1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    OK, Game 2 ....... who we got ?.................the 'Cuse of Syra or those pesky, nasty Wolverine, Hugh Jackman types ???

Oh Myyyyyyyyyyyyy.................... just heard the starting lineups.

Syracuse have a guy by the name of Rakeem CHRISTMAS !!! :eek: .........seriously fargin' cool name.

I'm all over that bandwagon now, like [​IMG]
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Damn !!!!! ...................looks like the Lollipop Ladies versus the Construction workers out their with those HIGH Visy uniforms.

No excuses for "any contact whatsoever" in this one ....... "Be seen ....Be safe" has been taken care of with those colours.
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Yep, sure is .............. Tulsa Shock(ers).

Now if they draft that "guy" Griner to put along side the Aussie "guy", Liz Cambage, they could almost compete against some of the NBA teams I do believe and seriously live up to their nickname.

there's no doubting they'd at least have "more balls", regardless of Wins/Losses. ;)
  4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    She can bring her girlfriend over any time
  5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Hey, he's almost 18. Gotta give the boy some confidence before he cuts the cord. ;)

Seriously though, all that other sheet...couldn't care less. Another publicity whore turned loose on/by the American media. Same old same old. He'll be gone in 15 minutes and some other dickwad will take his place. The real sad thing is that sheet actually generates $$ because people consume it.
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Spot on ...... Hey Brendon, go find a nice quiet island somewhere and spend that money you made.

Why go flapping your jaw to prove your an idiot ?
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    I'd more than happy if she wanted to just roll up all by her lonesome......

I could get seriously kinky with that in a heartbeat.
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    19 days until the draft?......... this offseason :poop: is seriously dragging this year. :sleep:
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    So much so Ive had to resort to reading articles about "when" Gay players will announce their arrival and what deviant sexual activities I could muster up with Skylar ...............

Times are slow, aren't they !!! ;)

Hell, Ive even gone out into the forum and just posted in another thread (Floyd April fools thread) ................... now that truely is scary !
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    Things are so bad, Kevin Acee has tuned into a desperate :poop: stirrer......

Is Rivers part of the Chargers' solution?
    By Kevin Acee 4:31 P.M.APRIL 6, 2013

Philip Rivers is not the problem.

Mike McCoy won’t tell you much about his new team, but he’ll definitely tell you that.

“Number one, I think everyone around him has to play better,” McCoy said last month at the NFL owners meetings and has said in varying incantations several times since being hired in January. “… The entire team has to play better to help the quarterback out. Whether it’s protection, having a good running game, certain routes, receivers not dropping balls …”

My certainty that Rivers is an elite quarterback is thoroughly documented. If you think I am advocating for his time in San Diego to be winding down, you are either illiterate or willfully ignorant.

But I believe he needs a really good 2013 for the new Chargers’ bosses to commit to him long term.

I spent the week in New York with the punchless Padres. But I hear I caused something of a stir back here when I didn’t pull punches on the NFL Network, saying the new Chargers regime’s unwillingness to restructure the quarterback’s contract to create cap space is a sign of their unwillingness to commit to him long term.

Even the President of the RFC (Rivers Fan Club, of which I would be chairman emeritus) would have to say you couldn’t really blame them.

Whatever we say about his leaky line and rotating receivers, his interception percentage was fifth-highest among starting quarterbacks over the past two seasons.

But this most certainly is not just about Rivers.

The new Chargers brain trust brainstormed about restructuring a few guys. Besides Rivers, the contracts of Eric Weddle and Jeromey Clary could provide some room for wiggle. But the bosses decided they didn’t need to.

Or want to.

And, for now, it seems prudent to not have mortgaged the future. With apologies to the 140-character patience of today’s sports fan, this new group needs time to rebuild the roster.

The Chargers officially have about $6 million in cap space but in reality have the equivalent of $7.5 million when accounting for signing their rookies and pushing the biggest chunk of Jared Gaither’s dead weight to 2014.

That’s enough dough to put under the mattress in case of emergency (an injury relief fund, if you will) and get Donald Butler extended, plus maybe add tackle Eric Winston or another moderately priced veteran.

But it is not adequate funds to fill all the holes they have.

