1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    Well, we could have done without ever seeing that image ..............BUT, it must be said, they certainly do add a humorous element to the mix, that words can't do justice.

Who you partying there with ???

Still up after 2 am !!!! ...................you must have invited the entire Rockettes squad around to still be awake, you nasty Ol' thing.
  2. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    I'm gonna go ahead and put $20 on Holmgren being our next HC. All indicators point to it. Wolf Hired him in Green Bay from San Fran, where he was Walsh's OC... Making him a twig on the Gillman Coaching tree. It would be a pretty smart move IMO. He's respected, he's a winner, and he can actually manage the game as well. Who knows, maybe Deano finally figured out that winning is money, and Wolf is the guy to put winners in place?
  3. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +328 / 11 / -6
    I am was thinking about calling tomorrow to see about season tickets again, maybe I should hold off and see who we get!

I don't think Holmgren would be the answer...... that's just me!!!

maybe I should get a job 1st??? :rolleyes:
  4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +328 / 11 / -6
    I just don't understand.........

I went to chargers.com to look for season seats for 2013 yesterday!
    But, nothing for sale! The day Dean has the balls to fire Norv and AJ.... I can't get seats!
    I got my best set of season seats there and may have grabbed a pair if the right ones came up!
    Oh well, I might be better off waiting! Who knows maybe Matt Millen is on Deano's list! :cautious:
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    I wouldn't be in a hurry PUMP ...................I have no doubt whatsoever you'll be able to get good seats, hell, the place was half empty by the end of the year.

Oh and yeah, a job may help pay for those suckers too.
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    Hey, with the way the great minds at Charger Park work, its not out of the question I guess, but then again, neither is probably Buddy Nix.....................they could well offer him the moon to return now that AJ has parted .........not that that was the reason he left ofcourse (wink wink, nudge nudge)
  7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    Chargers denied in attempt to interview Broncos’ Matt Russell

The Chargers were interested in interviewing Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell about their general manager job.
    But the Broncos said no, and Russell sort of did as well.

According to Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego, the Chargers went through the formal process ofasking permission, but the Broncos denied the request.

But the Broncos’ denial may run deeper than simply not wanting to help a division rival (though that’s certainly enough of a reason).

“I’ve got the best owner in sports here [Pat Bowlen] and the best boss in John Elway,” Russell said, via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. “I want to be part of something special in the state I love.”

Russell played college football at the University of Colorado, and joined the Broncos in 2009 as their director of college scouting. Elway promoted Russell to his current role in May, when Brian Xanders was fired as general manager.

So while Elway’s title might as well be “honcho” or “el jefe,” Russell is in a position not that far from the GM-but-reporting-to-John Spanos gig in San Diego, so he might as well stay where he’s comfortable, until a job with full responsibility comes along.
  8. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 8 / -0
    Hell anyone of us here could fill AJ's job, and do at least as well.
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    If Wolf has any sense, which I think he does, then he'll be looking at younger candidates. Dean doesn't want a short term solution, he wants to put a structure in place for the team to be successful when his sons take full control.
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    I look forward with bated breath to see if that is in fact the case my friend ....... Though if I was A Gus and Little Johnny, I'd be doing my darndest NOW to help Daddy along there in making the BIG decisions that will directly effect their own futures significantly.

Is it possible that all 3 are totally clueless in relation to Football ??? :)
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    We know for a fact two are....... our only hope is in little Johhny.

I'm stirring up trouble in the Norv "potshot" thread..... you may want to have a go yourself. ;)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41

Small world ......

I watched this kid play in High school for the East Belleville Lancers back in the day .......

He and another kid who played for Highland High were all the talk in Southern Illinois football around the same time.

Both went to big time College programs, but Russell had the better College career, though he never made a dent at the Pro level, good to see he is still involved at a high level in the game though.
  13. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    Good to know he's smart enough to stay away from the Chargers?
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41

My thoughts exactly ...... ;)
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    If Little Johnny is our only hope, we might as well pack a cut lunch, grab the speedo's and head for the beach now ....... He'd be top of my list as far as clueless goes, if his record so far is any indication of what lies ahead, we'll be back to the 1 - 15 days very shortly.
  16. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    I'm not sold on Buddy coming back, even if he wanted to. The first thing he did in Buffalo is bring in our rejects. How smart did he look when Fairyman had his 5 minute career there? Buddy was the one who shifted all the money around to keep us under the cap, not a talent man IIRC. I wouldn't mind taking a look inside San Fran's FO, there may be something there. And hopefully he'd be the one to tell Big & Little Enos Burdett to sit in their office and count their money as he ran the team.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    What exactly is his "record"?....... do you have some hidden knowledge on John Spanos?
  18. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    I'd love to see a Harbaugh type come in here, but that's all fairy farts and unicorn turds. Hoping some young stud college coach or NFL coordinator can come in to lead us to the promised land has failed more than suceeded, i.e. Petrino, Saban, McDumbass, even Singletary.

With Holmgren's age, and the time he's been off the sidelines, he most likely would delegate to a trusted padawan who could then take over the reigns when he retired. If it worked out, that could leave us with a more long term dynasty. But, if we did take the younger, riskier route, I'd look to Sumlin from Texas A&M (spit).
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    Buddy was in love with LSU players....... his "expertise" was too regional for my taste. You want a GM with a broad knowledge of the college ranks.
  20. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    His "record" is twice siding with an egomaniacle GM over the talented HC. Let's hope next time he gets it right.
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    That's Dean......... Jack was talking about his son, John.
  22. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    True enough, but I don't see the next generation being much different than the previous
  23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,694 / 45 / -26
    John, at least, has some hands on experience in the FO...... something Dean never had.
  24. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +957 / 2 / -2
    Been wondering that myself - hearing a lot of pissing but really know little of what he has actually done other than give some boring assed interviews while a game was being played... (Something I wish to hell they would outlaw during the 4th quarter of exhibition games...)
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    Please tell me you did realize I was totally joking about bringing Buddy back ......... puhhhhhhlease !!!!......just what we need, another roster full of LSU underachievers, once was plenty Thanks.
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    What he has been responsible for recruiting in his time as Director of College scouting is all the knowledge I need to judge him by at this time ........ Can you give me any info on why you think he has the capabilities to successfully "oversee the GM and Coach" responsibilities ????

Didn't think so ..... ;)
  27. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +957 / 2 / -2
    I guess that is why 74 year old Wolf is now spending his winter months in San Diego - was wondering why they would hire him rather than Jackfrosting who can extrapolate a man's 24 year NFL career by how he looks and what jacket he wears. They just wanted to make it more interesting and go through a "process" rather than being told up front how screwed up they all are.

Face it Jacko, you will be pissing and moaning until there is a change of ownership - and then you would be prepared to piss all over the next rich guy(s) that owned the team. ;)
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41

Ahhhhh excellent....... Nice to see I'm not alone in that assessment.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41

Exactly ...... The apple doesn't fall from the tree....... Look and learn, it's a given. ;)
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +783 / 54 / -41
    Indeed he does ....... But again I shall ask you, what exactly has he done RIGHT in regards to his time in that position ?????

Gauging on what we have drafted the last 6 years, I'd say "very fargin' little" !!!!