1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    HELP who exactly ????

Pitt !!!.......yep, I can agree with that. ;)
  2. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +326 / 11 / -6
    I can see it! :D
  3. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +326 / 11 / -6
    Donks
    Falcons
    Bears
    Skins
    Bucs
    Steelers
    Bengals
    Colts
    Jets
    Bills
    Browns
    Niners
    G-men
    Hags
    Pack
    Texans
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Oh no, I hear ya, but again, you're far more accepting it seems of the story's that guys like Acee and so forth, come out with, personally, I very rarely ever believe those "fluff pieces" they tend to write, have mentioned it many times before that these guys have a job to do at the end of the day and seeing as they are kind of obligated to appear to be "rooting for the hometown", they wouldn't have a job for long if all they wrote were honest opinion pieces every week, plus they'd alienate the players and staff in no time, thus making their own job life miserable.

That's why I'm always very skeptical of what the media has to say, unless its a pice on say what we've just seen with Lance Armstrong or involves writers who DON'T have a direct affiliation with a local team........ Then those I are far more likely to believe, simply because, they aren't trying to keep their inside contacts so to speak.

We've just had a women journo down here write a piece where she has publicly NAMED one of the most well known and respected footballers in the game, saying he is a well known user of recreational drugs during the off-season ....... People have gone berserk accusing her of having no proof and slandering a Mans reputation.

Personally, I bet she's 100% on the money, this woman didn't come down in the last shower and Ill be damned if she would put her entire journalistic career at risk to write such an article if she couldn't back it up with some damn strong evidence.

She's just sitting back and taking it all in .......... Her time will come though I suspect, when she'll be able to sit back and laugh at those who are mocking her now, with a ......."so who's laughing now ?"

Just like the past when the likes of McGuire and Sosa and Clemons and ARod and the list goes on and on, the truth will always come out in the end ........ Just because these so called drug tests don't always reveal the positive test they should, doesn't mean for one second these bastards aren't using ......simply means they are ahead of the agencies as far as masking agents go and anyone who doubts that is so naive it isn't funny.

If the entire Armstrong situation doesn't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt, then you simply DON'T want to know the truth.
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Well your the ONLY ONE, can bank on that.... :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Yep, it's way past being a coinky dink I'm afraid......... Shite football culture and knowledgable football brains, breeds mediocre and eventually,losing football teams, who always manage to fall short of expectations.

In other words ...... The San Diego Chargers to a tee.
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Oh, before I forget ......

First read this article in OUR papers down here ......

So Nick Lachey gets ejected from the Murph for fighting with a Chargers fan at last weeks game ??????

Seriously, what Charger fan would ever want to show their face in public again after that embarrassment of copping a beat down from a guy who is famous for being in a BOY BAND (apparently !!!!)

Now that right there is the epitome of utter shame.
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Sometimes, Jack....... you're full of :poop:.

Not everything Acee writes is a "fluff" piece, or some cheerleading crap. Sometimes, he's just commenting on what he knows about the goings on in Chargers park. The comments about Jimmy Raye were of that type. It wasn't even a piece about Raye, but a comment in a larger piece about the front office.

At least Acee has some access to allow him to hear what Raye's actual job responsibilities are...... that's a damn sight more than either you, or I, would know. The fact that Raye interviewed for the Bears GM spot last year shows that he's well regarded in the league.

What any of this has to do with drug use by athletes is beyond me. You do go off on some ridiculous tangents, you shriveled old fossil. :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +956 / 2 / -2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Would it matter if he came back....... or even Vincent Jackson at this point? ;)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Report: Spanos will fire both Smith and Turner
    Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2012, 5:34 PM EST
    For months, if not years, it seemed like the A.J. Smith/Norv Turner situation was an either/or for the Chargers.
    It appears it’s going to be both.
    According to Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego, the decision has already been made by Chargers owner Dean Spanos to fire both his general manager and head coach.
    Sources told Acee that Spanos decided on Turner’s fate “at least a month ago,” but has only recently “resigned himself to the fact that Smith can’t be kept in the current environment of plummeting performance and fan unrest.”
    The fact he hasn’t done so yet is more of a preference to wait until the end of the season rather than an acknowledgement the Chargers still have a chance.
    Acee reports that director of player personnel Jimmy Raye is the apparent replacement for Smith, while Turner’s replacement isn’t known yet.
    The Chargers will owe Smith $4 million for his remaining two years and Turner $3 million for the final year of his contract.
    Smith joined the team in 2002, Turner in 2007.
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Michael Gehlken@UTgehlken
    Darrell Stuckey (hamstring) returned to practice today and was full participant. Otherwise, no changes from Wednesday's injury report.
  13. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +956 / 2 / -2
    Ah yes, and the "story" gets repeated.

I guess the U-T ticked off Dean enough to release this statement:

“There is only one person in this organization who will make those decisions and that’s me, and I haven’t shared my thoughts with anyone. I will make my evaluations at the end of the season. Anything coming out now – from sources or otherwise – is pure speculation.”

Acehole and the rest with their "sources said" crap are, in other words, liars from their birth. :D:p:tdown::cool:
  14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +326 / 11 / -6
    They did a report on NFL Network with that statement a bit ago!
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    The classic non-denial denial.

