1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2

Thank you very much for the great points. I think it'll be a basic 13 inch recon'd MacBook Pro (no retina) I want her to use it thru college. Thanks again :)

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
    OK, if it's for the long haul, then storage space and connections are more important than portability. Apple refurbs are a great deal. :tup:

3. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Portability is nice, but utility and functionality for future college endeavors, are more important. I can save about $180 on a base model recon'd directly from Apple :tup:

4. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    Maybe its as simple as this ...................... He's just nothing but an very average NFL Football player.

Has been known to happen from time to time you do realize. ;)

When it comes to many of the Charger players obtained over the last 7 or so years, we've had so many of these type players given far to much leeway to prove themselves and at a considerable cost cap-wise also, now after the majority of these "projects" have failed to pan out in any way, shape or form, we are left with what is basically, a shell of a team.

As Ive been saying for quite some time .................... be prepared for a few years of bottom dwelling, if you think "mediocracy" has been our MO of late, expect that to drop a rung or 3 in the near future.

Now with said ...........................have a pleasant day !!!!! :tup:

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    Bullshit ................. it can't be a coincidence that both of you both live in towns that begin with "San" ................ and end in Mexican names.

Admit it you bastard, you got into the Country the same way as Gooey, didn't you !!!!!! :eek:

Hell, were probably on the same chain-gang, tunnel digging team I bet !!!!

By the way .................... who the farg is this "Bruce" you speak of ?

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    When did Funk & Wagnalls replace the "u" with lots of "o's" ?????

I really do need to start reading those memo's !!!!

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    If she takes after you, I'd suggest an "McAirHead" !!!!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    I may NOT have mentioned this over our many years together .................

But I often wonder if Blue Bolt and Frimples are one and the same. (person/machine, take your pick)

I just dont imagine a humanbeing have such a broad range of capabilities as this Blue Bolt character possesses at will it seems.

Amazing stuff really.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    Did the X win the lottery ? .................... or are you selling your kidney's ?

10. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Gooey came over here from London on Virgin Atlantic too? :eek:
    (I won't mention which class, because I don't want to make enemies :D)

P.S. Bruce is every other Aussie bloke not named Jack!

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Sloot = Slut in the new "Internets" vernacular! The more O's you add, the bigger the Ho ;)

Please don't edumacate yourself anymore. Your head is already filled with enough cr*p :D

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Well, the two boys turned out to be as useless as t*ts on a hog! There's still hope for the girl thu. Hey, I've "helped" other peep's daughters enough already, so why not my own spawn? What's the phrase? Charity starts at (Jack's) home? :D

P.S. Yes, the X won the lottery a long time ago ;)

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Maroon! Fred is Frimples! Get it?!

14. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Further note to the Greatest Thinker of Our Time:

I'm sure it was a mere oversight on your part, but may I (im)politely remind you that the whole frigging County starts with the word San and ends with a "Mexican" name! :confused:

15. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Which one wears those spike heels you were talking about?

<runs>

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Rhino appeared on the NFL AM show this morning. Apparently what he had to say about the problems last year ticked some folks off... Glad we don't need him to be the "face" of the Chargers, but we DO need him to stay healthy and have a productive career. Any thoughts of a follow-on career in a broadcast booth should be re-evaluated IMHO.:rolleyes:

This is only part of it, what preceded the NFL Lounge segment was worse...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playe...ouble-Coverage-Ryan-Mathews-joins-the-program

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Oh don't run away Ol' timer.

It ought to be Gooey since he needs more height "boost" than I do, but I guess since I'm the one who can afford those (the entry level prices, not the spikey ones!), so it'd be me :D

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
    The boy is no genius, but neither was LT. ;)

I get the fact that things get stale after awhile, when you are under the same coach for a long period. Especially, when you had early success, but things have started to slide.

Norv is great at what he does offensively, but I don't know if he's the kind of guy who knows how to change things up to keep players motivated over the long haul.

I think for most coaches, there's a window of opportunity with a group of players, where you can get them to buy into your system and get them working together for that common goal. If you get some early success, then your job is easier. But, if things plateau, and the players won't see the results for their efforts, they begin to question the direction and tune out the coach. It seems to be human nature.

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    I honestly couldn't watch it through to see what he said to tick some people off. This kid has really started to irk me. He's not a jerk, but there's something about him which doesn't want me to listen to the tone of his voice. Can someone please tell me what words of wisdom came out of his trap?! He lost me where he said he obviously wants to run the ball more and a simpler offense!

Yeah right, so do the opposing defenses and a simpler offense means exactly what? That you can't pass protect and pick up blitzes worth of carp?!

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
  21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
  22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    How the farg would mentioning "baggage class" make you enemies ???

Seriously doubt we have any baggage handlers lurking about in here. :D

Yes indeed, BRUCE is the name given to many "gay Aussie characters" believe it or not.

Not sure how that came to be, but I do recall having a football trainer at my Club that was as gay as a 1920 Hollywood musical ...... Im pretty sure he was the reason "flamer" came to pass as a common gay term ......... And could he give out a pre game rubdown like you wouldn't believe, Man, you were ready to take on the world after one of those. ;)

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42

OK, I can live with that ...... Makes very good sense, must remember that one.

Mate my head is filled with nothing but air, you're well aware of that. ;)

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42

Hahahahahaha ...... Well lets be honest here, what hope did those poor Bastage's have ......... Those poor apples never fell far from the tree, did they !!!!

Bet if I ask her, she'll say she only won the lottery once she departed for greener pastures in Burbank. ;)

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
    Too true.

Matt Flynn traded to the Raiders, eh? He may do OK there, but he needs a lot of help to turn that franchise around.

The real question, is will Palmer get his wish to play for a contender before he hangs it up. ;)

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42

That does make sense now that I think about it ......

I miss Ol' Frimples by the way....... That was some funny shite back in the day.

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42

OH !!!!!! ....well that would explain why I only ever heard Spanish spoken at the Murph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it now .....

Why doesn't The Deaner get hold of one of the local drug cartels then and have them as a major sponsor of the team ?????

Might be time to do a little "thinking outside the box" I do believe. ;)

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +851 / 54 / -42
    I seen I had an alert from BR when I turned the iPad on this morning and seen his name .......... Needless to say, I cringed !!!!

Haven't read it yet (probably could assume how it goes without even looking), but it no doubt provides more fodder of my assessment of this kid from early on ........ Absolute AIRHEAD of the highest order.

If only this kid had as much interest in improving his game as much as he seems in leaving no doubt in anyone's mind that he is a complete space cadet, we'd have ourselves a certain HOF'er.

And comparing him to LT doesn't help much BLEW ......... At least in LT we knew very early on that at least he could play a little and thus forgive him for his lack of prowess in front of a microphone, this kid hasn't proved a damn thing in either department thus far and in all likelihood, never will.

29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    As I'm sure you are well aware, there is no green anything in Burbank ;)

No the X (not to cornfuse with the X-Factor) definitely won the lotto and elected to take installment payments, rather than a lump sum ;)

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
    I was simply pointing about that even great RB's aren't noted for their intelligence....... look at Emmitt Smith. :laugh: