1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    I don't know if anybody made a note of THIS here. But it may be worth mentioning.

(anyone knows a dog needs a home...
    and shelter from pigs on a wing).
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Interesting to see that NONE of the money in Revis' contract is guaranteed ...... Hmmmmmm, that tells me he must be 100% confident in that knee holding up, Bucs FO has done well in getting him to agree to that deal, very little to lose (apart from the obvious lose of 2 draft picks ofcourse).

Be interesting to see who gets the best of this deal down the track .......
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    It had better be realllllll creative if he wants to see too many more sunrises Dave. ;)
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Think he missed "reverse" by thattttttttttttttttt much BLEW. :D
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Mmmmmmm, for some reason the link isn't showing up on the original post, so I have no idea what this post is about SandyBob.

I'm gonna take a guess here and go with something to do with a Pink Floyd album cover ?????
  6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    I'd be a LION if I said Id ever heard of him SandyBob, which in itself is a terrible oversight on my behalf.

Because obviously Ive seen much of his work dating back many many moons.

He indeed was someone who left a lasting impression, many of those album covers are indelibly stamped in one's mind, whether they realise it or not.
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Indeed sir. You were also the only one to mention that always tasteless USA USA chant. When their world leading military establishment successfully takes down a couple of young demented opponents, it is almost like high five-ing the entire audience after beating a 4 year old in a chess match. It should make one wonder a little less why these things don't happen in Toronto or Melbourne.
  10. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Blew would know of him I believe.
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Big weekend for DUI's over there I see ........

Looks like Ol' Al Michael's can't afford a cab as well as good Ol' Reesey Witherspooned and her slightly over-the-limit hubby, who then attempted the well tried ....."Do you know who I am" line !!!!

Nice try Spooner, you loser, wonder if they had their 7 month old child in the car while Daddy was swerving between lanes ?????
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    I hear ya mate, that totally disgusted me when I seen that reported on the news down here, what the farg is wrong with peeps these days ???........seriously, this wasnt about winning a baseball championship or Stanley cup for farg-sake, people have absolutely no clue as to how to act in public these days and it astounds my senses of common sense as to when this trait disappeared from human DNA.

Now to be fair, Riff Raff DID make note of it, which bought about my original comment, so Im sure many Americans were thinking the same as us SandyBob, I have no problem with a little patriotism being shown, but lets get the situation correct, surely that's not asking to much is it ?????
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    That is an absolute MONTY my friend ......

BLEW is clued in on so many subjects it amazes me where he finds the time and memory to store it all.....
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Just taking a moment here to contemplate as to whether or not about taking a "sickie" on Friday to watch the draft ???????

Now seeing as its a public holiday here on Thursday for Anzac Day, Id probably need to get hold of a Quacks certificate, which isn't about to happen (even though its as simple as just making a phone call)

Haven't had ONE day off since starting this job 15 months ago, I believe that's gotta be worth a few "cents in the till", dont ya think ??? ;)
  15. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Well the sad thing is that this reaction combined with the media attention that these two morons garnered for themselves is likely to spawn a whole new generation of idiots on a "mission". Anybody with a taste for pissing in America's corn flakes can get a rise out of the President of the USA with little more than some internet research.
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41

Yep, absolutely correct ....... Sad world we live in, isnt it and its only going to continue to get worse I hate to say.

Oh well, one can only hope to find yourself a nice quiet little cranny in the world and hope that's enough I guess.
  17. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,684 / 44 / -26
    Yep, better know by the name Hipgnosis...... a truly legendary album designer. Very influential, but very iconic. When you see his stuff, you know it.

Pretty much my favorite old school album designer...... along with Roger Dean.

This was one of my favorite books as a teenager......

[​IMG]
  18. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,684 / 44 / -26
    Yeah, you don't want to miss the kickoff to a whole new era of disappointment, do you? ;)
  19. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    True enough. But I ventured down to Buffalo this week for a couple of days. You have to stay over 48 hrs for the customs exemptions to kick in. The line up at the Niagara Falls bridge was pretty light. BUT... Homeland Security was out in FULL force with the dogs sniffing EVERYBODY trying to LEAVE the country.

I figure you can't be paranoid.... (like the the Governor telling the populous to stay indoors). Sheesh... this wasn't London or Berlin in war times. It wasn't even Sarajevo. Things have lost all proportion.
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,684 / 44 / -26
    I feel the same way. Tragic as the events were, there were more people killed in that fertilizer factory explosion in Texas. That was news too, but the country wasn't obsessed by it.

Anything that's viewed as terrorism causes people to run around in a dazed panic. People are dying all the time on this planet, from one catastrophe or another. But when it comes to "terrorism", Americans have it easy. Many places in the world, this kind of wanton slaughter is an everyday occurance. We've been relatively sheltered over here.
  21. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +955 / 2 / -2
  22. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Apparently Reese was the one who pulled the "Do you know who I am??" line. Toth (her husband), apparently tried to calm her down.

Too bad he was drunk off his *** :D
  23. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Yep, both of those posts have nailed it ....

With no disrespect to those that have lost their lives and the many injuried, the sheer magnitude of this event from a media point of view and numbers assigned from so many different departments was total overkill.

I guess the excuse of NOT knowing if others were involved will justify those who made the call to bring in everyone it seemed, but the Navy seal team that captured Bin Laden, and the use of the term,"you can't take the chance if its terrorism", will also see plenty of airtime, but for me, its the media that should be held most accountable, their actions these days are an absolute disgrace and for what ???? .........................farging ratings !!!!!....tasteless.

Someone needs to reel these bastages in and set some common sense ground rules, instead of letting these turds hide behind the "Freedon of Speech" laws, that like the Gun Laws, are so antiquated in todays society, its a total joke they are still in force.

Exactly BLEW, that explosion in Texas had far more fatalities and injuries, but ran for 5 minutes before any News agency blew it off simply because it couldn't sensationalize it in a way they could the Boston story, very sad.

I was actually surprised that one of those CNN/Fox shows didn't just toss in the word "terrorism" into that situation, just to gather a few more viewers and improved ratings until it become obvious it wasn't.

Not a News watcher at all anymore, I'd be more likely to trust the local gossip bitch at work than those mobs these day's, which in itself is a pretty sad indictment.
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    They still have "Scaredy" remember ...... maybe this is the year he gets to play on both Offense and Defence ????

We all know he's good enough !!!! :roflmao:
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Ummmm, I think most would know who I was saying pulled the "I'm a Star Card", Stanly.

I seriously doubt there's a person on the planet other than his immediate family, who could answer ....... "who is Reese WillIspoonornot's Husband ?" .......................ya Doofus !!!! :D
  26. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you again. Something is not right.
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    Nice ...... :tup:

An art no longer in vogue in todays world...........................shame that !!!
  28. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    From the way you wrote your post, it sounded like her husband was the one who said it... ya doofus ;)

Not surprising, since it seems like you just beat down on the keyboard like a toddler sometimes :whistling:
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    I bet it has something to do with that brain of your's FINALLY evolving ...... :D

Don't panic, soon we'll even let you put on on a pair of Big Boy pants and (maybe take you seriously) ;)
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +780 / 54 / -41
    I'll have you know, I "beat down" on almost everything !!!! :D