1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    OK, so who we all going for tomorrow ????

I'm thrilled to be able to watch a couple of games LIVE for the first time in over 3 months for starters .....

In the early one, I'd love to see the Bengals pull one out of their arse, but have a feeling that the Texy's find some much needed form and advance......won't stop me rooting for the Bengals, all the same.

In the late game, there's no way Minny could beat the Pack AGAIN ..... Is there ????

Especially on their own Dunghill ......

Nahhhhhhh, can't see it.

Admired Ponders comeback this year after a rocky mid season dropoff and love watching Peterson and Allen play the game at any time, but no way can they win this one.

Have a feeling Mr Rodgers and his neighborhood will run the score up on the Viks this week.
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    I don't see the humor in hair color....... you're a queer duck, Jack.
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    Oh my, you really are a DUD, aren't you.

The humour being that its a well known fact that anyone with RED HAIR, usually has very fair skin and is thus, much more susceptible to burning in even the most modest of SUNSHINE ...................................SUNSHINE !!!!

Get it now ???? :confused:
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    I'm just NOW hearing that Pioli got the short-shaft !!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............... I wonder ?????? ;)
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    Everyone hear/see this story ?

[​IMG]

Love it .................... hope someone got a few uppercuts in as well.

I would've been OK with them shoving him down the crapper and getting sucked into the atmosphere with the rest of the plane's turds to be honest. :cool:
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    Hey OKIE ...............

How'd those Sooners go today ???? :whistling:

Oooops ....... looks like they got "Johnnie Footballed" bigtime !!!! :)
  8. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    I don't burn that easily....... I'm out with Fred everyday, and have yet to get burned in the process. I'm also not a real "ginger" like Lil' Jack.

As far as "sunshine" goes, you must be referring to my sunny disposition. ;)
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42

Hmmmm .......so in these times, yesterday is considered "carbon dated" ?????

My, I am out of loop then.
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    So what ? ....... You dye it ?

So your saying the carpet doesn't match the drapes ?????

Well, aren't we the modern day Metrosexual then.
  12. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +76 / 3 / -0
    I hear the Sooners are going to change their colors next year. Since they keep getting smoked in bowls, they are going from crimson and cream to Tijuana red and cream.

Thank God Landry Jones is graduating! He should change his name to Romo Jones with the way he throws picks!
  13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +345 / 11 / -6
    Make your picks!!!

AKA-JNCP PICK'EM
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    It's older than that, but considering the time difference, I'll cut you some slack. ;)
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    I see your confusion.

By "real" ginger, I meant that it's not the color you usually think of when you picture a redhead. Mine is as much blonde as it is red.

Think Robert Redford, not Carrot Top. ;)
  16. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    Acee: Jared Gaither can't return to Chargers

We don’t know what the new Chargers General Manager will decide regarding so many pending personnel questions.

But there is no doubt about the status of one player.

Left tackle Jared Gaither will not be back. He can’t be.

That eventually has not been guaranteed by the remaining decision makers at Chargers Park, but it has been hinted at strongly.

Even if the Chargers brass had some wildly naïve/ignorant notion that Gaither would remain healthy -- or not pretend he was more hurt than he was, as virtually everyone in the organization believes was the case in 2012 – Gaither would not be welcome in the locker room.

“I can’t even look him in the eye,” one veteran told me earlier in the season, after Gaither had sat out the first three games with a back issue that no one could clearly diagnose.

On Dec. 23, here is what another veteran said, unsolicited, when ruminating on the ruins of the season: “----ing Gaither. He ----ing cost us big-time.”

Several other players voiced similar sentiments. Some suspected within a couple weeks that Gaither was milking his back injury. Others didn’t get frustrated until September. Many held out until the end of the season. But by then, there were no dissenters.

It’s impossible to state how rare that is. Players don’t question other players’ injuries. It’s in the code. Even when they quietly wondered about oft-injured former wide receiver Buster Davis’ toughness, players gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wanted to be on the field.

When the Chargers placed Gaither on injured reserve in November, this time because of a groin injury of dubious severity, the team essentially told him to go home, that they didn’t want him around. (If he denies this, it’s only because his dimness might rival his suspected fraudulence. He was told he could go home, didn’t need to stay around.)

The super-talented behemoth of a man played five virtually flawless games for the Chargers in 2011 to earn a contract with $9 million guaranteed. The Chargers knew signing him was a risk, given his history of injuries and rumblings by his former employers that he was lazy and even a faker. But Gaither was the only starting left tackle available in free agency.

Gaither ended up playing parts of four games. Since that’s all he will play, he ended up costing the Chargers $2.25 million per game he was active. The charge was $36,144 per snap played and the bargain price of $37,974 per snap in which he was not responsible for Philip Rivers being hit, hurried or sacked.

Still, it is better to waste $9 million already committed and absorb the $6 million cap hit by releasing Gaither than risk owing him $4.5 million if he’s on the roster at the start of the 2013 season.

Asked if Gaither could ever return and be accepted by teammates, safety Eric Weddle was as gracious as he could be: “He could. It would take a lot of work to earn back the respect. And that’s not going to happen.”

Team president Dean Spanos knows this. So it doesn’t matter who the new GM is.
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    UTKevinAcee@UTKevinAcee
    Seems like it's down to Jimmy Raye & Tom Telesco as possible GMs, though hearing Steve Keim (interviewing today) is friend of John Spanos.
  18. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,775 / 47 / -26
    I'm a little concerned about Arians as the possible Chargers head coach.

The guy is 60, and has never been a HC before, so why now? He doesn't strike you as a guy who had a burning ambition to become an NFL HC, or he wouldn't have waited this long to go for the brass ring. Guys at 60 are looking more at retirement than taking a big career step.

Face it, he fell into his interim job because of Pagano's illness. Otherwise, we never would've heard of the guy. He did an admirable job of holding things together and winning games, but the team and staff were already put together for him. he's never had to do that himself.

Do we know he can put together a coaching staff on his own?...... no. Do we know he can make good player evaluations in putting a roster together?...... no. There are too many question marks around this guy for my taste.
  19. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    Give me some of dat FOOTBALL .......

Lets play !!!!
  20. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    DAMN PUMPKIN ......................I got in before kickoff but it wont allow me to pick in this game.....

Most upsetting .....................Well, going with Houston anyway, but rooting for the Begals.
  21. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +345 / 11 / -6

Wish I could help! it wont let me!

22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    Do I really need to show the article and its "publishing date" ???

Whatever way you cut it, "Jan 3rd was yesterday" when this was being discussed, so how that qualifies as "Older than that", is beyond me.
  23. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    I think I do remember seeing that all picks have to be made no less than 5 mintes before kickoff ...... so that would explain it.

My bad ........ just got slack again.
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    I'm with ya :tup: ......................the Cons far outweigh the Pro's with this guy as far as rebuilding goes, definetely need someone much younger, who can relate to todays players and game first and foremost.
  25. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +345 / 11 / -6

Yes.....Its 5 minutes before kickoff :tup:
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    There's the RB we should have gone after in FA ....... :(
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42
    Thats a terrible read by Dalton and the way to get your teamate severly injuried .......................Gawd Man, open your eye's and see whats in front of you !!!
  29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +345 / 11 / -6
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +805 / 54 / -42