1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    You can certainly say that they didn't spend their money wisely, but to call them cheap is simply inaccurate. Dean gave AJ money to spend, but it was not spent well. Remember, Dean is not a football guy, so he deferred to AJ on football matters.

AJ's perceived "cheapness" was more of a personal nature, rather than financial. He could've signed Jackson for a more reasonable salary at the time of his original holdout, but AJ always put his own rep ahead of the team's best interest. If AJ was "cheap" with a player the Chargers developed, he was positively lavish with a guy who fell off the turnip truck and played a scant 5 games for the team. The Gaither signing was certainly more risky than the idea that Jackson may relapse to his bad behavior.

AJ was a terrible GM in the end, because it became more about him than the team, which should always come first. His drafting of Larry English was about him trying to prove he was smarter than the "convention wisdom". He allowed his early success to go to his head.
  2. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6
    I am going to say we get Bruce Arians from INDY and that Pagano stays as DC......
  3. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    I'd be OK with that....... not that Deano would give a rat's ***. ;)
  4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    The litmus test is very simple beyond this point. Dean Spanos stated today that his goal is to win a SB and for that reason he parted ways with the GM/HC tandem. We all know that if the Chargers are lucky enough to hire a great HC to fit this organization combined with all the tangibles and the intangibles required to climb back to the to the top of the AFCW, the FO needs to take care of their own first and foremost. So let us give Dean a couple of years to see if and how he passes/fails that test. Sounds good with you? After all, my gosh, he surely has enough experience by now to be a "football guy" (even if hands off) specially with John Spanos being such an integral part of the FO.

I still maintain that the way John Spanos worded his statement, gave grave concerns to Jack (off), Ringo and I, plus many many more Chargers fans/supporters/critics/whatever... Some of us may have less intestinal fortitude than others when it comes to matters of $$$ and this team, specially when the owner's Son makes such ill-advised statement on the day when most, if not all Chargers fans, rejoiced the sacking of AJ Smith and Norv Turner.
  5. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    It was a tweet, not a press release, for heavens sake. Sometimes, a simple factual statement can lead people to draw all kinds of conclusions....... doesn't mean that any of that was in the mind of the person who made the original remark. Drawing conclusions isn't the same as knowing something for a fact.

And, as I said before, the Spanos clan has always spent their cap money. There are other teams that can rightly be accused of being cheap (especially during the uncapped year)...... the Chargers are not one of those teams.

Being around football isn't the same as actually doing all the jobs that John Spanos has done in the organization...... and did for the league office. Dean has none of that experience.
  6. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Ummmm, NO, your totally doing your Brightsider inpersonation again my friend.

You dont have a single fact to stand by that Little Johnny has a fargin' clue as to what he is doing, name me another high-ranking FO official that would tweet such a thing, especially on the eve of mass sackings at his club ?

Hell, even a jerfoff like Dan Snyder has finally been smart enough to realize that he doesnt need to see his name in the papers every 2 minutes to have a successful football team, just hire the correct FOOTBALL MINDS and let them do what they do best, while you sit your arse in the luxury box, kiss arse with other buttmunchers and most importantly, shut the farg up and let me do my job..............its really not that hard.

Plus and Ive asked you this a thousand times already in regards to many of the losers this franchise has obtained over the years, name me a postive that any coach, FO employee, Doctor, Strength & Conditioning or even trainers if you like, has done of late to improve this team ................you can't because it hasn't happened.

The Chargers waste money on players REGARDLESS of their draft position, simply because they are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent, admit it ..................and that brings us all the way back to Little Johnny doesnt it ?....who's job it has been to evaluate College talent, so thats what I'm basing my assessment upon.

They also waste money extending players who arent worth a crap, to longterm contracts, fully knowing they are either injury-prone, headcases, both or just flatout mediocre, run-of-the-mill football players.

Want proof ?..........

Wilhelm, Hart, Cooper, Tucker, McNeill, Gaither, Clary etc etc ..................do I need to go on !

Next they'll extend the China Ryno to another 5 year deal I bet and then shake their heads in disbelief when he comes up lame again, or worse still, the Cromartie Clone, Cason, who the way he is going, may even surpass his idol in the softness stakes.

