1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Not sure I'd compare Spikes to Junior on too many levels mate, but I understand where your going.

Plus, it certainly helps when you have a Coach who understands the game and how a player should and can be used in the twilight of his career, for the benefit of the team........ Norf never showed any ability to undertsand that philosphy at all........................ LT never being used as a decoy RB once the wheels had lost some air and used as a scatback receiver is a perfect example of that.

But No, fair call, farg, his neck alone is probably worth a 1 year deal if nothing else.......

That thing has veins in it thicker than my arms. :eek:
  2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Jack has the same reaction first thing in the morning. :D
  4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Oh I dunno! He's too old these days to run away from his own reflection, so I think that he now faints like a fainting old goat that he's become :D
  5. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Chargers get out of the Atari Bigby business
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
    [​IMG]
    Add another veteran defensive back to the discard pile.
    The Chargers announced Friday afternoon that they have cut safety Atari Bigby. He joins Dawan Landry, Aaron Ross and Chris Gamble as experienced secondary players cut loose by teams opening up cap and roster space ahead of free agency.
    Bigby started the first 11 games of the season for the Chargers, but missed the final five after going on injured reserve with a groin injury. He spent the 2011 season with the Seahawks and played for Green Bay for the first six years of his career. He turns 32 in September, an age that should keep him from ranking too high on anyone’s shopping list for safety help in what’s looking like a fairly deep market at the position.
    The Chargers will save $1.5 million under the cap by parting ways with Bigby. They used Corey Lynch and rookie Brandon Taylor in Bigby’s place after the injury. Taylor, a third-round pick in 2012, would be in the mix for the starting job but may be sidelined into the season after tearing his ACL in December.
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Atari Bigby released. Chargers will not bring back Antoine Cason. Quentin Jammer likely gone … Changes in secondary will rival those on OL
    — UTKevinAcee (@UTKevinAcee) March 8, 2013
  7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    We have some young up and comers already on the roster who may or may not fix the DB gaps - not so on the O-line...

Funny, Bronco Billy Williamson brought up someone today I hadn't been considering and made a little sense in doing so - (see D’Alessandris connection) - that latter part just worries hell out of me. I'm not supposed to nod my head up and down on *anything* Williamson writes... ;)

San Diego Chargers: Andy Levitre, G, Bills: Levitre is one of the best guards in the league. He will be sought after in free agency. But if the price is not through the roof, I think the Chargers will be a player for his services. The Chargers’ primary task this offseason is to improve the offensive line. Levitre would be a great start. Levitre, who is from California, likely would be interested in signing and reuniting with former Buffalo offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris, who was just hired by the Chargers. He has a zone-blocking scheme. San Diego coach Mike McCoy said the Chargers will run the scheme that best fits the players, and I'm sure D’Alessandris would like to reunite with Levitre to help introduce his system. The Chargers’ best offensive lineman, guard Louis Vasquez, is also free. In the best-case scenario, San Diego would be able to keep both players, but it’s difficult to put top resources into two guards, especially with the team needing a left tackle. But because Levitre has experience in D’Alessandris’ system, I could see him being a more valued target than Vasquez.
  8. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    Got my 1st account today on my 1st days out on my own!

I feel bad they were with my old company since 1997 :D
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    How gullible do you think we are? :laugh:
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    His name has been tossed around by others..... seems like a logical enough target. I don't believe in overpaying to keep Vasquez anyway.
  11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 11 / -6
    That's why I used the big grin! :tup:

Too bad the tank sits on a cross street that can be seen by all who pass by!

Oh YES it felt GOOD! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Good news about Cason .................... just as I said 3 years ago, this guy lacked in every department that you'd expect out of a good honest CB, another hugely disappointing, underachieving #1 draft pick.............................farg me, Merriman, Cromartie, Busted, Cason, English, Mathews ........2006 through 2011 #1 picks..........and yet Spanos kept AJ around, through what in hindsight, has to rank as some of the alltime worst drafting in the history of the NFL, without doubt.

Now, anyone here still doubting why we are in a world of hurt these days ????

Good, didn't think so. ;)

Ohhhhhh...........................and can somebody tell me WHY on earth Jammer SHOULDN'T be given a chance to play Safety for this team ???? ......................seriously, could he be any worse than what has been tried there for the last 6 years ?..................Farg NO he couldn't.
  13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Jack, Merriman was not initially a bust of a pick! Although I paralleled him with Boz just yesterday, it was more in the context of his antics, lying, cheating & sheethead ways as a person than a player. Let us agree on the fact that he terrorized the league for 2 1/2 years and got away for his juicing for at least that long. Of course I would have much rather taken Ware, but if AJ had passed on SM after Ware was already gone, I am sure that for those 2-3 years the Fans would have been screaming for AJ's head. It is my opinion that SM was the best player available at that pick spot according to our needs, so his pick was not a tough call to make. How he screwed the Chargers and the debacle of SM and FO after the facts, well, is another story.

Out of the Motley Crew which you had mentioned, only Larry English was not on any draftnik's radar as a round # 1 pick, so he was definitely a reach. The others were all projected to go in round # 1, but just like any draft, players rise and fall within a few spots. I mean who is that KC wanker DE who we were (Shammy was) big on a few years ago when he was projected to go in the middle and then KC took him way up there around #5? The point is that, this sheet happens. One of my big issues with AJ (among others) was as to for what farging reason, he had this panache for drafting well-known and well documented injury prone players???

