1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    No doubt, Lefty's on a roll. First the Scottish then the big one. Maybe Lindsay's taking too much out of Tiger...

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    I find it hard to believe that a player as good as Rivers just suddenly loses it. His decline is tied to the offensive line problems, and I don't think you can separate the two. Give Rivers better protection, and you'll see a different player. We all know he's the most reliant on his protection to be successful, as he's not athletic and can't buy extra time with his feet. An offense that's geared to get the ball out sooner will surely benefit him.

I think Philip will have a bounce back year, then then all his critics can go back to taking potshots at more worthy candidates, like Sanchez, Romo, Cultler, and their ilk.

3. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    agree with ya Blue........... morning guys.

4. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    +1, and morning X! :tup:

As others have pointed out, (except those with incredibly short memories), despite all of the O-Line's difficulty helping to generate *any* kind of run game, and obvious lack of pass protection - we were still in and even ahead in many of our losses - and then came the defensive 4th quarter meltdowns. If the defense had been able to sustain their performance for all 4 quarters, we would STILL have had a winning season even with all of the offensive short-comings. Our team needed major improvement on both sides of the ball and I'm waiting to see if they achieved anything close to doing so - show me.

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    Well, I hope you guys are right, but it looks to me like he has mental issues.

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    MLB getting raided again. Von Miller of course, didn't do anything wrong ;)

Getting to be about time to just ban the bastages. No slap on the wrist, no we'll give you your first one, just ban them.
    By the way, does the NBA even test?

7. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Ditto ....

Ofcourse we all "hope" that this is the case in regards to FILLUP, but, it must be noted, I seen certain things in his game that had very little to do with what anyone else was or wasn't doing and it's feasible to give the guy the benefit of the doubt to a certain degree, but it has been 2 full seasons now since he has looked dominating, not just a few games here and there.

I haven't given up totally on the guy quite yet, his first 4 years or so have earnt him my utmost respect, BUT, the clock is running nonetheless and in today's game, your past credits only have a certain shelf life.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Seriously !!!!! ..... This league is turning into a remake of Dumb & Dumber.

Guess the specs only made him look intelligent and geeky, but didn't fool the piss testers. ;)

If the NBA does, they turn a blind eye to it from what I seen with my own two perfectly good eyes.

Those bastards smoke the hooch like I breathe air ....... Can recall walking into hotel rooms that I thought had been bombed for beg bugs .....

But NO, it was just The Chief, Cherokee Parks having his daily Pow Wow. :)

9. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +92 / 3 / -3
    Jack, you can call if you want, can't guarantee I'm going to pick up. :D

Heading out of town tomorrow on business, but back on Friday.

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Well, he endorsed Santorum, so that's a given. ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    She must be a nympho if she can keep his numbers under double figures ....

Then again, maybe she enjoys a little of "the more the merrier" herself ????

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Very funny arsewipe .....

That's it, time for a FaceTime call again ..... :D

That should get your attention. ;)

13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6

Now-Now Jack-o....
    You know that Taco's personal cell phone is now a company phone... So no personal calls on his personal phone!
    And I would call FaceTime involving you and Taco to be personal! :abq2:

14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    Her divorce came right after she took a high school kid to the Vail prom. So yeah, I'd say they enjoy some extracurriculars

15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    More personal than this?

:D

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Just now catching up on todays news .....

A measley 65 game suspension for a guy who like Lance, Barry Potatohead Bonds etc etc etc. lied his arse off till the evidence become so overwhelming, he simply throws himself at the mercy of the executioner and gets a wrist tap for his indiscretions.

Seriously, was there ever any doubt ? .............not in my mind, there rarely ever is in what we call elite sports these days.

The amount of money thrown in their direction, dictates to what level todays players are willing to go to succeed and that wont change regardless of what anyone wants or thinks, to think otherwise you'd have to be delusional.

Asking players to be honest/clean in many sports todays is the equivalent to asking the Cat to feed the Goldfish while your away on holidays .................fraught with danger and basically impossible, with the outcome an inevitable one.