How you could possibly think Little Johnny is capable of "maximizing the talent of his roster", is beyond belief, the Old Man has been the only Spanos thus far that even remotely showed a glimpse of football nouse, the dribble that is his offspring should stick to construction or whatever the farg it is they made their dough doing, because it isn't running a successful football franchise, thats for sure.
  7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    There are already some intriguing options being named for potential GM interviews, including permission to do so during an off-week in the playoffs... Going to be an interesting process. "Process" - a word we are gonna hear a lot over the next month or so.
  8. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    If that tweet (or a chirp, a squeak or a mouse fart) came out today, out of all days, then it was insensitive at best. Let's leave it at that and let us go have a drink or two ;)
  9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    This is a possibility if Arians is OK with working with Pagano and a likely FO tandem of Raye & JS. I'm not too sure about a caretaker sorta coach but I'm more wrong than right ;)
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Have been awaythe last day or so catching up on the weekends games ....................

Great stuff by many.

What a game between Minny and the Pack, now thats FOOTBALL.

Gotta give it to Ponder, he's shown plenty under extreme pressure, unlike a certain Cowboy who shall remain nameless.... :whistling:

And Peterson ...........well, what can you say, the guys just a flatout tremendous footballer.

Loved watching the Cowboys lose.........................especially in the manner in which they did................AGAIN !!!

Surely Romo has to be on the hotseat, doesnt he remind anyone of a certain coach back in the day, that just couldnt WIN when he needed too the most ????

And hey BLEW, maybe that talent evaluator of ours can go find us a 6th rd RB that can lead his team in Rushing like that Morris kid ?...................

Yeah right Norf, no way can a Rookie, let alone 2 of the bastards, lead a team to the PO's, just can't be done. :rolleyes:

Strange, those 2 at Washington sure as hell look like they know what they are doing and making The Rat look like a hell of a coach in the process I might add.

So now I need to go catch up on all the apparent firings that have happened today ...................thats also not a good sign for us ................no doubt gives the Spanos clan a broader range of retreads to pick from unfortunately...... :D
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41

hahahahahahahaha............................nothing like getting ripped a new one by a couple of Cokeheads, thats gotta leave a mark. ;)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    And why would you be Dave ?............... they have done nothing except accelerate the downward spiral, good riddance to them I say, far to many have overstayed their welcome, which is the Charger-way ofcourse.
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Blah, Blah .......................farging BLAH.

Yeah, they all love him, so what again has that gotten us ??????

A bunch of softcocks, thats what.
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Good for him, has he cleaned his locker out yet ?????
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41

No, how's Get-Focked sound ??? better ? :D

Happy New Year Brudder.
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I take that as a compliment ...................... and your still as wrong as you were earlier, come on, how about a New Years resolution, that you are able to admit when wrong, just this once, give it a shot Ol Boy. :D
  17. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    OK, think I may have made my pick to fill AJ's spot if it isn't a promotion from within...

[​IMG]
  18. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41

Not to mention it gets you a seat aboard the Rick "Looney-Bin" Sanitarium bandwagon and WHO wouldnt want that !!!! :confused:
  19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    These days, that sounds great :D

Happy New Year to you too Jackoff :laugh:
  20. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    Speaking of spiral - you have got to quit watching that counter-clockwise spiral in the porcelain room - its affecting your outlook!

Happy New Year young'un! ;)
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I say getting into bed with the "Arion Nation" may not be the best move with our type fanbase ...... :D
  22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    I think Dean chaired the CA campaign machinery for nomination of Rick Perry, who actually made Sanitarium like a friggin genius in comparison ;)
  23. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I'm intrigued that they are willing to spend $$$$'s ( and I would imagine it to be probably a little more than $5) to hire someone like Ron Wolf as a consultant ???....................why not ask him what it would cost to have HIM do the job.

Also doesnt say much about the peeps you already employ...................what ?..........Little Johnny's evaluation not good enough ?..........yet HE is gonna ride roughshod over whoever it is they hire in the end anyway ................correct ?

And if "Jimmy Raye" is such a cert for the position, as BLEWY would have us all believe, why the farg would you watse ONE zach on hiring a Ron Wolf type in the first place ????? :confused:
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Perry, Sanitarium, whoever ....................farg'er was a loser, just like him, was the point I was attempting to make.... :D
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Where you 2 cheap bastards off too ???

Motel 6 maybe ????

remember.............leave the light on !!!! ;)
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Nothing wrong with #11. But a bit bizarre that $$$ associated with that slot is what the Director of College Scouting focuses on.
  27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
  28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    A B for 2010 is a bit overboard. Only solid starter out of that draft thus far is Butler.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    he looks like someone that sells Used Cars in Edwardsville, Illinois !!!!

Sorry Dave, the choice of jacket alone puts me off that guy.
  30. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    That's for the two of us to know, and for you, not to know :p