Dean never said that they won't both get fired, or Jimmy Raye won't get hired as GM. As for "not sharing his thoughts with anyone"...... I call BS. I'm sure his sons, at least, know full well what he's thinking.
  16. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +956 / 2 / -2
    Never have enjoyed the "waiting for the next shoe to fall" crappola - normally can't stay interested long enough to worry about it. ;)

Sheesh, remember all of the speculation and he said/she said when they went through the post-Marty interview process - only to have it turn out to be Norv Turner? <spit>

I'll just wait and see how it all turns out - slowly but surely getting disconnected until the East/West Shrine game and Senior Bowl. :rolleyes:
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Deano just has to tell little John to zip it in the future. ;)
  18. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +956 / 2 / -2
    There went his seat at the "big peoples" dinner table eh?

OBTW, Mortensen and others were also quoting un-named "sources" before Acehole, so Pumpy is right about that part - doesn't change Deano calling them all a pack of liars because *he* hasn't told *anybody*.

Bridge for sale! Big old bridge for sale! CHEAP! :cool:

This won't hurt.
    I won't ___ in your mouth.
    The check is in the mail.
    I'm not moving the team.
    I ain't told nobody yet.
    :sleep::sleep::sleep::whistling::sleep::sleep::sleep:
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Spanos denies report that Smith and Turner will be fired*
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2012, 7:04 PM EST
    In response to the report from Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego that Chargers coach Norv Turner and G.M. A.J. Smith will get the boot, the man who would do the booting says the boot has not yet been broken out.
    The Chargers have issued a statement from owner Dean Spanos denying the report.
    “There is only one person in this organization who will make those decisions and that’s me, and I haven’t shared my thoughts with anyone,” Spanos says. “I will make my evaluations at the end of the season. Anything coming out now — from sources or otherwise — is pure speculation.”
    In response to the response to his report, Acee has expressed skepticism, Twitter style: “Do I really need to say don’t put much stock in Dean Spanos’ statement about no decisions having been made/him not sharing his thoughts?”
    No, you don’t. Smith already has made it clear that, if the team doesn’t make it to the playoffs, it will be time for a “new era in Chargers football.” Spanos said nothing at the time to correct the record. It’s now too late to put the termination notices back in the tube.

*Actually, no he didn't deny Smith and Turner would be fired.
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Kevin and Nick are doing their best to suggest that Raye would make different draft decisions than AJ.......

Spanos will be taking a risk here -- especially firing Smith -- but it’s going to be one very popular risk. It could be lessened if, as expected, current Director of Player Personnel Jimmy Raye takes over for Smith. It certainly would make the transition smoother.

The only question in this regard is how long the capable Raye will serve as GM. It was widely believed that, when Smith’s contract expired following the 2014 season, Dean’s son John, currently the team’s director of college scouting, would take over football operations. John has worked long hours learning the trade.

It's been said Raye and Smith often have had their differences in regard to personnel, but this is nothing new in the NFL, nor is it novel here. Smith came to San Diego from Buffalo as assistant to late G.M. John Butler in 2001. Butler was Smith’s great friend, but Smith has told me on more than one occasion there were times their disagreements would be so strong they wouldn’t speak to one another for days.
  21. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +956 / 2 / -2

(My answer to their unanswered questions about "why not now" - its the Christmas season)...
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Getting fired doesn't hurt so much when you're still going to get paid the rest of your contract....... #imjustsaying ;)
  23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    It'd be wise to axe AJ now. Let next GM grab the reins asap to prepare for draft.
    Whether Norv gets fired now or after season doesn't matter except to make fans happy. They still won't buy tickets though.
  24. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +956 / 2 / -2
    ...and there ya go. Never worked under a "guaranteed contract" after I retired from the Navy - later on never offered one either. ;)
  25. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +242 / 16 / -2
    The operative word in your statement is "wise". Whatever the logic as far as the Deaner is concerned about keeping AJ till the season's end, clearly contradicts with your choice word. Maybe there's something in AJ's contact which makes that move prohibitively unwi$e ;)
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Doubt it, they've gotta pay him for 2 more years anyway.
    As far as Deaner being logical...
    :confused:
  27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
  28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +242 / 16 / -2
    Furthermore, if the FO (John Spanos ;) ) has decided to go for a higher position at the expense of less W's, it was not such a bad thing to stir up some sheet as this instability will ensure more L's added to our already illustrious season.

Now we know that the Spanos's are tight wads so unless there's a coveted player projected in the top spots to pick, where they are heading toward, it will not be a terrible thing (ala Billie The Hoodie) to trade down for extra 1st & 2nd round picks since this team is in such dire need of so many neglected/unpanned key positions.

One thing which concerns me about Jimmy Raye is that since it is a FO continuity sorta afair, we will not land a big name HC. If so, I think that JR and the loyal cabal at the the Chargers FO will be HC hunting at the college ranks or some coordinator level coach.

Then again according to Blew Balls (via a vis Anderson Acee) JR has quite a flair for picking diamonds in the rough. If nothing else, this offseason will be a very interesting offseason whilst Blew Balls battles the Sydneyderella from down under :roflmao:
  29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +242 / 16 / -2
    I know that but perhaps some clause that AJ could not be fired midseason. After all, John Wayne never died in the middle of any movie and if his character died at all, it was only at the end ;)
  30. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Possibly in there. If so, Deaner logic is rife. Hard to imagine even Dean would accept that kind of clause.
    But he WAS in love with AJ...