1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +211 / 14 / -2
    I believe you just may have insinuated that he (The Dean) was a power bottom? :roflmao:
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Think whatever you like BLEW, of little consequence to me, my skin is thick enough to have taken all the crap, you and many many others have dealt over the years, no backward steps here Brudder.

By the way, how much of that crap that I'm full of, has reached fruition by the way, compared with statements made by others to the cpmplete opposite opinion ???

Yeah, just as I thought ..... ;)

- Said Marty would NEVER win a Superbowl..... Check
    - Hated the appointment of Turner, had never shown any ability to succeed as a HC and never will ...... Check
    - made the comment and was universally derided at the time that Merriman was FINISHED as far back as 07 ....... Check
    - said LT was DONE after 3 games into the 08 season after injuring his knee in the 07 playoffs, again, was told bullshit ........ Check.
    - Commented that ScareCro a pussy and oxygen thief well before anyone here was willing to agree ......Check
    - questioned every one of AJs #1 picks at the time, all I ever heard from most was ...... "Give them time Jack"...... Yeah right, how'd that turn out in hindsight ? ........check

So many others I've lost count, be it a call on anyone from Hester to Clary to Marshmellow Man or AJ's ridiculous contract extensions to absolute bums, to retaining a bunch of hack medics and conditioning staff year after year, that could treat a broken fingernail properly, let alone "real football injuries"........ all were proven beyond doubt a few to many years after-the-fact and have lead us to where we sit today.

Call me full of shite all you like mate, but you know as well as I do, I haven't got to many things wrong over the years and I really couldn't give a rats toss bag if peeps get offended at my opinions, no ones asking you to agree or like them, but you can at least Man-up to the fact that they have eventuated, far moreso than not over the past 7 years, whether you care to acknowledge it is entirely up to you mate.

And unlike many in the past and nowadays, you'll very rarely see me sit on the fence over any issue, again unlike many who would rather take the easy approach of ......"oh, let's just wait and see" approach.......

It's that exact type of thinking by a pissweak, spineless ownership that has put this team in the position it is currently and will continue too until the day they finally relinquish those ownership rights, so I wouldn't be holding my breath hoping for any quick turn-arounds in the near future, because it simply isn't going to happen ......Spanos has assured us of that.

You can remember this post if you like and we can discuss it at length in 5 years from now and see how far off the mark I am as far as Spanos goes mate..... ;)

OK, now for my "actual take" on the "other news of the day"

P.s......your NOT gonna like it either, so maybe it's time for that "ignore button" to get some use mate ??? :)
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    You've come around nicely of late Dave, now you're getting it ...welcome to the club.
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    So can someone tell me why I feel absolutely NO JOY whatsoever in reading this story today ?????

If you'd have asked me 2 years ago what this sort of headline would have meant, I'd be jumping around like a spastic on speed.....

But alas, the hole is soooooooooo much deeper because of those 2 years, that today's (presumed) firings, rate nothing more than a passing ..."Meh" from me I'm afraid.

Damage is wayyyyyyyyy past DONE and the talent pool has dried up to nothing but a trickle, if that these days.

Fillup ? .....can't ever see him returning to the form of 2010 and earIier, looks a mere shadow of the player I once knew, in both physical and mental capabilities........such a shame, was a very very special talent too and I so did enjoy wathing him play this game.

Gatesy ? .... Heart as big as the Murph, wouldn't know how not to give it his all........but his days are numbered (well, in San Diego at least) ........is he capable of doing a Tony Gonzales and reinventing himself at another club ? ....... For his sake, would love to see it, players of his talent come along only a few times in a lifetime and I'd be more than happy to watch him still light up Defenses around the NFL.

As for anyone else on this team !!!!! ........MEH !!!!!........what's the word ? .....oh yeah, MEDIOCRE, just how Spanos likes them.
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    I said you were "sometimes" full of :poop:....... not all the time.

