1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    Silly Love Song?.......... Yeah, that stuff is terribly cloying. Makes his jam with Grohl and makes even more impressive.
  2. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    There's still a chance........ ;)

It's nearly official now.

On Thursday night, the Bengals halfway-hammered the final nail in the Chargers' playoff coffin with a win over the Eagles. It made San Diego's chances to reach the postseason much murkier with the necessary road becoming crystal clear.

This is a seven-game parlay.

If one result does not happen, a Chargers playoff berth is busted.

• Sunday - Chargers win (vs. Panthers); Steelers lose (at Cowboys).
    • Week 16 - Chargers win (at Jets); Bengals lose (at Steelers).
    • Week 17 - Chargers win (vs. Raiders); Steelers lose (vs. Browns); Bengals lose (vs. Ravens).

This series of results would position the Chargers, Bengals, Steelers and possibly the Browns, Jets, Bills and Dolphins, at 8-8, in a tie for the second of two AFC wild-card spots.

As long as the Browns (5-8) don't win out to become part of this tiebreaker, the Chargers would make it through.

According to makeNFLplayoffs.com, the Bengals' win Thursday night dropped San Diego's odds to make the postseason from 1.5 to 0.6 percent.
  3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Couldn't agree more .... That was rather awesome actually.

That fargin Dave Grohl is something else though....... How'd you like to be born with his type of abilities ?

Indeed Ringo, that's almost a given with McCartney these days ......... You want to fully involve the crowd and get a feeling of absolute, all time interaction going on, Hey Jude needs to be done without question.......one of the very very very few songs of our time where the chorus could be sung over and over again for 15 minutes and still NOT be overdone to death, never gets old.
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Loved that song when it first came out (always been a huge Bond fan) and it still passes the test of time to this day.
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Fargin' bragger .....

So just between you and me ...... How much are you worth ya Lanky Ol' bastard ???? :)

That must have been one helluva retirement package you received.
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Now in total fairness to Marty, I thought it was more like a 4th and 10.5 to be honest.
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42

"Cloying" ????

You aren't a Wordmaster by occupation are you ????

Had to look that bastage up, have never heard that one before in my lifetime .....

Please enlighten me as to when you would have use for such a word in your general daily conversations ???

OK, maybe your an ex Grand Master Scrabble champion ????
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42

Seriously !!!

You really DO have to much time on your hands BLEW......

I gave up on the playoff option back in week 4 I believe it was ....... Which rock have you been hiding under for the last 10 weeks ?

And don't say "Ayers" ......... The "Indiginous people's of Australia", wouldnt allow such an act these days. ;)
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    OK, I'm sure this has been viewed by everyone in here ages ago, who doesnt live the solitary lifestyle a certain person who shall remain nameless presently does .....

BUT .............I've just come across this video and have pissed myself laughing for the last 30 minutes.

May well classify as the best laugh I've had in years actually.

Now that is some seriously funny shite ...... :tup:
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    HOLY FARGIN' MOLEBOY DREW................:eek:

BLEW has owned up (sorta) to being human afterall ................

A Man's bookmarking this post, ASAP !!!!

Hell, if this keeps up, I may just start believeing that peace can come in the Middle East, there REALLY is a God and spending my Sundays singing in the Church choir.
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Oh hell Yezzzz, MUST be allowed to pick his own staff, that goes for whoever is the next sucker person that takes the HC reins..... ;)

Cant say I hold any of our coaches in that high esteem Dave, that I'd be sorry to see them gone, though Im sure a few would probably be able to show some kind of improvement under anyone BUT Norf ..............

As far as Bisaccia goes ......................the idea of him being appointed HC, really doesnt blow up my skirt in the least to be honest, what HC creds does he produce ? ....................I'm just NOT that big on guys who've been around the league forever, coaching in different departments, at a shitload of different teams, toiling away in mundane jobs etc, then becoming HC's and expected to perform miracles.

Sure, there are exceptions to those rules, but they are fairly "far and few between" and you could bet your bottom Dinar on The Deaner, picking the "most likely to fail" candidate without a shadow of a doubt.

Nope, I say we go extreme and wipe the slate clean.................time to go more, Out of the Box, Dave.
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Is that right ??????

Well well, how the times have changed then .....

So did Donald Sterling finally sell that franchise ????

If NOT, maybe there is some hope for the Deaner afterall ....... ;)

p.s .....Is it just a coincidence or am I wrong to think that the odds must be fargin' astronomical of there being TWO of the worst owners in US Sports history, located in the same city, ?????

Guess thats the price you pay for living in "paradise" !!!! [​IMG]
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    YOU really are coming around nicely these days after finally abandoning the Positive PollyAnna bandwagon quicker than :poop: -from-a-shanghai, I must say...... :D
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Well there's a shock.

Along with that cretin, Bayless and blowhard know-it-all, Smith.................this bloke is nothing but a poor man's wanna-be the biggest idiot on TV.

He's totally clueless on any and all subjects and only ever opens his mouth if he thinks it will be controversial enough to create a shitstorm of attention.

Lowlife journo at his very best, this wanker.
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Is there something I should be looking for, other than that guys "Jatz crackers" showing beneath his "dress" ????????

