1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 48 / -26
    As long as I haven't completely lost touch. :D

2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    If such a thing ever happens, you can always count on Jack to guide you back to the promiseland :D

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 48 / -26
    A walkabout to nowhere. ;)

4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    The road to nowhere often ends up taking you somewhere.

Oh no, it's the other way around! :roflmao:

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I think you took my post a little to literally my Man, not for a second am I suggesting you go out and sign a bunch of old timers at the same time, but the odd one or two certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if the team wants to remain relative or else end up like the 0-16 Lions a few years back....... If you have zero leadership among the ranks, who exactly do these "young" studs learn the ropes from ?????

To propose that a rebuilding period means only having cheap and young players on your squad, guarantees nothing but a losing culture to develop, which will inevitably lead to a long and dreary place at the bottom of the table, which personally, I don't wish to see the older I become.

This "Youth movement" sounds all good and well in theory, but on the field of play is an entirely different beast altogether, you honestly think the fans of this team are going to rally around and stick fat for another 5 years of sub 500 seasons, with prospect of moving and no stadium deal still a pipe dream ?????
    History shows us that won't be the case, now if they'd won something of significance when they should of, that idea may have indeed had some merit, but not after what we've had to endure the last 5 seasons under Norf and AJ, the huge majority of this fan base wants some type of success immediately, even if that's only something along the lines of an AFC Championship, which for memory, you used to think meant a "winning, successful season", did it not ???

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Way to many syllables in this one to even bother ....... My head hurts now after "attempting" to decipher that clusterfarg of verbs and adjectives. :)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Might be time to ditch the "skinny, model looking only" wanted poster you have erected in the front yard ( and ya pants), you silly Ol fool......

May well be that time of life where you ..... "Take whatever is on offer" and Thank your lucky stars for even that much. ;)

8. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Farg if I know what that sheet means! I just Googled JGF and it just came up, so I simply plagiarized like I'd normally do :D

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Hmmmmmm ..... So the guessing game continues I see.

Ex JNCPer perhaps ????

I gave our past a revisit last night (yes, I was really bored) ...... Seems there aren't to many of the old faces frequenting the CMB OT these days ...... Guess making Gooey a MOD did have its desired effect afterall. :D

10. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Not a chance!

Blitzy = DHV + high SMV

Jackie = DLV + low SMV

Just two contrasting Worlds, Yer Wanker ;)

P.S. By the same token that you got lucky once or twice by going against your own grain, I ended up getting harrowing nightmares, when I foolishly subscribed to your principles in the past :D

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

If you need a hint, just ask, that's what friends are for ......

It's between your legs (male or female from what I recall)

Your Welcome..... ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Maybe we'll come across a Dingo or two on our adventures ????

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    You listening to Talking Heads this arvo ?????

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Don't you just love the Internet, makes life so much easier ...... ;)

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    I'm still not available to FT with you this "arvo" ;)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Where's the DIVA in my column ?????? :)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Why NOT ?????

Seems like you have plenty of spare time on your hands at present !!!!!

.... And it is my Burfdey afterall. ;)

18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Even a fool gets lucky once a while ;)

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Don't you want to do some more rants about the recent signings? I've just started to get back into this with amusement :)

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Just reading that Matt Forte is complaining about a rule change that would penalise RBs who "lead with their helmet !!!!

What ????? ........ So only defensive players should be held accountable and offensive players can continue to use their heads as a weapon ????

yeah, good thinking Matt, another example of the intellect of many NFLers on display right there.

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Isn't that all it takes though ????? :)

Even I know to never look a gift horse in the mouth my friend. ;)

The pasture only stays green for so long mate.... :)

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 48 / -26
    Well, you said you have to spend money to get quality players, and we aren't in the big money free agency camp right now.

Sure, we can keep a guy like Brown, even though he's older, because he still has value as a pass blocker and he's cheap. We aren't in the market for the Woodson, Freeney, or Reed type player. Veteran leadership doesn't have to come from top dollar players, you know.

Sure, we might not be very good for a year or two, but once we've unloaded all of AJ's crap cap nightmare, we'l be in a good position to improve and contend again. We have to do the tough purge first though. There really isn't a pain free method to rebuilding an NFL franchise.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    what's to "rant" about ????

We have signed a couple of "backup types" at best, hardly worthy of a rant I would imagine, or are you of the belief they are "game-changers" ?????

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    On that we can agree ....... But seriously, was the Spikes hiring a good one now in hindsight ???? ...he was relatively cheap, had experience and leadership qualitys, but did he help our cause in his two years or just allow us to tread water ????

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 48 / -26
    Spikes wasn't a bunch of money originally, but he's too old and expensive now. When we got him, we thought we were still contending for the division and the playoffs. We're not in that position right now.

Other than Peyton suddenly going down, I don't see how this Chargers team could possibly win the division. Even the Chiefs may improve enough to leave as battling with the Raiders for cellar dweller honors.

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Oh there's no way known we compete for quite awhile if your being honest about it, Ill be quite astounded if we have a better W/L record than the Raiders this upcoming season.

By the way, WHO exactly thought we were contending 2 seasons ago ???? ...................what asylum they in ??? :D

27. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    The Chiefs have been loading up with talent because of their constant high drafting positions. They remind me a lot of 49ers which had the talent, but never the structure nor the discipline. Although I am not quite sure that Andy Reed brings that to their Organization, I believe that the Chiefs are far more talented and better positioned than the Chargers to even challenge the Broncos for the top position, specially after the acquisition of Alex Smith.

At this point, I see the Divi like this: Broncos > Chiefs > Chargers > Raiders.

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    The BS which they were sold on, i.e, "just get to the POs and then anything may be possible" The fallacy of us getting into the POs during the years when we were loaded up with AJ's crap, was because of a much crappier Divi. Some fans just liked to feast on that sheet. Hindsight is always 20-20, but some of us knew that our window of prowess was closed and shut after the 2007 season. The rest was just fodder!

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Theres no doubt that the Chiefs have surpassed us (on paper anyway) in the talent on the field stakes, although I'm of the same belief in regards to Reid, game seems to have passed him by in my opinion.

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Anyone with a half a brain who bought into that philosophy deserves all the angst they are now confronted with ...........

I think the term "Lemmings" comes to mind in this instance. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1