1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    I thought it was the Geelong Wallabies?
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    I cant keep his Wednesday nights straight from his Friday nights.... My bad...
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    True, but Kappy's game has improved ever since Crabtree has been back and if Crabtree is doubled up, it'll be Boldon or Davis, so pick your poison. On the other hand, Wilson hasn't been to impressive as of late.
  4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    It's going to come down to D, and the crowd noise will give hawks huge lift.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    The Searattle secondary gives up a ton of yards, but ranks very high in the turnover department. Kappy has to play a near perfect game, and Gore has to be an impact for the 9'ers to move on to the dance.
  6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    A few of y'all have asked for Sandy's point of view re his banning. He emailed me this tonight:

Greetings Corksoakers,
    I have been experiencing some rather significant changes of late which some of you may be familiar with. Professionally I tossed in my career in film and television, which I had been involved in for decades after following a similar path as my father. Sometimes it is good to make a change even in one’s later years. I applied for and happily was granted access to a law school. Media work has been dumbed down to the point where I could no longer deal with it in good conscience.

In a way what has happened here over the last couple of weeks parallels that experience. I am very happy to move on, but I would like to address the group before I go. That decision is final and I will not be grovelling my way into anybody’s good favor. I am not going to file a defense, but there are a few points I wish to rebut or clarify. Mainly there are the posters I wish to thank for laughs and good times since that day Shamrock invited me to join JNCP.

The fact that I have asked some very pointed questions to the management of this board and that of the sister Packer Forum is without debate. I noticed several inconsistencies regarding posters being banned. The results of my findings got me banned as well. Of course shooting the messenger is the easiest way of dealing with the situation. What I posted on this board is a matter of public record. robdog was sent pms. None of these were profane or even disrespectful. The great majority went unanswered.

Now the Taco Theory would lead us to believe that this is one big party, we’re all invited and we have an obligation to behave. We are all the recipients of happy benevolence and are duty bound to shut up. This is where I beg to differ. Shamrock told me when he was a mod over at the CMB that the Chargers ran that board as a plus/minus zero operation. They were not willing to subsidize it one cent. Likewise, bloggers for newspapers are expected to reach a certain level of hits. Bolttalk if it is to generate advertising revenue would be no different. It is an enterprise.

The service being provided is minimal. The forum is an empty shell where the users provide the content. And when the users provide the content, they also should have a say in how content is dealt with.
    Regarding recent posts in here, I have a few comments. Character evidence like: ‘robdog has always been fair” is as useless as: “Sandolf has been banned only when he has been at fault.” Blitzy came the closest to recognizing that neither has to be the truth in this case. Good people lie. Some villains tell the truth. If the defense comes forth with good character evidence, THEN the prosecution can submit a criminal record to rebut this. But in this case there was nothing put forward by the owner of this site and the Taco Theory would prove me guilty anyway. If the user base here is happy with that level of indulgence, then by all means. Enjoy! The rule of law here would dictate a one week warning ban. Did I get one? No. The fact my first ban here is permanent should indicate an irregularity to even the most adamant internal defender of BT style justice!

For select individuals I have a few words.
    Jack: I look forward to future email conversations.
    Pump: You surely remember our last pm exchange. I know that you know. That is all.
    Blew: Maybe you can overcome whatever doesn’t allow you to become more approachable, intellectually as well as otherwise.
    Mr. E. Choppie: Thanks for taking the time for writing the eulogy. I thought it was a good effort and I want to say that I too enjoyed our friendly competition and the respect you sensed was real. It was like guts Frisbee. I tried to take your head off. You caught them and threw it back. Others just ducked, whined or acted stupid.

Choppie’s stats may be somewhat askew concerning my general unpopularity. No doubt in his circles that would be the case. For the rest of you Corkholsters, you should know better. My grating style was no more serious than jackfrosting’s self-depreciation.

