:

...and if you can believe that part about the Chargers, I've got a great big bridge between his office and Coronado for sale - cheap. :rolleyes:

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Don't people want a solid winning organization though? I can't image other cities are clamoring for the misery that Chargers fans are experiencing.

16. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    I guess you haven't got the Memo about anything from San Diego has to be soft - we are all just a bunch of layed-back surf bums and its all the fan base's fault? (No, wait, that was from a Jets fan after our playoff loss to them). ;)

~~~

Meanwhile, back on the nO-line:

Marty Caswell@MartyCaswell
    I think Tony Moll was tending bar when the Chargers signed him last year. May need to call him. Steve Schilling as well. Anybody?

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    The real question is whether we'll win another game this year....... what are the Vegas odds, I wonder. ;)

18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    As far back a 3 weeks ago, I called the season 4-12 and I'm sticking with that call. Too bad we won't finish in the cellar as we (somehow) beat the Chefs twice :confused: (Yes, I'm also calling for the Chefs to also finish 4-12)

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    That's a very real possibility.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Ok, so I lied a little ..............I'd eat any part of her on offer...... and certain parts TWICE.

21. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    Don't you feel better now! :D

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    YEP ..............................the time is now for a total clean out.

Enough of this wimpy firing the DC scapegoat shite, lets get the industrial strength Draino out and clean the pipes out properly for a change.

Oh, Deaners still in charge you say, well forget that idea then ..... [​IMG]

No probs, he'll PICK another winner fo' shizzle ......

[​IMG]

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    What the Frig are you still doing up at this time of morning ?????

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I thought "we" said that 4 years ago ??? (you know, back when a few certain fans who shall remain nameless, were of the opinon that duds like Owwwie Castillo, Haircut 100 Garay, Jumpy Jerome, Vaseline and a few others like Dumbo and fellow dud's, were up-and-comers with game ? ...... :rolleyes: )

YEP, "we" sure as hell DID !!!! ;)

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Nah PUMP...........................all those above would be asking to much ............

Whereas, these blokes will play for peanuts, which is just fine by The Deaner and more in line with his way of building a "Winner".

[​IMG]

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Pffffft, why you are so high on this guy is beyond me ................ if he hasnt been involved in past drafting, what exactly has his role been all these years ?????

What makes you think just because his job title changes, he'll become better at his job than he has shown the past 8 years ???

I'd suggest that after spending so much time under the likes of AJ and Nix, he's fargin' brain dead ........................move him on too I say, he's had more than enough time to show his wares and Ill be damned if I see anything around these days that makes me think he's a drafting guru.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Typical politician bullshit speak for ............. " I'm IN !!!!!! .................now try getting me OUT suckers" ;)

Chargers STILL go sometime in the near future I say ............... wouldnt trust a word this guy says anymore than I would Spanos.

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Ohhh Puuuuhhhhlease BLEW .............. having lived in St Louis when the Rams first moved there and seeing what a fargin joke of a team for years that was, trust me, ANY City in the Country will take ANY NFL on offer, regardless of how much of a rabble they are.

For many NFL fans, the results are inconsequencial at the start, the simple fact they now have a TEAM IN TOWN to call their own is more than enough to satisfy the average NFL-hungry Nuff-Nuff !!!

I'm personally liking the sound of the Sth Dakota Chargers myself, has quite a nice ring to it.

Do they have electricity in South Dakota by the way ?

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Well, you nearly did it Ol' Boy.................

I make it 8 / 8 again for me (talk about being on a bad roll....:unsure:) and under normal circumstances, you'd have got 9 / 7......

BUT !!!!!! ...............

I cannot take you seriously picking against the Chargers after just 3 weeks ago saying ...... "I ALWAYS pick the Chargers" and then doing your infamous "Flip-Flop" routine, yet again, so therefore I am going to adjudge you to have an 8 / 8 scoreline also, based upon rule 69, subsection 44D in the Dummy for Pick em's handbook, of the following violation .......... vile indecretions against the intregity of Football Pick em's 101.

I think thats the only fair and just way to do this ...... :D

And as for Ringo, well he gets a 2 / 16 .......................hell, he picked his 5 minutes after the week before's games I believe and I'll be damned if I'm going back to find them. ;)

30. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -0
    When you drop 30-40 IQ points, you start to see AJ's logic....

Trent Dilfer owns a SB ring.... Because of defense. Rivers>>>>Dilfer. So, doing the math, Tampa's SB defense only has to be at best >>, maybe >>> better than ours. Add a couple top picks, hit the FA market, then I'm no longer Lord Of No Rings bishes!

The problem with AJ's logic is that Dilfer's line didn't act as his pallbearers too. How you lose two pro bowl linemen in one offseason and don't draft replacements just makes Millen look like a genius. How you don't see Clary is nothing more than a decent backup, I have no clue. I'm sure even Shammy sees that now. Apparently all the Vagisil in the training room was stolen by Buster Davis when he was released, so now they can't treat Gaither. Vasquez couldn't block has *** in a gay pride parade. Besides Hardwick, all I can say for the rest of the line is "WHO?????" Apparently Golden Corral out in San Diego has gone vegan.

I agree, Norv coached this game about as well as he could have. That being said, even Forrest Gump could tell you can't run with this line. And with all the stupid mistakes, pathetic playcalling, and mismanaged time in previous games, I still say fire his sorry ***. He's about as worthless as Paris Hilton's brain.