1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Oh my :confused:.................... have just seen Lady Ga Ga performing on "Who knows what event anymore" .......

Can someone check on PUMPKIN to make sure he's still breathing, I have a feeling he may have been glued to a TV somewhere and has succumb to some kind of debilitating cramp.
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

...and that is why you'll notice I mentioned it in here rather than the thread.

Just when I thought I'd never have to think or breathe that turds name again, some tosser comes up with that :poop:
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    OK, the more I see of these "Music Award shows", the more it becomes obvious ....

The message has never been more lucid, two words tell it all.

Miley Cyrus !! :confused: ..... kids, stay away from drugs, very very bad.
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Speaking of clowns, remember how many Chargers fans were upset when we didn't hire this bozo?.......

"It was my decision,” a defensive Ryan said of the questionable call, during a contentious postgame session with reporters.

“You're talking about competing all week. That was my decision all the way."

Asked why he would put his potential starter at risk of an injury so late in a preseason contest, Ryan fired back, “Why compete, period? We're there to win. We had our starting offense out there because we are trying to win the game. Injuries are part of the game."

But Ryan didn't have his whole starting offense out there — the second-string offensive line was guarding "The Sanchise."
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Well BLEW, let me give a shout out to someone I've been pretty tough on for at least getting that call right .......

The Deaner and Co.

As bad as Norv and AJ ended up being, nothing could have compared to the debarcle this club would have become had Sexy Rexy got the job.

Never in the history of any sport, anywhere in the World, has a big-mouthed blowhard, EVER been able to turn :poop: into Strawberries & Cream, NO matter how much they tell you they are capable of doing so.
    Ryan is the epitome of a bloke who makes up for geniune talent in the coaching field, by talking absolute crap and never backing it up with results.
    Anyways has excuses, hides his flaws by trying to manipulate anyone stupid enough to listen to his dribble and rhetoric and NEVER takes the blame ........................... in other words, a deadset LOSER.

Thanks again Deaner, you at least got that call 100% correct. ;)
  6. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    I wish I could. Money is tight. I'm in the process of moving out of the apartment and into a trailer until I get my land cleared and livable. It's not only eating up my cash, but also my vacation time. Hopefully this time next year things will be settled.
  7. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    But his foot fetish would have made him pervy enough to fit right in in San Diego
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    All good mate, get the duck's in a row and we'll catch up again one of these days to watch another Charger win in person. :tup:
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    He and the Ex-mayor would have been a right good pairing.
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    No names, No pack drill .............. but found this sentence from a fellow poster mildly amusing. :whistling:

"The Chargers are going to carry 3 QBs, love how CBJ has come so far in such a short period and I love Sorensen's laser arm."

Say whaaaaaaaaaaa ??? :eek: ... Flummoxed to the max .... [​IMG]
  11. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    We ain't spring chickens, mate. Can we hold out that long???
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +71 / 3 / -0
    Apparently the color of the sky in some people's world is more LSD induced
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Well I can only speak for myself here ...................

I wouldn't be leaving it too far in the future. ;)
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    hahahaha, apparently so.

7 years in the league is short if compared to George Blanda I guess ...... ;)
  15. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Hey BLEW, I'm enjoying the amount of :poop:, Greeny & Golic are giving Sexy Rexy on Mike & Mike at the moment.

How he still has a job after that Presser is insane, has anyone checked Woody Johnson for a pulse lately by the way ???

I'm hoping he doesn't get the flick though, love hangin' :poop: on this guy and seeing him squirm like the pig he is when confronted, it's sheer classic comedy.
  16. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
  17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,332 / 35 / -15
    I didn't see the context for that statement, but my initial reaction
    was that it looked like a reference to CBJ's looking terrible
    against the Seahawks the first preseason game, August 8th...
  18. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +174 / 8 / -0
    Wish I could see you on your trip, but things are too hectic right now.... maybe next time.
    You know how it can get.
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Like you say, we know we're playing Rivers and Mathews. Therefore turnovers are a concern with this team.