Well in any case, the LONR is gone and the Organization must now deal with the aftermath of the #1 picks during his tenure. Ironically his 2012 draft may very well have a redeeming quality about it ;)
  14. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    I think we can believe that it will totally be up to the $ v/s perceived value on both of them. ;)
  15. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +974 / 2 / -2
    :confused: Jack forgot all about our WR "Bust-er" Davis in 2007? :eek:

Edited: Oh, he did say "Busted". ;)
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    why would anyone pay, let alone overpay for a player like Vaseline, who has shown absolutely nothing that suggests he'll be anything other than a warm body (and even that's debatable) during his tenure thus far ?????

Let him walk, no loss whatsoever as long as they go after someone who has at least shown a willingness to succeed........
  17. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42

Hahahahahaha ..... You should know me better than that by now Dave ........ How could anyone who cares a smidgen, forget any of those hacks over the years ?????

It almost become a game of sorts as to who would be the next "Ryan Leaf" when it came around to late April, if you are a Charger fan.

Now that its all in the past and his career can be fully observed without bias, it really is quite comical just how bad a GM he truly was .......

Saddest thing about that though ....... The guy that kept him around and stood by him every single year without hesitation, is STILL calling the shots and therein lies the true reason this franchise will continue to struggle.
  18. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42

Doesn't matter about what he was "initially" mate, the simple, facts are that he cost us BIG TIME in the long run and when it was finally all over, he cost us more than he was worth........ Lets not forget the money he drained out while not even on the field.

So 2 1/2 years of 'roided play means he gets a pass ???? .....not in my books, guy was a bust and a cheat who thought he could beat the system, when that didn't pan out he just talked a good story and fooled anyone who'd listen (and God knows there were plenty of those, weren't there).

For a Franchise to NOT get 3 years of reliable service outta 6 consecutive # 1 draft picks is nothing short of criminal, so someone tell me why any of us should put any faith in The Spanos clan to suddenly turn this thing around ????
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    I don't think that many people had Buster graded as a 1st round pick. He was a reach too, just not quite as much as English, since he at least played for a major program.
  20. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    I still remember reading that the Colts really wanted Busted Davis (he worked with the Mannings running routes with them) and they were picking after us. AJ "out smarted" the Colts and picked Davis, since his coveted pick, a certain Robert Meacham, was picked by the Saints who picked in front of the Chargers. The Colts picked Anthony Gonzales instead, since AJ had already taken Davis. The word on Busted was that he was faster than the other WRs who were projected to go toward the bottom of the draft and was the most polished.

I am not defending the decision, just stating what I had read and what I dredged up on the Net. An awful and stinky mess now, after the facts.
  21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Of course he cost us BIG TIME, but my contention was that he was not a prototypical AJ reach. He was the best player avail at that position for that need and many other teams would have taken him too, if they were in that exact spot with that need. Picking SM was not a colossal clusterfarg, but it just happens that he truly farged the Team along the way with his well documented shenanigans. Having a truly sheety team physician didn't help us either ;)
  22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Oh sheet, when the heck did I turn into a Lance protege?! :roflmao:

Where is that bugger? I miss him :D
  23. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    P.S. This we completely agree on :)
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    That would indeed by my reaction ........ luckily for me I dont see a mirror that early, becoming wiser over the years has at least taught me that much.
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    Nicely played Ol' Fella ........ give 'em the 'back half' as often as possible.
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    I agree BLEW, at the time for memory, there werent to many of us overly thrilled about the choice, the fact that he was a Buddy Nix LSU alum, set the bells a ringin' yet again, plus the fact that he was a huge reach at that spot simply based upon his inability to stay fit, which as it turned out, was more than a genuine concern expressed by alot of us at the time.
  27. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    Evening gents.
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42

I hear ya .......no it wasnt a colossal clusterfarg at the time, but my point being that after he tested positive , he was still treated with kid gloves by everyone associated within the organisation, instead of being pulled in line like he should have been.

He dictated to them as to how things would work and it was one disaster after another from that point on and never at any stage did anyone in the franchise sit his arse down and say ...... "Hey Shawne, this is how, as an employee of this franchise, YOU are going to proceed".....

No one had the balls to stand up to the guy and it was a major reason and start of the decline, that see's us now in the position we are, which was what I wwas trying to get at back in the days with all those that were totally "adoring of this Adonis" and refused to see or believe.

They are still out there to this day blaming everyone else for his shortcomings, be it Jeff Fischer, MJD, or the Man on the Moon ....... farg me drunk people, its called accountability, the one thing the guy NEVER in his life has faced up too and its now cost him what could have been a sensational career and lifestyle, most of us could only ever dream about.

Farg feeling sorry for the likes of him and your Lance Armstrongs of the world ......... Nothing but Illusionists, disguised as sportsmen, ripping the people off, no better than the Madoff's or Enron's of the world' yet we give them a pass simply based on the fact that they did it while competing in a Sport .....

Well not me, Ill never forget or forgive any of the bastards who have rorted the games for the sake of their own self importance and gains through legal methods........ farg 'em all.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    I believe Lance may be taking a well earned rest ........ plus the fact that his "favorites" not being able to live up to his lofty standards, thus making his predictions rather null & void, may have something to do with his absence as well.... ;)
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +800 / 54 / -42
    well thank farg for that ....... I was starting to worry about you...... ;)

It really is hard to believe, even in hindsight, that this franchise farg'd the pooch SO BADLY, for SO LONG and didn't react till it did.

If that alone doesn't alert the greatest Spanos enabler to his cluelessness of how NOT to run a team, then I have no idea what to tell you .....