What I find more amazing is the simple fact that a guy like an ARod is still even relevant ...................surely if your the Yankee's, your doing everything humanly possible to unload this loser who is bleeding you dry for zero return anyway !!

Said it before and I'll say it again ...........

Until there are serious criminal charges along the lines of the Marion Jones situation, players will continue to test the waters and lie their arses off to protect their hefty livelyhoods, thats the one thing you can take to the bank.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    OK, lets take bets on whether he'd be wearing a Taliban-like Burqua shall we !!!

5 to 1 ON for Yes .....

write your own ticket for NO

Any takers ??? :D

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Hey, you'll never die wondering about me mate, unlike these primmadonna's of today, I'm an open book with nothing worth hiding !! ;)

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Aaron Rodgers, who ‘put my salary on’ Ryan Braun being clean, probably regrets that now :laugh:

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    Wait, you're saying that was an accurate rendition of events at the Rainbow Inn?

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    It's what you'd call a non-denial. ;)

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    I found the perfect gift for Jack....... ;)

[​IMG]

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
  24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    It shall be known from this day forth as "The Aaron Rodgers defence" :whistling:

[​IMG]

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Very interesting !!!!

Is that 3 Ply or 2 ????

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    That's strictly up to you........ toilet parer is not included.

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    And of course he'll never pay up....... just another empty promise.

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Well if that's the case, The Deaner's needs to chase him up to replace Fillup, he'll fit in perfectly at Charger Park !!! :D

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Making sense of "Jaws" ranking Rivers 17th
    By Tom Krasovic
    7:40 A.M. JULY 23, 2013

In his quarterback rankings, former NFL passer Ron Jaworski rates Philip Rivers 17th in the NFL.

First, the praise.

"If you ever listen to audio of Rivers on the field, you can hear how impressive he is," Jaworski writes for ESPN. "He understands everything that's happening on both sides of the football."

Jaworski notes that the Chargers offensive line failed Rivers last year -- "particularly at left tackle," he writes -- but he also faults Rivers.

"His inner drive caused him to overcompensate, leading to an NFL-high eight third-down interceptions," he said.

While Jaworski's comments are fair, 17th is a few spots too low.

Jaworski misses the mark when he ranks Matt Schaub ninth. Schaub belongs behind Rivers, and Jaworski provided one of the reasons for it. Rivers understands everything that's happening on both sides of the ball. He also has a quicker release than Schaub and throws with better touch and accuracy. Schaub is a respectable NFL quarterback who looks sharp when the Texans run the ball well enough to unleash their play-action game.

It's fun to rank quarterbacks, but doing so in isolation is close to folly.

How the team's personnel and coaching suit the player is also part of the puzzle. As impressive as Colin Kaepernick was last year, directing the 49ers to the Super Bowl, the 49ers' talent and coaching made the job easier for him. Seldom, for example, did Kaepernick have to read beyond his first or second option. Jaworski ranks Kaepernick 11th. He lists Jay Cutler 14th, no doubt because Cutler's protection was similarly bad as that given Rivers. Echoing some of my points from May, he doesn't underrate Joe Flacco, placing him fourth.

For what it's worth, Rivers had a better passer rating than Flacco last year and was a fourth-and-29 away from beating him.

A good place for any NFL team to start is with a quarterback who "understands everything that's happening on both sides of the football," and the Chargers have that in Rivers. Will Rivers sharpen his footwork and smarten up on third down? Will the Chargers provide him more help than in the last two years? The answers need to be yes for the Chargers to return to the playoffs, but Rivers, despite his recent struggles and limitations in out-of-the-pocket mobility and arm strength, is the No. 1 reason why they have a shot at the postseason.

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I have no problem at all with Jaws opinion ...... 17th sounds about right if your being totally honest with yourself.

Based on his recent form over the past 2 seasons, 17th may actually be generous.

Lets hope this sort of summary pricks Fullups pride and he can recapture some of the glorious past.