1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    I couldn't imagine you taking an interest in a sport where hand-eye co-ordination is a prerequiste Poofessoria.

Guess that answers the question as to why you "do it" with the lights out !!!
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    pissing rain down here this morning ........ but still quite pleasant out.
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    Well, if it makes you fell better, it's overcast and misty here in San Diego.
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Just doing some channel-surfing at the moment ...........................and came across The MTV Awards !!!!

Firstly, didn't even know they were still relevant or that MTV was even still a channel available.

Now after watching about 3 minutes, I can see why it is NO longer relevant in the real world (no pun intended), unless your under 12 with an attention span of a sleeping Grizzly Bear.............

WTF is that show all about ??????????????? ........................... I can't believe some of these so-called big name Hollywood types would be seen dead at such an event, it's comical and embarrassing to say the least.

Oh GAWDDDDDD....................now they have that Ginormous Aussie chick, who apparently is thought of as having some comedic ability (ummmm, yeah, right !!!! :rolleyes:).........oh my, this is past embarrassing, time to turn the channel.
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    We must be twin cities .....thats what its now doing here. :tup:
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    I think that last time I watched the MTV channel was in the 80's....... yeah, it's been that long. :D
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    Someone needs to tell this nitwit that he's coaching lingerie football....... :rolleyes:

8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Lucky you ..................... 10 minutes of that and my brain is still hurting.
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Obviously he had "Mummy issues" as a child and this is how he's getting his own back .............. there are some sorry excuses for humanbeings on this planet ........

...and then there are truely degenerative types like this buffoon, who words haven't been invented to describe yet.
  10. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    Wine is good....... :D

Nite-Nite! :D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    He must think this is his "audition tape" to get a shot at an NFL job. :whistling:
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    Hey Jack, you hear the latest rumor?.........

The clincher for the Revis to Tampa deal is the Jets will throw in Sanchez for free. :roflmao:
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    The Ol' knockout drop again Pump ? ................ outta sleeping tablets ?
  14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    No just drinking................... :D:rolleyes::sneaky::D;)
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Oh yeah, read and talked with Turdle about that one early yesterday .......

From what I could make of it, seems like this Coach Schiano is the only one within the franchise that isn't completely sold on Freeman ( for what its worth, I'm behind him 100%, but keep that to yourself :whistling:) and wouldn't mind having a Sanchez type around for competition.

FARG !!!! .....just how BAD does he really think Freeman is ???? .................I'd be hard-pressed to admit he's that bad. ;)
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Do we need to organise an intervention ???

Its been awhile, not sure I can gather the JNCP swat team these days................

Last I heard, they are forming the honour guard for Spitty and Couz's wedding and practicing throwing rose petals down the aisle. :unsure:
  17. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings Received:
    +306 / 11 / -6
    No I am good killed a bottle.... :D should be good for a month or two.....:rolleyes:
  18. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Gave it the Last Rites, did we ? .....
  19. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    damn !!!! ....almost a full day without a post in here, what the hell is that all about ?????

Just now catching up on the going on's in Boston today, the times we live in are more perilous by the day unfortunately.
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    I always thought marathons were unhealthy for you, but not like this........ very sad.

We have no shortage of nut-balls on this planet.
  21. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Well, the unfortunate thing is, we've known that for quite some time now, yet, if anything, have reduced the punishments for the heinous crimes of this nature, thus it seems all these nutjobs now know that they can at least get 3 square meals and a bed, free medical, access to compters, library's, hell, even a degree and education if they so choose, by spending the rest of their breath-wasting days on the coatails of society's tax dollars in prison.......... Not the worst deterrent I could think of quite honestly.

I say it's time for the reintroduction of public stonings and good Ol' town centre hangings ..? At least if they know that's what lies ahead, they may actually think twice about.......... If not, then nothing a quick bullet to the head won't fix. ;)
  22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Now I know someone can explain this one to me ................

Now I know that any signing at this time of year and the fact that we are in rebuilding mode, will mean us signing alot of no-name, camp fodder type, that I get.

But ......

So last year alone, well over 800 players were given a chance to play at the NFL level and this kid wasn't one of them, yet we sign him for 3 years !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

OK, Ive said my piece, now its someone's else's turn to sell this one to me ....... the floor is your's !!! ;)

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    Jack, you do realize that this gives the Chargers control of the guy for three years IF he turns out to be a decent player.

There's no risk in these low-level deals. We're not talking about guaranteed money here, so if he don't work out, he just gets cut.

This isn't the first time I've explained this to you....... senile old bastage. ;)
  24. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    At least, Jack should be excited about this........ ;)

Chudzinski bringing old friends in for Browns tryouts
    Posted by Darin Gantt on April 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
    New coaches in new cities create new opportunities for old fringe players.
    Such as it always has been, it is in Cleveland again.
    The Browns announced they were bringing wide receivers Legedu Naanee and Seyi Ajirotutu in for minicamp on a tryout basis.
    Both played under new Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner with the Chargers, then Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski dragged them both to the Panthers when he was offensive coordinator there.
    Aside from being hard to spell and knowledgeable of the system to be installed, it’s hard to know what they’re bringing to the table. But they’re bringing it, this week.
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    Yes, I do realise that BLEW.......but I'll repeat my original question for you.