That's true about Harris. But I bet they still keep Starks. If only to piss you off ;)
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    If they plan to dump Meachem, then cutting Starks would lighten the hit. ;)

Would you rather have an old descending vet for $$$, or an ascending 2nd year player $?
  21. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Syd was all over that one. :cool:.. Hopefully, the original poster learned something about Chow, and something about questioning the validity of THAT Moderator/fan's statements. :D
  22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings Received:
    +945 / 2 / -2
    Hmm.... What do you guys think of CB Marcus Cromartie? I haven't been watching him much, more focused on line play this exhibition season than anything else, (where the ball following television coverage will LET me. <sigh>)... He kind of caught my eye running down what should have been a Bears TD from behind a couple games ago and I remember thinking you cannot coach raw speed - and wondering if he is coach-able/trainable? Worth keeping based on raw physical gifts? I wonder...
  23. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Chow...
    [​IMG]

Chao...
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    I'd keep them both. And dump Meacham and Whitehurst.
  25. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    You definitely need to cut another vet if you dump Meachem...... which they really should. Money or not, it's an insult to the other players who earned a spot to keep a guy just because of his salary hit.
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Deano's been willing to do it before, and TT has the nads. So unless they actually see promise in the guy (?!) I don't see it. Though I gotta say I figured they'd axe him this round. Maybe they're hedging on more WR injuries. But even so, I think Willie or Naanee would be better than Meacham.
  27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Am I crazy to think that the Kekua incident and the ongoing 'injury' spring from the same source?
  28. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +174 / 8 / -0
    Evening Sirs.............. and Brother Dave.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Yes. ;)
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Cut his ***...... ;)

Max Starks fighting for roster spot

Max Starks knew when he joined the Chargers in May that he'd be competing.

He didn't expect it would be for this.

The Chargers tackle has spent most of the past three months vying for the starting spot on the left side. Now that it's apparent King Dunlap is the choice there, although not officially declared by coach Mike McCoy, Starks' roster spot appears firmly in jeopardy as he finds himself in a new competition.

Starks, 31, and Michael Harris, 24, are competing to be the Chargers' swing tackle. The reserve role supports either the left or right tackle as needed during a game.

The recent division of reps suggests Harris is the favorite.

When Dunlap briefly exited Saturday's exhibition with an ankle injury, it was Harris who replaced him. When Dunlap missed Monday's practice with ankle soreness, it was Harris again who brought support.

A nine-game starter in 2012 as an undrafted rookie, Harris has practiced mostly on the right side this offseason. That experience and his current first-team work seem to be preparing him to handle the versatile swing role in the regular season.

"We've got one more game," Harris said, referring to Thursday's exhibition finale against the 49ers. "Just got to go out there and prove to the coaches that they can count on me and I can be a guy who can come in and play. ... I've got Phil (Rivers) and all the quarterbacks counting on me. If something happens to one of our tackles, I need to be able to go in and not skip a beat."

The situation has deteriorated rapidly around Starks.

Dunlap opened the first two weeks of training camp as the first-team left tackle, performing well and establishing himself over Starks as the favorite for the job. The outlook was reinforced during the first game when Dunlap was sharp in a 12-play scoring drive. Starks followed with a second team that was out of sync.

On Aug. 10, the two veterans started rotating at first-team left tackle in practice. They then rotated series against the Bears, as Starks started and played 21 snaps. After that game, the rotation with Dunlap quickly ended.

During the weeks Dunlap saw favorable practice reps, Starks emphasized the importance of games. On Monday, he said he would've liked "more of an opportunity" to get in games with the ones, "but that's not the way it went."

The Chargers must cut their roster from 75 to 53 players before Saturday at 3 p.m.

"Is it tough?" Starks said. "No. It's football. I leave it to them upstairs. I don't know how they feel or think, so I guess we'll see after this game."