1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Well thats dumb then ....

and its says YOU picked Cinci by the way ...... nitwit. :D

Jack 1 ....Pumpkin 0. :tup:
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Correction......

FillerUp circa 2011.
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Not a big fan of the Ol' Facebook Duck, way to "out there" for my liking, but Ill be in touch one way or another. :tup:
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Well, at least this World Wide Webb kid isn't gonna go down wondering ...... gotta admire that at least.

Pack still outta sync a little, that surprises me.
  5. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6
    Yawn!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!
  6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    2011, 2012........?
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Webb is game, but his inexperience against Rodgers is not a good matchup.
  8. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    We'll have to wait and see about that, can't say I have a lot of faith in him returning to the Glory Years though.
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    That was inevitable.....

Even PUMPKIN could have predicted that outcome........ Well maybe !!!!! :)
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    That's a given. ;)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    The ever reliable Shammy ....... Still as combative as always.

Guaranteed or not .... He's GONE regardless I say.
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Well that last game was good for sending me into Nap time .......

Don't think I'll bother re watching it though.

Wish this weeks games had of been the opposite days of play though, neither of today's were what you'd call Classics.
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Nope, for playoff games, they were devoid of drama.
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Hey Now !!!

You know well the regard I have had for PRiv over his career ...... but it is what it is and right now, he looks pedestrian in comparison to the Leagues best QB's and 2 years removed from his best, so it will be one hell of an effort for him to suddenly find form at his age.
  16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    That stuff should come tomorrow. ;)
  17. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
    How about an O-Line that can give him just 2 more seconds of pass protection? (One that also can open some kind of crack for an RB?) I think that would do wonders for "finding his form".... ;)
  18. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    How can we liven things up around here ?

Why couldn't we have a guy like Sexy Rexy around, never a dull moment for those New Yawker's !!! ;)

Think Norf has any tatt's ???? .................. I bet he left a permanaent "tatt" of his lip prints on AJ's arse though. :D
  19. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Sorry Dave, but thats NOT what Ive seen as the major problem with Fillup of late.

Sure, any QB playing would benefit from a OLine that would give him more time to "do his thing", but there are so many other things goung South with Rivers that can't be blamed on the OLine, as much as I hate to admit.

His decision making and coolness under pressure seem to have deserted him also and thats got nothing to do with the Line, plus as I said last year, his "body language" just isn't the same as it was back in '10 and before, not sure the reason for it, but to deny those facts would be remiss of any fan.
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    How can the fact that he's been pummeled like a piñata (because of his porous O-line) not be a factor regarding his "coolness under pressure"?

His first 4 years as a starter, he averaged just under 25 sacks a season. The last 3 seasons, he's never had less than 30 sacks. This year was the worst, with 49 sacks. Now, that doesn';t include all the times he was hit after he released the ball, which has to be even more. The guy took well over 100 hits this year. Don't you think that takes a toll on a QB's body, and mind?

Sometimes, Jack....... you do write some head scratching stuff. :confused:
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    I think Acee just called Shammy out. :D

UTKevinAcee@UTKevinAcee
    @Shamrock_Dan Let me answer it for you as clearly as I can: The 2013 salary is not guaranteed.
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    O-line Chargers' top offseason priority

This will be another busy Chargers offseason.

To fix some of their deficiencies, it has to be.

San Diego has holes on its roster, either ones that were exposed last year or, with 19 players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in March, that are about to open. The following are three top priorities on either side of the ball.

Offense

Offensive line: The greatest, most immediate challenge the next Chargers general manager will face is fixing this offensive line. Can it be done in one year? Center Nick Hardwick is the only starter who can safely be expected back. A left tackle must be found. Left guard Tyronne Green and right guard Louis Vasquez have expiring contracts. Right tackle Jeromey Clary will count $5.7 million against the 2013 cap if kept and $3.4 million if released.

Running back: It's always been something with Ryan Mathews. Maybe, with two broken clavicles in about four months, he's just unlucky, luck that is bound to turn around in his fourth season. But the Chargers must protect themselves for the possibility it doesn't, adding someone who, at the very least, can complement him. Le'Ron McClain and Edwin Baker, a 2012 seventh-round draft pick, are the only other members of the backfield scheduled to return next season.

Tight end: Randy McMichael served as an extension of the offensive line in his three seasons here. Last year, 60.1 percent of his 504 snaps came in pass protection. With the 33-year-old contemplating retirement and, if he chooses to continue playing, likely to be released, the team must find a blocking presence from its tight end corps. The asset is a strength of neither Antonio Gates nor Ladarius Green. Dante Rosario is a pending unrestricted free agent.

Defense

Cornerback: The Chargers could lose two durable starters. On the left side, Quentin Jammer has started 161 of 172 career games but will turn 34 in June. Right cornerback Antoine Cason, 26, has started all but three games the past three years. Shareece Wright and Marcus Gilchrist, both 2010 draft choices, are the only cornerbacks under contract for 2013.

Linebacker: Takeo Spikes is unlikely to return next season, but there is uncertainty who'll fill his place as the strong-side inside linebacker. The hope was for Jonas Mouton to be ready, but with his zero defensive snaps after Spikes' second-quarter ejection in the season finale, it's clear he is not considered ready yet. At outside linebacker, Shaun Phillips and Antwan Barnes are among the team's unrestricted free agents.

Strong safety: Three strong safeties made the Chargers' roster out of training camp. By year's end, Corey Lynch was the only one not to have suffered a season-ending injury, and he's set to become a free agent. Rookie Brandon Taylor underwent surgery Thursday to repair a torn ACL as well as some other knee damage. Veteran Atari Bigby missed the final five weeks with a torn hamstring. The Chargers will evaluate Taylor's strides in rehab and plan accordingly for 2013.
  23. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    You know that in the WC round one hone team outta 4 ends up losing and usually it's the last game on Sunday ;)
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    Where the farg did you learn this version of "English" which you speak? I took an Aspirin and you gave my Aspirin a headache :roflmao:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    In down under, arse replaces head ;)
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    And many, yes MANY of those hits are of his own volition BLEW, look for excuses all you want to defend the guy's play, it WONT change a damn thing or the win/loss ratio of this team.

The OLine has stunk for years now, not just this last year or 2010 either, apart from Dielman, the entire collective group that have made up that Line since 07 haven't been worth a pile of Goat crap and we all know it, have been saying it for years now, yet not a thing has been done by the FO to improve the situation ..................my point being, Rivers didnt faulter at all from 07 to 09, because he was good enough to overcome it.

But these last 2 years he has shown a diminishing ability to know when to stay in the pocket, when to scramble (I'm being nice calling it that) or when to just throw the ball away to live another day, those are ALL split second decisions that were once second nature to him, at the moment they are NOT.

He is, without doubt thee worst moving QB in the NFL, that certainly isnt a plus and makes him very one dimensional, which teams after so long watching him, are now able to gameplan for ......... so its no great surprise to see him struggle when a good pass rushing team comes to town.

All I'm saying is this ........................our Offenses woes arent all one way traffic, Rivers has to also take plenty of blame in that area, Farg !!!!........ we all at least knew what we had in Clary, Hardwina, Vasaline and whatever warm body they decided to use on the Leftside, the one thing we weren't expecting was Rivers to fall so quickly from the mantle of the NFL's "elite QB club", thats an entirely different matter all together.

If you don't think I'd love nothing more than to see the return of the Ol' Fillup, you don't know me very well at all .....

Hell, I recall this exact convo taking place not that long ago (Last year maybe ?)..........................only difference was I was defending the guy and you were saying exactly what I have above ............... quite amazing how opinions can change, yet stay the same !!!
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Maybe Anderson needs to write it in bigger font ?

Someone should tell him that Shammy has hearing problems ...... ;)
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    What ???...............you need it broken down ?

OK, no prob's ..........

I wish the the games played on Saturday were between Indy/Balt. and Wash./Hags and NOT Texy's/Cinci and Pack/Minny.

How's that ?

Do you need me to make the font larger perhaps ???? :)
  29. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Do you have a reading comprehension problem? :rolleyes:

I clearly wrote that in his first four years as a starter, Rivers averaged just under 25 sacks a season. That's 2006-2009. Say what you want, but the stats don't lie....... the O-line during that period did a much better job protecting Rivers.

The last 3 years has been much worse...... his sack totals went to 38 in 2010, to 30 in 2011 (less than 2010 mainly do to Gaither playing in the final 5 games), and finally this year's massive total of 49 sacks. :eek:

To pretend that more hits on the QB doesn't lead to rushed passes and hurried decision making is foolish in the extreme. Rivers got hit after he threw the ball a LOT more than he actually got sacked. This year alone, you're talking about easily over 150 shots to his body. That kind of repeated beating will have an effect, not just physically, but mentally.

It's not a matter of being afraid of contact, but having no trust in his line's ability to give him time to complete a play. That uncertainty plays on the mind of a QB. Peyton and Brady don't drop back to pass expecting their line to collapse in a couple seconds. Because he's not mobile, means Rivers needs a real pocket to operate in...... he hasn't had that much at all this year. Combine that with WRs that aren't getting open in time, and a non-existent running game, there's no wonder Rivers looks shaky right now.

Fix the O-line, and get some dependable wideouts, and you'll see the old Rivers come back. He's not over the hill yet, and he's not broken..... he just needs some help.
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I got just 3 words for you also BLEW in answer to that .....

We shall see ...

No need to be longwinded about it now, right !! ;)