Reworking Rivers’ deal — getting relief on his $17.1 million cap number in exchange for upfront cash and more years on his deal — would simply push what they owe him into a future where salaries are rising at a faster rate than the cap.

The only reason to do that is if the team felt it was a player or two away from being elite in 2013 and had identified those certain special one or two players to sign.

That’s just not the case.

My one qualm, however, has to do with Rivers.I mean, having not signed any of the top free agent tackles or guards, we are left to have faith new General Manager Tom Telesco must have a grand plan for building his offensive line through the draft. And, truthfully, we must be willing to wait until at least then to judge the teqam’s offseason.

However, if the Chargers go into the season with an offensive line bookended by King Dunlap and Jeromey Clary, I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would even keep Rivers in ’13.

They absolutely must know they can still get a couple more good linemen. If not, what they have done amounts to negligence, malpractice, suicide by stupidity.

Because if they were absolutely convinced that Rivers is their man, they could easily have reworked his deal. He would not have sought to fleece them.

The team has more cap room awaiting them in coming years. And after Butler, the line forming for long-term contracts is not long. Yes, the Chargers will want to extend Corey Liuget sooner than later but have two years to do so.

But fact is, the rebuilding they’re doing is for the long-term future — not primarily 2013 — and they are not entirely convinced Rivers is the man to lead them into that future.
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    OK, so Cooper Acee is a Fillup-Lover, we've all been there ........................ but how anyone could still in their right mind apply the "elite" tag to his name at this moment is beyond delusional........... 2 years of consistently bad play have stripped him of that honour if your being totally unbias about it.

Its not like he's had an ordinary game here or there, he's been average at his best and dismal at his worst, sorry, but "elite" QB's dont have those words used in their evaluaations that I recall, even when their teams have losing records.

Fillup needs to come out this season and lift this team on his shoulders like he once did and have them playing above themselves, thats what elite QB's provide, until this happens, his "elite game" is nothing but past history.
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    There's one big thing working against Rivers........ he's a once "elite" QB who isn't mobile. There's been a number of top QBs who didn't always have the best lines, but they at least had the ability to escape pressure if necessary....... Rivers can't.

I don't know if there's ever been a quality QB who success was as dependent on his protection. Without the horses upfront, Philip is a sitting duck...... how's that for a mix metaphor? :laugh:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    thought i'd do a casual drop in and see how everyone was. currently sick with flu, my Devils are sucking and look to miss the playoffs, and the Yankees haven't started the season well.
    Here's hoping for a strong 2013-14 Chargers season!
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    That was a thing of beauty BLEW, well done !!!

And YES, you've nailed it....................never would I ever ever doubt Fillup's heart or will, he is beyond reproach on those points.

But never having had literally ANY evadibility (is that even a word ?) has always been his biggest bugaboo.

I mean, even Peyton can avoid the odd rush here and there, but Fillup has never evaded a single tackle in his career that I can recall and it seriously hurts his overall game.
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Who or what are these Devils and Yankee's that you speak of Damo ???

Broadway Shows maybe ???
  16. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    yes thats it, along with the amazing spiderman show :p
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    Face it, you're screwed. :laugh:
  18. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    yup. i sure know how to pick em! :p
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    I don't know how many times I've seen Rodgers in games where he "should've" been sacked, but he scrambles out and makes a play by either buying time, or picking up the 1st down with his legs.

Seriously, if there a less mobile QB in the league than Philip Rivers?....... name me one.
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    I was spoiled. When I lived in NYC, the Mets won the World Series, the Yankees won the World Series, the Rangers won the Stanley Cup, and the Giants won two Super Bowls....... only the Knicks disappointed. :(
  21. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    it will be just that bit sweeter when the Devils and Chargers win their championship!
  22. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    If you live that long. :D
  23. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    bwahahahahaha.
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    FiFy ;)
  25. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 17 / -2
    River Philips?
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42

QB !!!!! ....... Hell, Id back Jumpy the human turnstile, to beat Fillup over 20 yds to be honest, that right there is the greatest indictment on his lack of movement I can think of.
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,771 / 47 / -26
    Maybe River Phoenix...... but that's just because he's dead. :eek:
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    Second that !!!
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42
    I still say a deadheat is a possibility.
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +802 / 54 / -42