1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +344 / 11 / -6
    Still FOS! ...... I see....... :D

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    The Galaxy S4 it's bigger!!!....... 5" instead of 4.8". It is quite an innovation in smart phone design. ;)

Samsung Galaxy S IV Hands On: Everything New Is Old Again

Overall Impressions
    There has been a ton of hype and build-up to this device, and ultimately, it left us feeling cold. The S IV feels uninspired. There are small spec bumps from the previous generation and there's a ton of software which will largely sit unused. There's just no wow-factor here.
  3. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Chargers have signed Danny Woodhead.
  4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    Stop flattering yourself in an "AJ" fashion, because you are not that smart, Yer Neanderthal Orange colored Man-Beast :D

Some of us, need a smart phone for our business purposes, because iPad (tablets in general) is not as versatile in terms of portability. I'm still on my iPhone 4 and will wait till this Summer for an iPhone 5S, at the end of my 2 year contract expiration. Other than that, I like the build quality of Apple over Samsung, which is just a personal preference, rather than being a card carrying member of Apple vs Galaxy fanboy club ;)
  5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    If I didn't know better, Id say that sounds a little facetious !!!!!
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    Right you are, son. ;)

Chargers sign Danny Woodhead
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
    The Patriots held onto cornerback Kyle Arrington, but another one of the team’s free agents has flown the coop.
    Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com reports that running back Danny Woodhead has agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the Chargers. He’ll join Ryan Mathews in the Chargers backfield and, if past usage is any indication, he’ll also play a role as a receiver for Philip Rivers. If things work out perfectly, he’ll give San Diego’s offense some of what they’ve missed since Darren Sproles left for New Orleans and provide new head coach Mike McCoy with a versatile weapon on offense.
    New England was thought to have some interest in a Woodhead return, but the addition of Leon Washington might have taken up the roster spot and role that Woodhead filled in recent seasons. With Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen also in New England, heading to San Diego probably offered Woodhead a shot at more playing time anyway in 2013.
    Regardless of who winds up replacing him, the departure of Woodhead is another sign that the Patriots are looking to shuffle the deck this season after falling short in the AFC Championship Game.
    UPDATE 2:25 p.m. ET: The Chargers have announced the deal.
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Sorry, but your a flag-waving, card-carrying Apple loving fanboy, whether you admit it or not.

Don't be embarrassed to admit you say a little pray every night for Steve Jobs before spanking the monkey, ya bastard.

As for being compared to AJ ........ That may well rank up there with the greatest slags ever delivered my way, I feel dirty now.
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Like the Pecker-Head signing, tough, durable, hard-running kid.

He won't be the difference in winning games, but adds some toughness to an offence that shows very little of that attribute.

Certainly not an every down player though, so if Ryno goes down again ( a surer bet than the Pope being Catholic that one), we will still have problems in the running game, so would like to see another "bigger back" signed, but can't see that happening anytime soon.
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    He's a 3rd down option, like we used to have in Sproles. Woodhead is no Mathews replacement.
  10. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    Never looked the same after the car wreck...... was once a handsome lad. ;)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

Ohhhhhh shite and neither is Ronnie Brown who has just been resigned for another year .......

Another year of watching an inferior and substandard running game lies ahead, better pray like a fervant religious zealot that Fillup is ready to revisit the glory days or its gonna be another long, dull season ahead.
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    What car wreck ????? .........Ive never been in car wreck !!!!!!!! :D
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    I don't think we're done rebuilding the backfield, Jack. There's time left in free agency, and there's still the draft, you know. ;)
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    Amusing that the Donkey's didn't get the fax on Dumervil....... should've sent it pony express instead. ;)
  16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 2 / -2
    Ronnie Brown was probably vet minimum and makes good sense to me - Danny Woodhead, despite his fan popularity, is another head-scratcher for me. Have to hope the new crew knows what they are doing because I certainly don't.
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    I like Danny, the guy is productive in his role, is tough, and has a nose for the yard marker. He's also a great locker room guy. He may not be Sproles in his prime, but he's a good pass option, with more ability to get yards after the catch than Ronnie Brown.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    Garay to the Jets...... at least, he'll have a better chance finding a parking spot in Manhattan with his Hello Kitty car. ;)
  19. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 2 / -2
    I just read a short article on the U-T that reminds us we may (finally) see PR running the no-huddle under Wiz. If that becomes a reality, then having both Brown and Woodcock makes a ton of sense. I have to get past watching Norval's offense for so many years and accept things are going to be significantly different this year - and that ain't a bad thang IMHO....
  20. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 2 / -2
    That is one FA pickup I will NEVER regret having in lightning bolts. Wish him all the best. ;)
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    Yeah, I expect to see a very different offense this year. McCoy definitely believes in the RB by committee approach, so Mathews will have help.
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,774 / 47 / -26
    In other news, Microsoft has sold a whopping 1.5 million of it's Surface tablets..... that's the RT and Pro versions combined. The RT launched in October, the Pro version in January.

I can see why the press was calling it a possible "iPad killer" when they launched. :laugh:
  23. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    There ya go again being facetious ......... Gatesy must be sitting around home these days shaking in his undies I bet. ;)
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

Well you'd certainly hope NOT BLEW !!!!!

Hell, I could see the Little Women of Colombus University having a better running attack than ours at present.

But the signing of Brown doesn't suggest to me, we'll be setting any records in '13 either, the guy is just plain vanilla these days, which contrasts well with the rest of the team mind you !!!! :)
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    So rather than tell me what's happened, I guess I need go look it up huh ????

thanks for nuttin' ya cork teaser !!!!
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Not sure what "vet minimum" has to do with anything, if the guy brings nada to the table Dave, might as well play a kid for minimum wage if that's the logic, Browns best days are so far back in the rear vision mirror, you certainly don't need to worry about an indicator when making a pass.

I'd rather have had Peckerhead than Hester during his tenure, no question whatsoever, similar types, but Pecker is far more productive in the catching and yards gained than Hester could ever wish to be .......

I like the signing alot, in fact Id say its the best signing thus far by quite some distance, the others are total "Meh" signings, that I sincerely doubt, will help our cause whatsoever.
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Good for him .....isn't that where we got him from back in the day ????
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    A day late and a $ short ......... Yep, that describes this franchise to a tee !!!!!

Can't see what's to lose at this stage, go for it I say, Fillup certainly needs to try something to get his head back in the game.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

Help as in ........A sling (or two possibly), a pair of crutches, a sideline defibulator, a game tutor, a sideline ice bath...... did I miss anything ????? :D
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Oh my ........ Elvis needs to get himself a new agent by the sound of things !!!!!!

How fargin' old is the Colonel these days anyway ?????

Didn't he have dementia back in about 1975 ??????