1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Even if that was your mission (or if I needed it anyway :p ), I would have crappy teachers. ;)
  2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +210 / 14 / -2
    I have no clue as to how we did in this draft, but I find myself in an eerily similar trapping every single year :roflmao:
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    It's a little early in the evaluation process, don't you think? :rolleyes:

I love how fans get all excited about these prospects, when many of the coveted college guys never amount to :poop: in the pros. I'll wait just a bit to judge this draft, if you don't mind. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Don't feel bad Poofessoria, it's not like anyone else does either......... Can you say "Groundhog Day" ? ;)
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Now c'mon BLEW, you know that's exactly how I feel ......

Doesn't mean we can't have some fun in meantime until the season starts in earnest .......

Love all those draftniks who swear to Gawdddd they have the scenario all figured out in May, gives us plenty of ammo to take the piss outta them for the next 4 months if nothing else ........

But I will say this much .......

Still would liked to have seen a draft that looked as though someone in the place realised we need major help at the Trough ....... ;)
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Hard to believe, but a dim bulb may've finally gone on in Matty's head. :laugh:
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    That pick would have made a lot sense Dave ...... I recall us talking about this guy awhile back.

Can only speculate now ofcourse, but that 4th rd pick we had to gave up to get the Praying Mantis, would have got us this bloke and Ill very very rarely understand the logic behind giving up the chance to get 2 players and take 1 instead, especially in the lower rd's.
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Its very easy to do when you use logic and hindsight BLEW ............................ and he's right, not sure its 90%, but I have no doubt its a high number that disappear into oblivion without as much as a whimper.

Its especially noticable of Lineman, both Offensive and Defence .........................take a look at all 32 teams trench guys, huge numbers of these blokes are absolute nobodies that many would never of heard of in their College careers, yet they end up being excellent Pro's.

Hell, many of the schools these blokes come out of, I never knew existed, let alone produce longterm players at the elite level.

Lets hope there are a couple of UDFA that we can pickup, who actually workout, its far more likely that big fat boys who arent that sexy are to be found in those ranks, rather than skilled position players I believe.

Surely theres an OL/NT type from "Central Southern North Wester Bumfarg Egypt Community College", wouldn't you think ????? :)
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    To clarify, Matty was saying 90% of the guys he was big on turned out to be :poop:. ;)
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Your referring to this, right ?

So he's basically saying that as an evaluator, he's on a BabySpanos level ????? ....... a total [​IMG]
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    So, back to this, can't let the day pass without a comment on our infamous MeMe that caused quite the stir back in the day ......

So, how long did it take for all the above to be vanquished since its creation ??? ................4 or 5 seasons I'm guessing.

And how did they all do once jettisoned off ? ............... I think everyone would agree that the Chargers got the very very best outta every single one of them, though, as I stated back in the day, NOT ONE of them has been close to achieving a Superbowl ring, as was the call and reason for this graphic in the First place ....... (how the farg wasn't Cason added by the way ???)

To bad we couldn't include the likes of ol' tyme fave's like Whiffy (dont dare mention his ring with GB) and Clinton "The Brick" Hart too, they certainly provided plenty of good laughs and fodder over the years.

As for TOG, couldn't be happier for him to have gone to a Divvy rival.......................now lets just hope we have the cattle who are capable of exploiting his laziness and bludging tendencies.

p.s ..............................anyone heard from Koop the Klown of late ???

All I heard when we booted his arse was how someone would sign him because of his "smarts" !!!!! Maybe he found his true calling and ran away with the Circus when it came to town ?

May be time to start another one of these "Bewdy's" up BLEW ....................

1st member of the new "Tub-Thumpers" is easy ................... Mr Larry "far from a legend" English.

[​IMG]

Hey look BLEW, he already has a bathing cap on too !!!!!!

Ryno could be joing him by Rd 3 I reckon..... ;)
  12. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    FIFY ........Finally some honesty out of the Man !!!! :p
  13. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  14. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Again, I like hell out of the Te'o pick - and there are some side benefits to moving up to snag him. My penchant for fatboys will make me worry about the O-Line regardless - but we did have a need at ILB. Don't trust Mouton beyond the backup/goal line positions so this makes a huge amount of sense.

