1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Hey X man ......hows it hangin' ?

You havent been out Hoonin' in that new beast, have you ????
  2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    I will address this excerpt and this was the main reason:

In his rookie year in 2005, not initially as a starter, but as he cracked the starting lineup after week # 6, he recorded 10 sacks. His best game was against the Colts when he recorded 2 sacks and one was Manning's sack for a loss on 4th and goal. Merriman was awarded the DROY that year and was a Pro-Bowl nominee.

In 2006, he recorded 17 sacks and he was the single season NFL sack leader with 17 sacks, despite serving a 4 game suspension for violating NFL's anti-steroid policy (his lawyers vehemently fought Mortensen's report citing tainted supplements as the culprit) He was 3rd in voting for DPOY (Jason Taylor won and if you remember SM sent JT a box of popcorn because Miami did not make the POs) and the NFL's "Merriman Rule" came to pass, although The Commish was quick to state that the player had tested negatively 19 times out of the 20 tests. If you also recall, the frenzied homer fans were predicting a SM 20+ sack for the 2007 season :eek:

In 2007, Merriman still recorded a very respectable 12.5 sack season and he had the highest sack tally from 2005 through 2007 with one full sack ahead of Jason Taylor in that time period. During the SM's era of prowess, his solo tackles, assists, forced fumbles, QB rushes and INTs were also very impressive so much so that he was named to PB in three consecutive years. That is why I had stated in my earlier post that he terrorized the league during those short 3 years.

Merriman put arses in the seats during his golden years and it was the almighty $ which was his most effective weapon and shield. The Organization was not that stupid not to recognize his antics but as usual, morality lost out to profiteering. I can't be bothered to look at his cap figures to see as to why he wasn't cut in 2008 when all the shenanigans with him and not electing for surgery was going down prior to the training camp, but hindsight is always 20-20.

An organization like the Chargers who has never won the Big One, doesn't have the kind of leverage and clout to deal with a Periah player such as SM, as opposed to a pedigree organization with a winning record. Until then, do not be surprised a bit if history keeps repeating itself ;)
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    Only one left to go....... ;)

[​IMG]
  4. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    Bit of a head scratcher to me.......

Report: No high tender expected for Danario Alexander
    Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 9, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
    The Chargers are not expected to tender wide receiver Danario Alexander at the first- or second-round level in restricted free agency, Adam Caplan of TheSidelineView.com reported Saturday morning. Instead, it’s likely they will give him the lowest RFA tender, Caplan reported.
    The 6-foot-5, 212-pound Alexander was an exceptional in-season addition for San Diego in 2012, catching 37 passes for 658 yards and seven TDs in just 10 games for the Chargers. He ranks No. 57 in PFT’s list of the top 100 free agents in the Class of 2013.
    It is unclear why the Chargers apparently won’t give Alexander a higher RFA tender. He has had a history of left knee issues (though, it should be noted, he didn’t miss a game for San Diego in 2012).
    An undrafted free agent in 2010, Alexander would have to be tendered at the first- or second-round level for the Chargers to receive any draft-pick compensation were he to sign an offer sheet that they declined to match. A high tender might also have dampened the market for Alexander, considering the value of draft choices. However, that hurdle doesn’t appear to be in place. The question now is whether a team makes Alexander an offer.
  5. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    I blame Jared Gaither ;)
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Im not doubting or arguing for one second that he wasn't a force* or responsible for putting arses on seats Poofessoria, for that he definitely was ....... But the fact he did that by cheating, of which I have said since the day it was reported back in 06 or whenever, cast the first stone of doubt from that day forth as to what we were really seeing perform these feats of greatness.

As it would turn out to be ( in my adjudication anyway) was nothing but what a roided out player was capable of, not one playing on his natural ability and thus began the questions and subsequent spiral thereafter.

Why he wasn't cut in 08 was because all those FO wankers let him tell them how the asylum was going to run and them backing down to his every word, quite simple really.......

The fact he only tested positive once is of NO interest to me at all and shouldn't be an excuse anyone can use after the entire debacle that was Lance Armstrong and before that, any number of phony baseball pastimers who broke every record in baseball that was ever worth a damn ...... simply put, all those records are nothing but shams and should be excluded from the history books, no need for asterisks or whatever, we all are now fully aware they are a crock of shite.

I've been saying for years now that any Dr/sports scientist worthy of running a dirty operation in the first place, would also be intelligent enough to stay ahead of the detecting agencies or he'd soon be out of business .....therefore you'd be pretty naive (as has been the case with the majority of general sports fan) to think they also aren't coming up with masking agents to cover their tracks, wouldn't you think ???

Have a quick peek at headlines in the Sydney Telegraph Yesty, today, last week etc ...... Dominated by headlines about PEDs and what it is currently doing and affecting the huge business of Rugby League ...... Looks like at least one team (word is, at least 2 others are going down also) is going to lose 14 of its 23 man roster (for at least 2 years mind you) on the eve of the first game of the season, thus virtually ensuring it of the death penalty over there... ...... it's unbelievable it's got to this stage, when the Country's highest authority on anything to do with Organised Crime is involved (Australian Crime Commission), who have the powers to indict, suspend, jail, wiretape the criminals involved....... It's well past the point of a slap on the wrist, let me tell you.

