1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    Not sure I know u on here but ty very much...........

2. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    yes, yes it could have.......I thank god nobody died....... ty sir.

3. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    X-Man, Sorry to see and hear what happen! Keep your chin up! :tup:

Sending positive thoughts to you and your family! :tup:

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    Love our tailgate - some of the best people I know are always there and running things :)

I found some face-value via chargers.com/ticketmaster but not sure how I feel about going solo - I usually have a partner in crime who doesn't mind me "getting loud" when the D is on the field.

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    if you can snag yourself a seat near P22, Row 20, your more than welcome to join the Deev and do a Duet together, that way you can always just glance across at her as if your totally innocent and she's the loud-mouth....... :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    Call the Charger ticket office, when I called today I was told that all they have left for the game.... Is single seats

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

• Like Like x 1
  7. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    TY Jack, for your call, well wishes and advice...... needed to hear a positive voice today.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    I will def check it out tonight when i get done at the gym! Would be waaaay more fun being around Bolts fans :) and not stuck between donkey fans :barf:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    Just logged back in after taking a couple days off and saw your reports/pics of what happened - (took Heidi to Dr. for 3rd time, got new meds that aren't tearing her up and more lab work. Results this morning show improvement but white blood cell count still very, very high. She is on the mend).

Damn Brother, so sorry to see this happen to y;all. Murphy says the bad stuff will happen when you are at lowest ebb, (still recovering from the move, changing jobs, etc.), and here it is. :(

Hang in there and apply then tenants every place you can. This too will pass, and I pray it will be soon and with minimal further hurt. Thoughts and prayers Bro.

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Hoping the best for Heidi, Dave, damn medications these days seem to do more harm than good in the long run Im afraid
    I had a weird start to my day yesty........ woke up and felt like there was a ton of lead weight in my stomach and quite severe pains to go with it, had trouble standing fully upright...... had a moment there where I'd thought the ol' hernia may have ruptured as to that area in particular was quite painful to touch. Anyway, as the day progressed I figured it couldn't be that serious as I wasn't feeling any nausea or ill feeling, so figured I may have just strained a stomach muscle.
    So, wake this morning, its completely gone, no pain anywhere ........... Deev has assessed that it was natures way of telling me to stay away from eating the MC RIB !!! :eek:

Surely that can't be so .................. can it ? :D

By the way Dave, do you have anytime available to hook up for a coffee while Im in town ???........Im sure I could head over to El Cajon without to much drama at any time.

Would love to meet you and your better half if the opportunity were possible ...........its OK if not, Im used to knock-backs from Blewy, so I wont be offended in the least. ;)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
  12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    Okay, for a team that was ranked an average of 27th at season's beginning :cry:
    (and a more charitable 24th in these ESPN Power Rankings)
    I'm certainly not going to let this go to my head...after all, this team has
    only been decimated by injury since that 27 average...

but still...would anyone have conceived in early September of our humble
    Chargers being ranked 16 slots in front of the Steelers at this juncture?

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 12.17.37 PM.png

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
  14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Sounding more likely that we should have Johnson and Rynhart back this week for sure, Butler still questionable though. :(
    So glad to hear that Dunlop's concussion wasn't as severe as first thought, I was really starting to think we were cursed when it come to LT's ......

15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6
    LOL........
    [​IMG]

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
  18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I fail to see the significance as to why this has been posted other than the fact it makes you erect !!!!!

Well, thats one way to curb my appetite I guess, not feeling peckish whatsoever now !!!! :(

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Why dont you just get a real computer or tablet?

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    .....and they certainly wouldn't qualify as "Dash-hounds"

strange choice of breed if you ask me.

my have been better going with some type of "lap puppies" I reckon. :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -1
    You can either copy/paste or type it out with the touch screen keyboard

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I have a "real poota"....... its on the coffee table at home currently, as this is far easier to lag around the world, just wish it was able to copy & paste as simple as the older OS do.....

I bet the latest Windows OS doesn't do it either these days, it totally bets me as to why these company's keep changing the stuff that consumers like and become used too ?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  23. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    Jack, I do so appreciate the thought, but Mate - I am not going *anywhere* while she is still this sick. She is a lot sicker than I spelled out, so will be kinda blunt with TMI.

Finally got a proper diagnosis at mid-week last week. Turns out she has developed very severe diverticulitis with infection. Her white blood cell count is better, but still WAY to high, (found out today after a 3rd trip to our Dr. yesterday for different meds that don't tear her up quite so bad, and more lab work). This is something I've had a *lot* of "personal experience" with over this past 10 years or so - and when he made that diagnosis for her it was like a light bulb popped in my head. That diagnosis explained everything she has gone through in this last two weeks as I went through the same thing in 2003. So far, prognosis is good and she remains an out-patient while they/she fights the infection. Near as he can tell her bowel has not been perforated, which would require admission/surgery to remove the affected section. As of yesterday morning she is now on a combination of "Ciprofoxacin" and "Clindamycin" and seems to be responding far better to that than what she was on since Wednesday. So now it seems she is getting proper treatment to go along with that proper diagnosis - something that HER system can accept.

The other antibiotics were SO strong her system over-reacted and she couldn't even keep down water, just ice chips, and hardly any solids. Yesterday she was able to keep down Ritz crackers and flat 7-up and lots of water. Today she has FINALLY been able to eat a little more solid food and keep it down and is having no problems staying hydrated. (HAPPY DANCE!) We have joked about her going on an extreme diet - as of yesterday she had lost 12 pounds since it really got bad.

Once we get her past the infection, the on-going treatment to keep this stuff under control is very simple and easy, but it is life-long. I'll be a lot more help in making certain she takes her "Muck", (psyllium based fiber supplement), the same time I do each day, and helping her make the same dietary changes I have. ;) Any kind of seeds are particularly bad, even those in tomatoes have to be scraped out/avoided while you can still enjoy the fleshy part. That kind of thing. Its kind of like diabetes - you simply learn to live with it - or not. ;)

Know you and the Diva will understand Jacko. I don't take missing the opportunity to finally shake your good right hand lightly. Gotta get my little German gal back on her feet. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary come February and I want to take her back to Vegas hoping to get her to re-commit to keeping me for another 50, warts and all. :tup::cool:

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    have tried to C & P, just wont do it..... as for typing it in !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I have a life ya know ! ;)

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Gawd damn you Man ..... now look what you went and did ..... :cry:

you have nothing but my total admiration and understanding, goes without saying.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and yours always ........ and I look forward to next Feb to hear all about the celebrations that follow. :tup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    Right back atcha Mate! (...and thanks for understanding). -=dave=-

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Well, no big trades to be concerned about before today's deadline I see ......

Gotta admit though, got a little worried there for a second when Jared Allen's name came up as a possible move to the DONKO's !!!!!!! :eek:

Now that would have been tough to swallow ..... :cautious:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    To keep you purchasing more assistance packages...

29. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    ....and books, lots of books!
    [​IMG]

30. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -1
    Good point !
    "Folks like Jack" really do their part for stimulating our economy ;)