1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    He's had his share of injuries, so the only question is how long his body holds up....... if healthy, he's a very good pickup for them.

2. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    At least Jack can agree with this one....... ;)

[​IMG]

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
  4. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Depends ..............

Are we talking the Human or Edible type ?

Come to think of it ......... really doesn't matter, does it !!!!

YEAH, farg both of them. :tup:

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
  6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Well, as in (many) past years, you don't need to be a so called Football junkie to figure out what this team lacks and needs the most ....... Talent on the Line of scrimmage (moreso the O than the D these days) has been and continues to be the constant downfall of the FO evaluators ......................now will that change with a new GM and Coach ?......well we'd all like to think so, but these days who knows anything, we all thought beyond a certainty that we'd draft BEEF in the last 4 years and that hasnt happened, so before we slot this one in as a gimme, just remember one thing ............

Spanos Juniour is alive and kickin' .......................and GOD FORBID, has an even greater say in who should be drafted ............

There now, that brings everyone back to reality in a hurry, doesn't it !!! :D

NEVER be shocked by anything this franchise does .........................if you still are by now, then you deserve to feel like shite, afterall, you are a Masochist remember. ;)

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    What's the highest pick AJ used on the O-line? Wasn't it a 2nd rounder of old Marcus "spinal stenosis" McNeill? He used a 3rd rounder on Vasquez, and besides that, all were later round flyers. Clary was a 6th, if memory serves.

Most teams build from the inside out, and use their top picks on the lines....... AJ thought he could do it on the cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I believe you have it spot on with those accounts and numbers ................ cheap IS, exactly what it implies and we as Charger fans, have been worn down over the years to believe that we could somehow overcome our weak links, simply by our strong one's .........................unfortunately, that strategy rarely (if ever) works in a Professional sport with todays mentality.

No doubt our "greats" were exactly that, but our "weak links" were always exposed by superior coaches and thus led to us underwhelming year after year ..............

Now its finally caught up with us over the past few years and will in all likelyhood, remain that way for the immediate future (at least a few seasons I would imagine, how draft picks turn out will be the defining factor ofcourse).

I hold no expectations at the moment, which does relieve some of the tension of supporting what is deemed to be a contender, doesn't mean I wont take as much interest though, in fact, any win will probably excite me more than many have in the past few years, simply because they were expected.

Looking forward to see how this new FO goes about things, I wish them luck having the ownership they do to work with, that in itself will be a major obstacle to overcome, let alone the lack of player talent currently assembled.

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    Hard for them old shaggers like Jacko to change their ways eh?

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I have just finished reading the Walt Sweeney book, "Off Guard", that Deev bought for my birthday. (in 4 days too, that is quite remarkable for a guy who's probably read 6 books in his entire life)

Amazing to think he lived as long as he did was my first thought .............................. interesting arguement the one about ha and the NFL ................... not sure who is right in that one .....................truth beknown, both are probably more guilty than innocent and there are NO winners, thats the only certain thing out of all that.

Glad I never got into all that shite, didnt then and doesn't now sound like much fun to me.

11. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    ERmmm... Jack, you do realize that most of us HAVEN'T read the book and therefore haven't got a clue what you are talking about other than it had to do with Walt Sweeney? :roflmao:

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    If you don't believe me, just ask KIWI ......... :D

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Ohhhh, sorry Dave, I thought it was kind of a well known fact what Sweeney's life was all about .........................well I won't spoil it for anyone out there who may want to read it for themselves.

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    [​IMG]

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Fify :p

16. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Who is up for some storytelling by long winded old bastage Jack? :D

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I haven't a leg to stand on either ya bastage ........

What ?....................they don't count these days ?

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    [​IMG]

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Anyone who maybe follows the NCAA Touney (judging by the crowds at the arena's, that isn't that many these days, my Lordy, I thought I was watching a Charger home game there for a minute)......................no doubt there are still plenty with the 16 going into next week ?

Lying fargin' Rush/Anne's ..... ;)

If there is even ONE solitary entry left in the world thats still alive, then the word interegity has lost its purpose in the World.

Florida Gulf Coast University in the Sweet 16 ?????? .................. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    What ? .....................the sweet, sexy Librarian told me it would work wonders for me ................... and POP-UP I certainly did !!!!

[​IMG]

She is such a naughty Nymph that one......

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Did you watch that game?....... they ran roughshod over the Aztecs (another hometown disappointment).

Those Eagles are no joke. They're athletic, shoot the lights out, and play with no fear. I think the reason they were ranked as low as they were, is because they are a new program, and the NCAA voters don't know them very well.

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Nope, go spend $20 and enjoy the read ....................... its quite relevant too todays game in many ways, not much has changed in many respects in the last 50+ years .....................only that the greedier have gotten richer and the suckers are still paying the ultimate price. ;)

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Yeah, had a sneak peek ................... they don't mind an alley-oop now and again, do they.

No, good luck to them, they know they have nothing to lose and a shitload to gain, so they are playing with total abandonment and its lighting the place up..............nice to see.

Hell, I use to follow CBB like no other for many years back in the 90's,wasnt a team I didnt know or what their mascot was or what conference they belonged too .............have a feeling that may have changed of late ............Hell, I dont even know where this FGCU is fargin' located, let alone that other shite.

24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Oh Jack, watchout for the popup winky mate. It may bismark the sheet outta your face! :roflmao:

25. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    What I find quite amusing is that someone actually spent $20 on you! ;)

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    [​IMG] ......... thats excellent.

27. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226 / 8 / -4
    Dumervill to Ravens .... good to get him out of the division.

28. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226 / 8 / -4
    I guess it's tough to recognize humor when you're the butt of it, right Blue Bolt? Perhaps he should change the name to ME-tilack.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    It has ever been thus with lil' Matty...... he has stubbornly refused to recognize humor in any of its forms. I wouldn't expect him to change now.

He's much to busy trying to convince everyone that's he's the smartest guy in the room, whilst proving that everyone one else is an idiot. It is a very tough task. ;)

30. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226 / 8 / -4
    You read my post?!?!?!? hahahahahaha

He probably thinks George Bush was our greatest president ever as well.