"why 3 years ?"

Surely the guy can be evaluated in 1 year, as to whether or not he is a decent player and capable of making the roster for the season ?
    I question the simple fact that he was NEVER picked up when available and why not just sign him for 1 year ?

If he shows something in that time, go ahead and give him some guaranteed money and a longer deal by all means.

Signed ...... The senile Ol' bastage. :)
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41

Good luck Chad ..... Nice to the ex's still applying the dumpster diving technique they learnt under AJ & Norf.
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    I believe with the new CBA, that three years is the length of the standard NFL contract is for new players. It's only vets that sign these one-year deals.
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,573 / 42 / -25
    Chargers setting up Philip Rivers to fail?
    By Chris Burke SI.com

[​IMG]
    Philip Rivers has committed 47 turnovers over the past two seasons. (Gregory Bull, AP)

Just about any way you slice it, this is a make-or-break type of season upcoming for Philip Rivers. The Chargers’ starter at QB for the past seven seasons, Rivers will turn 32 in December, has a cumbersome contract and no ties to San Diego’s new coaching staff.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune said on the NFL Network last week that “2013 is the final audition of Philip Rivers.”

And if that’s the case, Rivers is in trouble.

When new head coach Mike McCoy was hired back in January, he inherited a roster that had some nice pieces but fell shy of looking like a Super Bowl contender — and probably even shy of really challenging Denver in the AFC West. While San Diego has made a couple of decent free-agent additions (Danny Woodhead at running back, Derek Cox at corner), the offense especially looks more or less like it did in 2012. That unit, if you’ll recall, was thoroughly underwhelming.

The hope for Chargers fans has to be that the offensive-minded McCoy’s arrival can bring back the Rivers of old, the QB who won 46 games and threw for 105 touchdown passes from 2006-09. Maybe it’s as simple as just flipping that switch, too, by getting Rivers more comfortable.

But all the issues that plagued San Diego’s offense last season (aside from an increasingly turnover-prone Rivers) still remain. The offensive line, which coughed up 50 sacks in ’12, has not improved much, if at all, despite the additions of King Dunlap, Rich Ohrnberger and Chad Rinehart. The Chargers also, as of yet, have not added any more weapons to a receiving unit that is coming off a disappointing year.

San Diego holds the No. 11 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, so it could address one trouble spot there. The natural fit is at LT, where Jared Gaither hung the Chargers out to dry in 2012 as he struggled with injuries. What if Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson are off the board, though? Would a developing Cordarrelle Patterson fit at wide receiver? Could San Diego trade down and go the quantity-over-quality route?

Rivers no doubt will be watching intently. He and this Chargers team simply cannot go into 2013 with the status quo on offense and expect to improve. Sure, the offensive line could raise its game inexplicably and Ryan Mathews could stay healthy all year, while Malcom Floyd continues his development into a top-flight receiver. Heck, maybe even Robert Meachem might bounce back from free-agent bust land to pitch in some, or Danario Alexander’s reception numbers will continue to trend upward.

The problem is that the Chargers, as they stand, need all of those what-ifs to occur simultaneously to really be a threat in the AFC West.

Short of that, Rivers’ regression figures to continue behind an overmatched offensive line and with an underachieving group of position players.

The natural reaction when any team struggles is to blame the quarterback. It’s happened time and again with Rivers, just as it has with Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez and many other QBs. Rivers does deserve his fair share of criticism, following three straight years without a playoff berth.

As is often the case, however, the letdowns have been far from a one-man operation. Even at his best last season, Rivers could only do so much with the talent (or lack thereof) around him — specifically, up front.

The situation for 2013 does not set up that much better, either. The Chargers have done little more than plug gum into the holes on their leaky line and the receiving corps is the same one Rivers threw to throughout the 7-9 2012 season.
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41
    The owners and trainer have called a quick Presser about an hour ago and have announced that Black Caviar is being retired immediately................. you don't think Aussies love their Champions ??? ;)

Every TV staion and radio channel has broken into their shows to take the live announcement .......... I think this girl would win the election in Nov if she ran against the current candidates ...................... and Im not kidding either.

Sad but great day, what a superstar, glad she got to go out healthy and unbeaten, her place in history is assured, to be mentioned in the same breath as Phar Lap is a pretty special effort.

Unbeatable between 1000/1400 mtrs, would loved to have seen her take on Frankel, but wasn't meant to be, that race would have broken every TV viewing audience record in Europe and Australiasia without doubt.

Its been an absolute pleasure to watch this girl do her thing, wish her well in retirement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/s...25-straight-wins/story-fn67sphz-1226622637565

Nice little tribute video in this link, even a shot of her with the Queen at Ascot last year.
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +730 / 53 / -41

OK, by sheer coincidence to my above post, I've just spotted this video of a horse race from Pimlico a few days ago.

This may well take the cake for the funniest shite I've ever seen, its certainly in the running, no pun intended.

It's worth watching the replay also, as they show a head on shot and you have to see it to believe it ......................I'm not sure I actually do believe it, even after seeing it with my own 2 eye's .........

Best laugh I've had in quite some time ......................absolute [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Classic !!!!