Surely, even you, can agree on that point. ;)
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Darren McFadden re-injures ankle in loss to Broncos

Mathews has some competition in the division at last. ;)
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
  8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    More disinterested than anything else Jack. Am at that point where I just want to get this season over and done with - then toss the 2012 calendar in the trash. I can honestly say, I haven't experienced this feeling since the end of the 2000 season - and not so ready to see a head coach go since Mike Riley, (who also lost the team - worse than Norv IMO). Back then, even with LT taking rook of the year in 2001, it took until the middle of the 2004 to get the bad taste out of my mouth and start seeing a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm still here - but I AIN'T happy. ;)

Did you watch the zebras hose the faiders time after time tonight? It ain't fair, but after all - it was the faiders. Apparently its OK to slap Palmer's helmet or grab it. OK to hold to protect paid-a-ton all night. Officiating is fargin broken too - and I don't see it getting fixed soon either. Middle of the 3rd quarter before the Donks finally drew a penalty - and their O-lineman had to completely jump over the line of scrimmage to get it. <spit>
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Oh DAMN !!!!!....................you seriously believed he was coming back in the 12/13 season ???

...and just when I'd congratulated you for "turning the corner" too Dave ...... Ooops, my bad !!! :whistling:
  10. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Hmmmm.... I oughta let that pass just because I'm pissed off - but Jack there is a ****-load of schoolkids here in San Diego county that would disagree. The Chargers benevolence to them and contributions to help improve/keep sports in our schools have really been something, even this year with everything going to hell in a hand basket with the team on the field - off the field it has been a different story. Acehole doesn't report on that stuff much though. Think "one saving Grace" if you must. ;)

I could dig you up some links to those that DO report it, if I wasn't such a lazy, pissed off, old bastage tonight. :)
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

Ohhhhhhhh, I see !!!

Any chance you could elaborate on "where and when" that sometimes occurs at least ???

As for the "other athletes and drugs", I was simply using that analogy as an example of how sometimes (thers that word again !!!!) they DO get a story correct and light the fire necessary to expose the "real truth", as was the case with all those examples I used ............. hell, as obviously guilty as Armstrong is, there are still a shitload of imbecilies out there, willing to give this fargin' criminal as PASS, simply because they say his "good deeds" outweigh the bad ????

Now theres some fargin brilliant 21 st century logic if ever Ive heard some ..................... yeah, lets just overlook the fact the guy was a complete charlateen/embezzler/hustler/bully/cheat/thief, because he put his name to a cause that raises $$$$$$$$'s for a good and honest insidious disease ...........

Well SHITE, if thats all it takes to earn millions into one's bank account, where do I sign up for such a gig ????

That was MY point of mentioning those lowlifes BLEW ...................Journo's DO still have the ability to report on a story that IS worthwhile of headlines if they really care to do the legwork thats necessary, instead of just asking in the paper for anyone in the public who may have info or video on a story to call them at work, so as they can claim the credit for it :rolleyes: ......... yep, 4 years of College and a $50,000 student loan to boot, to believe some anonymous voice at the end of a phone.........real reputable stuff. ;)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

And there again is another perfect example of someone using their wealth to the fullest advantage in society Dave ..... has been going on since Adam was a boy and will never change due to what influence the almighty $ has over most people mate.

Let me ask you something Dave, you ever see the ESPN special called "The Two Escobars" ?

If NOT, you should..................... fascinating and true life drama of Pablo Escobar ( The biggest druglord in the world at one time) and a fellow Colombian named Andres Escobar, one of the best and most beloved soccer players that Country has ever produced.

You couldnt find two people who were further apart in character, yet coincidently they shared a name and many other things in life as luck or in this case, misfortune would have it ......

Take particular notice of what the majority of people thought of Pablo if you will .................. and more importantly, WHY !!!!!

MONEY my friend .................... as they say in the classics, TALKS ALL LANGUAGES.
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Hey, I'm passionate about things that are of interest to me and NOT afraid to "call a spade ........ a spade". If I see something I don't think is in the best interests of that passsion, then I'll say so....................if Im wrong, I have no problems whatsoever Manning up and admitting it.

Kick me in the nads if you want, wont change a damn thing about me though ....... ;) ( or if you're inclined, take the PUMPY route and squeeze the basticles like a stress ball )
  14. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    OK Blue - there ya go, I caught and landed him - now its up to you to dress and cook him. My part in this little exercise is complete. :cool:

Careful though - "sometimes" he is full of :poop:
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Is that some kind of admission on your behalf that you think RYNO is a BUST/PUSSY/MEH afterall ???

What a red letter day this has turned out to be !!!! :roflmao:
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    hahahahahahahahahahahaa....................am I getting a little"too deep' for this thread now ?