Those folks don't get involved if its about a bloke smoking a joint in his lounge room, this is some serious shite facing all our top ranking sporting codes and Im sure their are many guys sweating bullets presently just wondering when the knock at the door is coming......and for those that say its all a media exaggerated beat up !!!!!........ Patience doubters, you won't have a leg to stand on shortly, need proof ? .....go have a word with Lance and see what life looks like from looking over your shoulder 24/7 !!!!
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    It's coming .......he's as good as gone, bank on it.

So, how wrong was I again about ...Never winning anything with this bunch of overhyped all stars ???????

Bet there aren't to many of those past antagonists about these days BLEW, who are willing to admit they were wrong. ;)
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42

I was gonna approach this exact subject on my return, but you beat me to it Poofessoria, nicely done. (oooops, sorry, BLEW)

Ill watch this one with interest in the next few weeks .........so what again is the "low tender" ?????.......seeing as he wasn't a drafted player to begin with !!!!!
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Hahahahahahahaha ........ The Ol, "once bitten, twice shy" theory huh Poofessoria !!!!! (Or in AJs case..... Bitten MANY MANY times and still clueless)

Not saying this is an easy call for the FO........ Kid has had a history of "major injury" problems throughout his College and Pro career, so due diligence is indeed called for here.

I really have no idea of what the correct thing to do in this situation would be to be honest, both sides have some leverage so it's gonna be interesting to see which way it goes.
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Damn !!!!......this heat down here is getting the better of me .....

Mixing up BLEW and POOFESSORIA's posts now ..... this isn't good at all.
  11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +341 / 11 / -6

Not like I would say anything! :roflmao:
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Hey "Corpsie".......................who asked for your opinion anyway ????? .......:whistling: ;)
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    So, how was the first week mate ?

Fill us in on what happened and how many customers you swayed away from the Ol' employer ???
  14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +341 / 11 / -6
    The owner wanted me to be paired up all week maybe two weeks with different departments.
    Left me to get it all scheduled..... no one had time for me on Friday so I asked to hit the road to sell something! Took a bit of talking but he let me go!
    Got my account by 10:30 am then got called to check on a few things for the service dept..... Drove over 180 miles, easy day! I'll be in the office most of next week working with his daughter on a marketing plan for residential propane and gasoline......

It looks like as long as I bring in residential accounts I'll be on my own!:D:D:D
    residential propane account = profit! :tup:
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    It looks like the new regime isn't willing to take risks on players with an extensive injury history.
  16. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    Doesn't sound too promising for Rygina ;)
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    You'd hate for him to get "bounced" from the team...... [​IMG]
  18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    Professional sports are far more tainted with PEDs than your average unsuspecting fan would like to believe. Heck, the drug use and abuse is now starting at the high school level barely right after puberty. It is a dirty, dirty subject but many people love to sit in front of their TVs or attend games, while both idolizing and fantasizing about their teams and athletes. It is a great form of entertainment, escapism from reality at times combined with exhilarating adrenaline rush. The science of "performance" is always going to be a few steps ahead of the enforcement protocol. We are all a part of that hierarchy and are responsible for a part of the blame as long as we follow these sports, because some of us are quite aware as to what it going on, more so than the aforementioned others. Sad but true.
  19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    I believe the term previously used was "drop bombed"? Oh, I forgot!
  20. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Well, sounds like you had quite an enjoyable first week then ....................

Im a little concerned about the "working with his daughter"thingy though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the "big" head thinking straight and dont allow the "little" head to distract you. :D
  21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    I'm cracking open Season II of A Game of Thrones. Just finished re-watching Season I (both ordered from Amazon) Season III commencing on HBO on 3/31. Much better to watch these the second and the third time around as there are so many complexities to the characters and the plots/sub-plots. I'm not a big fan of reading books, specially voluminous fantasy books, so I have to keep my focus on the motion picture arts format. I highly recommend these HBO series adaptation of the George RR Martin's masterpiece :)
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    And here, I thought Barry Bonds' noggin grew three sizes naturally. ;)
  23. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Agree on all levels ....... :tup:

Just wish that more people were a little less naive in their "worshipping" and willingness to forgive so quickly, that alone gives todays athletes a get out of jail card, far to often and also gives these guys the idea that its OK to do the PED thing also.
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    hehehehehehe, you mean that overly-ripe watermelon thingy he calls a head ?????

Im surprised he hasn't been invited to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade yet ............................as one of those "Floaty's" that is.

Maybe his head wouldn't fit betwen the buildings without causing structual damage ????
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    Ive heard great things about that show .....................may have to catch it here when it comes on one of the lesser known channels from Season 1.
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +799 / 54 / -42
    I wanna know when the term "copped an arse-whooping" became politically incorrect ???? :cautious:
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,759 / 47 / -26
    More importantly, it features an impressive amount of T&A for a big budget production. ;)
  28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    Barry was an original user of "Deer Antler" but here came the big problem:

He had this overwhelming urge to grind his overgrown noggin against the big No. Cal birch trees and at times he just froze in his driveway, while his mistresses pulled in with the high beams on ;)

P.S. Oh wait! I think I am confused with RayRay? :confused:
  29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    Jack would be pleased to know that they also parade some meaty corks ;)
  30. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +254 / 17 / -2
    You cheap bastage! Now that you are earning an honest living, live a little and splurge a few Shillings on a DVD, would Ya? Gawd! With peep like you, the ideal of trickle down (piss) economics is just a mere still-born theorem :D