Up to the Alabama game, Te'o had been a tackling machine all last year. His similarity to Donnie Edwards sure showed in that one though - couldn't get off blocks and sliding off tackles. Hopefully the Coaching staff can help him assure that similarity to Donnie's problems goes away and his similarity to the great part of Donnie's game is enhanced.

I found it very gratifying to see that Telesco & Co. were more than ready to handle the all-important UDFA signing period right after the draft ended. Am particularly gratified to see the two fatboys, (from Georgia and Carolina), coming in to compete for babyzilla's backup position. Post-draft, that was a major concern and I was actually hoping we would spend a late choice on Geathers rather than risk the chance of getting him as a UDFA - to get both him and Byron Jerideau to come in as UDFAs is a HUGE plus in my opinion.

Still have glaring needs on the O-Line at OLT and wondering what the "master plan" is there between now and training camp. Hope it is resolved soon - whomever it is has got to get in and start working with the O-line between now and training camp. <sigh>
  15. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
  16. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +174 / 8 / -0
    Happy Sunday sirs............ her's to FB Sundays, not soon enough.
  17. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    That rare moment of brightness just before the filament burns completely out.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,332 / 35 / -15
    I've never felt that 'Friends with Benefits' needed to be limited to Sundays...oh...wait...
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Her's or here's?......... that alters the meaning quite a bit. ;)
  20. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Grumpy? Who is Grumpy? Grumpy is relative:

[​IMG]
  21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    If this is supposed to represent you CD, wouldnt a picture of the crypt keeper or Al Davis be closer? ;)
  22. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    You go ahead and reserve judgment. Meanwhile, I just finished my first cup of coffee for the day, so now I have to go let loose another cb for the Chargers to draft.
  23. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    Well I see my opinions have been heard even in my absence. We need to draft beef, but all we do is put lipstick on a pig. Oh wait, I shouldn't say that, Te'o may get aroused. Speaking of, will his be the first contract with a no Twitter clause?

Be back later, gonna go look at some land. I'm getting the farg outa the city and apartment life. Greeeeeeeeeeeen Acres is the place to be.........
  24. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Only if they had a flattop haircut. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    They may not all make the final cut, but was setting here contemplating the sheer beef we could put up for a goal line defence with the addition of those two UDFA NTs yesterday - I would call it the "Avalanche". :cool:
  26. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Incredibly appropriate point highlighted... But what the hell, there has been little enough to get excited about. eh?

We still have problems - need improved performance out of the Center - (how many times did you hear me bitch about no pocket for PR to step up into) - and OLT... I am now convinced there will be some kind of trade in the works to address that last problem, but for the first - afraid we are apparently stuck with our current roster. Hoping against hope that Baxter and Molk have taken full advantage of their time in a pro-level weight room & diet to put on beef/bubble. Of the two, Baxter is our best hope to have done so and we, the fans, have no way of really knowing until we get to see them down at Chargers Park or in Training Camp/Exhibition games.

I am happy to see PR and Nick Hardwick are great friends off the field. In a similar position - I would have killed Hardwina in the film room several times over in the past two years. :cautious:
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    I didn't think that Tom Terrific had a one-year plan....... I expected at least two years worth of drafts and FA acquisitions to pull this roster out of the dumpster.

Sure, I'll still watch the games with great interest, but I'm not deluding myself with great expectations. ;)
  28. Charger Dave

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Very realistic, and as much as it hurts - I happen to agree, both on the two year approach and expectations for this year. Still going to be fun, as it always has, to watch young players grow - some will excel, some won't. Just won't take ownership over the outcome of individual games. ;)
  29. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Who has their hands cupped under Stanlys beanbag ?????

...and why ????? ;)
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    The roster turnover alone will make things interesting. A new cast of characters and how they all fit (or don't fit) together will be entertaining to watch.