Now I get why the game has "RIM" in its name at least ...... :whistling:
  16. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +341 / 11 / -6
    Wow outstanding!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Rocky Raccoon, etc.
  18. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    As long as Axel Rose isn't singing it. ;)
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    You know very well that I'm a cheap/thrifty bastage. I got a very good deal on my refurbished iMac, and sold my old one for over $700. All told, I spent about $1,300 on my new 27" iMac...... not a lot for a very capable machine.
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    The amount of time it took to read that tidbit of info I can spare. It takes some of us less time to read it than others. ;)
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    I may be a fossil, but I'm still adaptable....... sink or swim. ;)
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    I think I can safely say that you're the only person on this forum to have focused on that aspect of the photo.

It's sad what a little sexual deprivation will do to some people. :roflmao:

Here's one I took last night...... no crotches (click on pic to see full-sized). ;)

[​IMG]
  23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    But those songs had clever lyrics and interesting hooks at least. None of his Beatles songs stooped to the level of that solo :poop:.
  24. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    NEWS FLASH: Eddie Royal will not play Sunday
  25. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    Gee Jack, you mean it isn't "all Norv & AJ's fault"??? <evil grin>

I could point out that there have been other cases where former Special Teams coaches went on to become fine Head coaches - but then again, my current "feeling" is that its time to blow up the organization and suffer through a couple years of rebuilding. While I very keenly recognize the contributions of the Chargers organization to our county here, primarily under the Spanos family - will say it again, don't think I would be disappointed with a change in ownership on top of it. Additionally, have given up hope that the team will be able to stay in San Diego - it is what it is in that light. They did try to do so for one hell of a long time though - but the City of San Diego isn't going to do what is necessary to keep 'em. IMHO
  26. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    I wouldn't put it all on the city....... the team has to have reasonable expectations in the current economic climate. And the same goes the convention center. If, and it's a big if, the Chargers and the convention center people pooled plans and resources, they could get a joint project done IMHO.

The problem is, both still stubbornly want to do things their own way. The times don't call for business as usual, they call for cooperation and creative thinking...... both of which are in short supply.
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    With Brown out, Mathews says he's ready to step up

Ryan Mathews still sounds confident.

“I’m always ready,” Mathews said on Friday.

As the scouts say, Mathews still looks good getting off the team bus.

“I was in great shape coming into the season,” he said, “and I’m in great shape now.”

It’s Week 15, and he’s not limping or moving stiffly across the locker room.

“You’re always going to take punishment playing this position,” he said, “but I’ve done a great job of taking care of my body.

“I feel good. I feel normal. I’m not hurting.”

It’s been a quiet season for the No. 12 pick of the 2010 draft, but Mathews may have a chance to make more noise on Sunday.

Running back Ronnie Brown (hamstring) isn’t expected to play.

Mathews, as a result, is expected to receive more handoffs and passes than he typically does.
    “You’ve just go to step up,” he said.

Brown is the third-down back and leads Chargers running backs in catches (46), yards per catch (7.9) and yards per carry (4.7).

Mathews is averaging 3.8 yard per carry, down from 4.9 last year and 4.3 as a rookie. He has scored one touchdown, compared with six last year and seven as a rookie.

Sidelined for two games by a broken collarbone suffered on his first carry of the preseason, trusted less after a key fumble in Week Three, slowed later by an ankle injury, Mathews has only 18 more carries than Brown, who was signed to back him up.

The theme no longer is what Brown can do for you, but what Mathews can do for the Bolts without Brown.

“We all know what we’re supposed to do,” he said. “We all know how to pass protect. So we'll be fine.”

Injury report
    The Chargers declared Demorrio Williams (ankle) out for Sunday’s game. Doubtful are Ronnie Brown, Donald Butler (groin), Jeromey Clary (hamstring) and Tyronne Green (hamstring).

Eddie Royal (hamstring) is questionable but isn’t expected to play. Michael Harris (ankle) and Kendall Reyes (quad) are probable.

The Panthers will be without defensive tackle Dwan Edwards, center Geoff Hangartner and running back Jonathan Stewart.

Carolina listed three players as questionable: linebacker James Anderson, safety Colin Jones and receiver Brandon LaFell.

Defensive tackle Charles Johnson, second on the team in sacks, returned to practice on Friday and is probable.

Nuts 'N' Bolts
    Turner, using his favorite word, said the crowds at Chargers home games this year have been "outstanding." The team's performance, less so. The Chargers are 2-4 at home, including defeats in the last two home games. “We’ve got to show off for our fans," Le'Ron McClain said. "We haven’t been protecting our house like we need to this season."

After practice, several players crowded around two televisions in the locker-room -- and not to watch ESPN. News updates unfolded of the elementary school shootings in Connecticut. There were blank faces and mutterings of shock and dismay.
  28. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +972 / 2 / -2
    So you do agree, the time we have enjoyed with San Diego having a professional football team isn't going to last much longer right? Who cares about "blame"?
  29. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    Frankly, I don't know, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

For the Chargers to move to LA, they'd have to give up a stake in the franchise. I don't see the Spanos family doing that. Is there another serious offer out there? They may threaten to leave, but until the moving trucks pull up, I'm not sweating it. ;)
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    OH please, NO thanks.....

Axel needs to stick with Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle ......