1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I can always count on Dave to give it too me straight !!! :tup:
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Maybe they are what's causing the problem ???

Hmmmmm .........................

Can I order a study done on that I wonder ????

Have just spent half the morning here making phone calls to the County I lived in, in Illinois, trying to find out how one goes about getting copies of marriage and divorce certificates etc .......

Well damn, talk about FUN !!!!

First off, the little lady tells me she can't find any records of me ever being divorced !!!! :eek:, after being shuffled around to 3 or 4 different departments of the Courthouse, finally someone was able to locate a case number and record (thank farg for that, talk about nervous), thought for a second there the Ex had bullshitted all these years and never filed like she told me she had 20 years ago......................(mind you, she remarried, so I figured she had to of somewhere down the track)

Got me to thinking that I should call a few peeps from those days to see how they are doing ....................... well, 4 hours later I've caught up on all the "goss" from Edwardsville (and surrounding area's) over the last 12 years and wish I hadn't of bothered. :D

May have to try and add a quick trip out that way on my next visit, I owe a few from those days a great deal of gratitude for their looking out for me over many years......................hell, I hear a few of the "Ol' Flames" are now single again also, so what the heck, maybe I could get lucky again. ;)
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Hey BLEW, looks like one of your talents are in demand in another thread .............

You really are a "Rockstar", aren't you !!!! ;)
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    Just what I need, more "charity" work. :rolleyes:
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Figured you'd like that one ........ ;)

Now c'mon, "Tina" needs all the help he can get, consider it your "good deed for the day" if you must !! :D
  7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6
    Want me to send u some pills! :D

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    ....... why do I have no doubt you have some of those bluey's !!!! :roflmao:
  9. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6
    Blueberries are good for you!

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    I made some nice blueberry pancakes yesterday...... they had ricotta cheese added to the mix. :)
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    In your case, so are Blue Balls ..........................so what's your point ?
  12. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6
    SUV drives off Santa Cruz Wharf, lands in ocean
    Read more:[​IMG]

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. —A 16-year-old boy drove a sport utility vehicle off the Santa Cruz Wharf and plunged into the ocean Monday. The student driver, who has a learner's permit but has not passed a driver's license test yet, was behind the wheel of a Toyota 4-Runner with his father and dog as passengers.
    PHOTOS: SUV plunges off Santa Cruz Wharf
    Officials said at 10:30 a.m., the teen mixed up the break pedal with the gas pedal. He stepped on the accelerator, crashed through a fence, went zooming off the wharf and splashed into the ocean below.
    The boy and his father swam out through the SUV's sunroof and side window before swimming to safety. They were not injured.
  13. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    Happily, I avoided such a disaster as a teen driver....... only knocked a guy off his motorcycle. ;)
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    Chargers add to coaching staff

The Chargers continued to fill out Mike McCoy's new coaching staff.

They have hired Craig Aukerman as assistant special teams coach, Andrew Dees as assistant offensive line coach, Chad Grimm and Nick Sirianni as quality control coaches and Byron Storer as defensive assistant-linebackers coach.

Sirianni was the Chiefs’ receivers coach last season. Grimm is the son of Hall of Famer Russ Grimm.
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Ummmmmmmmm ..............Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Like I care about those 2 human imbeciles .......

Question !!! ....what the farg was a father doing letting his son of 16, behind the wheel on a FARGIN' WHARF in the first place ???? :confused:...... RETARD, thats why.

Screw them.........did the DOG make it ????? ........only part of the story thats concerns me. :)
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I'm sure he deserved it ....... ;)
  17. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Yeah, right, great (borrrrrrrr......ingggggg) !!!!....when's FA and the draft start ?????

Ummm, hold up .................an assistant ST's coach ?..................so we hired a ST's COACH ??? ....I must have slept through that announcement, oh well, cant say its worth losing sleep over to be honest. :eek:

What exactly do assistants do anyway ?......... I've yet to see actual position coaches (QB, Linebacker, WR, RB etc) have much of an influence as to what happens on a Sunday during gametime, let alone an assistant of those pawns.

And don't even get me started on what the farg a "Quality control" dude does ........ talk about a fancy title for nothing more than a butt-licking fetcher, comical stuff.
  18. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +325 / 11 / -6

That's what I was thinking, hey let's take a drive out on the wharf??? WTF???

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    He wasn't wearing his helmet...... his bike fell on his helmet and crunched it. Wouldn't have been much good in a real accident.

Had to buy him a new helmet though. ;)
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    For all you know, the "quality control" guy is the most important hire.

After all, you have to admit that "quality" is one thing that has been sadly laking with the organization of late. ;)
  21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    OT:

Blew Balls & Sir-Lance-Alot :)

Finally decided to go via a refurb iMac (have never had Mac computers, but figured that I can install Windows 7 64-bit [not a fan of W8] and also have an Apple OS, so best of both options perhaps?!)

Yesterday checked the clearance section of the Apple.com and by the time I was scratching my heads ;) I was beat out on a 27" iMac for $400 off of the original price (this one had better specs than the other one avail [they had two]) So I did some more heads scratching and guess what? Some other bastage bought the other one with the lower spec too (smaller graphic card) WTF! :confused:

So this AM, as soon as I saw two more appear, I jumped on an iMac 27" but even better than the other two I had missed out because this one comes with an i7 processor (other ones had i5s) running at 3.4 instead of 2.9 and 3.1 like the other two. Good things come to those who wait but do not scratch both heads for too long :D

When I checked this AM, they had 3 (the one I immediately ordered and two others with lower specs) and by the time I checked out, all three were gone :eek: So I must have beat out a bunch of other iMac horny bastages :D The 27" ones do not last but the 21.5" ones seem to stay around a bit longer ;)

In closing, I don't even know what kind of saving I got at almost $1800 for the one I ordered, but I just added a 3 year Apple Care to my cart, just in case ;) I know that it is the iMac based on May 2011 release (new ones are just coming out) but I'm guessing that the "lemon" which I bought must have a fairly recent manufacture date. We shall see! I did a lot of research which scratching my heads and everything I read, led me to believe that one couldn't go wrong with buying a refurbed iMac/iPad/iFarg directly bought from Apple as those Apple Geeks do normally do a darn good job of refurbing them and also add some extra goodies. I just elected to go for that older iMac model because of the savings and also the fact that it has its own optical drive rather than buying a modular one.

Time will tell if I did a MAJOR Jackaroo JOB (pun intended) or what not ;)
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    I think you made a wise choice, Blitzy. :tup:

You made the same decision that I did. The 2011 refurbs are a great deal, especially if you get the 3.4GHZ i7 like we did. You can also upgrade the RAM yourself for cheap.

16GB RAM (2x8) for $89.99: http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Appl...re i7 (27-inch - DDR3) Mid 2011-upgrades.html
  23. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 8 / -0
    Afternoon guys, and LG of course.......... under a tornado watch right know........weird to be over 70 degrees in Jan.
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    We?! :eek:

You slipped there BB ;) Was that a Royal "we" or is Fred your defacto graphics guru? :D

P.S. Seriously though, thanks a BUNCH for all your help and great suggestions in this matter :tup:
  25. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  26. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    [​IMG]

The 3.4GHZ i& was a $200 option, so if you add that to the base model at $1,999.99, you saved a bit of money...... especially if you got a better graphics card (or more RAM) as well. My refurb came looking brand new, and it's been perfect from a user standpoint. I like having the optical drive, and I still use the firewire ports, so I'm happy with the 2011 model. They also had time to work all the bugs out. Anything brand new will inevitably have a few with problems.
  27. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 8 / -0
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    I find it even more amusing that he thinks no one is "qualified" to ask those questions of him. :roflmao:
  29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +238 / 16 / -2
    The graphic card is 1GB, the RAM is the standard smallish 4GB and the HD is 1 TB @ 7200. I reckon I saved around $400 as compared to if had ordered new back then plus I don't have to monkey around with an external optical drive. I think that spending a part of the "savings" on an Apple Care 3-Yr plan was a worthwhile insurance policy.
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,679 / 44 / -26
    OK, you didn't get the 2GB graphics card, but that was a surprise for me when it arrived. The one I ordered was only listed as a 1GB card. You'll occasionally get a higher spec machine than you ordered. I also had the 4GB stock RAM, but I added the 16GB (2x8) to the other two open slots..... it's easy to install RAM on the iMac. For only $90 extra, you boost the RAM all the way up to 20GB. Well worth it for the price.