Let me "dress & cook" my opinion of Spanos and his likes in a nutshell for you then Dave .......

Farg 'em all, I'd probably be happy to spare a few $$$ to charity too if I had as much as they do, doesnt change the fact they still suck as owners and always will !!! ;)
  17. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    And what would VJ do exactly ???

Get an Owieee after one play or simply just drop catches ????

The guy "wanted out" and his play on his return mirrored that....... He knew his Golden payday was never coming in San Diego, so he simply "dogged it".

Not the first to do so and certainly won't be the last I bet.
  18. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Who were the others? :sneaky:
  19. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    So now the question begs ......

Do I really want to see a young, upcoming good football brain hired as the next HC under this current regime or not ???

The way I see it, wouldn't matter if they dug up Lombardi, Landry and Knute Rockne to coach this team, as long as Spanos and his Tadpoles are anywhere near the owners suite, the end results will inevitably be the same ........

So lets just go ahead and rehash some Ol' relic who the game passed by 25 years ago .........

I'd love to see this David Shaw from Stanford, reminds me a lot of Tomlin, not your rah-rah type, cool under pressure, well respected by his players and looks to know "today's game" like the back of his hand.

Then again, why pour top shelf drinks into a plastic egg cup ????

Nahhhhhhhh, hope he goes and coaches for people who will give him all he needs to succeed ............ Good players and knowledgable football staff is always a good staring point I've found. ;)
  20. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    David Boston? Marcey Wiley?
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    I'm thinking you're assuming I meant Chargers in that question Dave ?

Actually, I wasn't, I was speaking in general terms of many Sports just to clarify.
  22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Both of those could probably fit the bill ....... Boston was just a bum....... Wiley was overrated from Day One, he was never that good to start with....

You pulling an all-nighter by the way ?????
  23. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Nope, just PO'd - probably time to get horizontal though. 'nighters Jack! :tup:
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

hahahahahaha, seriously ?

You're that upset about the Chargers, you cant sleep ?

Damn Man, we need to find you something to help you chill if thats the case, I love the bastards too, but Ill be farg'd if I let it effect me to that extent.....

get some Zzzzz's mate, Night !!!!
  25. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Noticed that too last night. Manning/Brees/Brady teams all have MJ status with refs.
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Nice rant.

You willing to call Liuget and Ingram busts right now, or should we wait and see? ;)
  27. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    How sad that was! I felt bad for the raiders for just a bit!

You look at the call on spikes for the hit in the head after he tipped the ball, I just don't get it!
  28. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Yeah, watching that biased crap had me damned upset last night - unreasonably so... With all of the BS we get fed about the "integrity" of the game, then you set and watch that same kind of sh1t time after time - it gets old. Only thing worse is the BCS/Big 10. The obvious favoritism is pretty damned rampant these days and again - I don't see them fixing it. Integrity = $$$ ???

I need to go fishing for the next several months and heal up. Dang I'm "crabby". ;)
  29. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Your characterization of Acee's comments on Raye were simply false. Your "passion" makes you say overblown things that have little basis in fact.

I also think Acee is a horse's ***, but that doesn't mean everything he writes is bullshit. You seem to hold that view, I don't. His opinion stuff is one thing, his straight reporting is another. He does have actual "sources" in the Chargers organization, so he does know things that we don't....... that includes you, and your famous "gut instinct". ;)
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    As for the problem with the Chargers, it all starts with Dean Spanos. He never created anything, his job was handed to him by his father. Dean is at most a caretaker, and that's being charitable. The man has never been proactive about anything. He's always reactive, and damn slow about it. Any owner worth their salt would never have allowed his GM and HC to not be on speaking terms. He would've called the two men into his office and said that crap had to stop immediately, or both would be looking for jobs elsewhere.

When he finally did fire Marty, it was way late, after all the best men had already been hired. His tardiness set the franchise backwards. That is not what a real leader does.

Even now, Acee intimates that Dean would prefer to keep AJ, but feels his hand is forced by the fans. That is the epitome of a bad leader....... the cart is pushing the horse. Last year, he had decided to fire Norv, but changed his mind at the last minute. The man is timid and vacillating..... he's the real reason this team has floundered when it should've achieved greatness.
    • Agree Agree x 1