I don’t regret my fact finding mission and support of Oz. It was the honorable thing to do. Had it been Pump who was banned, I would have been equally tenacious. It is about community. The community is the board, not the management, not the owner. If you don’t believe me, that is your prerogative. It wouldn’t surprise me. It would have a few months back but not anymore.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    I see your point that in a defensive battle, i.e, a low scoring game; the home team with that ferocious D and the loudest crowd is favored. However, if Kappy launches some missiles on target, I saw enough drop off in Wilson's production to able able to match Kappy with the kind of stout D which the 9'rs field.
  8. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    Since Lynch himself is not exactly chopped liver, I have no doubt that his running attack vs all those 9'rs all-pro LBing corp will be a feast for the eyes :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. guerro619

guerro619 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    At least you know a few things[/quote]
    Who the farg made you the know all high almighty ruler of this forum. Yeah your posting is contradictory. If you're just here to insult people just to get your pecker wet, I suggest be careful who you're saying it to, ese.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    jaja! No one else but you, topo culo
  11. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Even chicken droppings should be embarrassed to be smelling next to Conc...I can't see how I am your problem
  12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    My 2 cents regarding Sandy, after reading his open email via Ringo:

It is now very clear that he's very passionate about defending an ideal as summarized by this statement:

"Had it been [sic: anyone] who was banned, I would have been equally tenacious. It is about community. The community is the board, not the management, not the owner."

My question is as to why approach defending this ideal in a prosecutorial fashion, after the "Free OZ" attempt was locked down? His passion is very reminiscent of the Martin Niemoeller's famous quote, "firstly they came for..." Sometimes to be a bit of a Blewy vs the jovial Jackie type is not necessarily a bad thing. After all, this is the Internet and whatever is posted even if in jest, gets recorded and then embedded forever somewhere there in the virtual Universe! The camaraderies made through bits and bytes is very different as opposed to the traditional type. I can't speak for Blewy, but I find the little caption in his signature very telling ;)

Best of luck to you Herr Sandolf in your new career path :tup:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. guerro619

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    All I'm saying is careful who you are insulting. You don't know me. And I know these guys alot longer than you do Oz. I'm all about respect. You farg with the wrong person in insulting MEM. Just to get a reaction and sheetstir. Big man behind a computer. Orale.
  14. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Are you sure you're not talking about yourself? Who do you think you are and who do you think I am? what exactly do you plan on doing to me when we meet?
  15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    According to BOz (in a response to me a few pages back) the Chargers aren't my team by merely the focus of the team which I abide by (he was generalizing, that I'm sure of). What is telling from that statement is the projection of his own thoughts and frame of mind toward fandom. BOz thinks of himself (well, his Internet alter ego really) as a true American rebel, a dissident, a nonconformist and someone with absolute entitlement of challenging any and all authorities, rules, etc; even if set by any privately owned rinky-dink website (CMB, BT, etc...)

Someone like me on the other hand (the Blitzy character) is on here just for fun, some laughs and as a gag. As long as there's diversity, I go along with the ride without feeling the need to find the answers to the most pressing questions to the Universe on a farging website! If I do get banned, I need no defense, no tears and no eulogy, because I, Blitzy, don't really exist!

At the end of the day, it's all about clarity of reality vs the delusion of an illusion ;)
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    every time you make a feeble attempt to discuss the issues you seem to care about, remember your shame
  17. guerro619

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Exactly. I met you in person. And lets just say it was a complete shock how you are outside of the forum. But it was awesome to meet you in person.

You still crack me up in here.
  18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    Honestly, I didn't make you! Ask Mommy. I was only 5 when you were born. Maybe your sister, since I came to age at around 7 and halfish.
  19. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    3 cheers for RobDog ............. Hip Hip, Hoooooooooooooo Rayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. guerro619

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    My time is more valuable than follow with your shtick. I would let things slide. Shake your hand, and have a Cervesa if we met.
  21. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Oh! I see now why you'd assume you could threaten me with any chance of me taking you seriously! You have me confused with some other poster as we have never met.
  22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    You seen/felt how cheap he was Goo, inperson for memory at the Coronado Inn.............. remember how the rubber gloves in the sink were missing a little finger ??? :roflmao:
  23. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    He might now hate you more than he does Sandolf!
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    Pssst! He was talking to me! Past your bedtime my (almost could be) son ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41

hahahahahahahaha ........ :roflmao:

You forgot to tell him to bring his knee pads and a bib.
  26. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    lol...yeah on that! And I guess he really wants to shake my hand too!

*edit* Even if my dad was an insecure gay guy and my mother an insecure woman who would have sex with him outside her marriage, the rest of it it is more unlikely than that! I get the feeling you are beating it when you read my words.
  27. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    Absolutely, awesome games expected, not sure which way I'm leaning in the Niner/SeaChook game yet, not certain I can see both away teams winning, but, stranger things have happened.
  28. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    He must have gone off the Prep H again !!
  29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 16 / -2
    OK Jack (by the time when you get here) and rest of you degenerates! I need to go get my Geezer sleep to wake up in time for my morning coffee, walk with the dogs (a promenade of sorts really) and the rest of the unscheduled tossing around before 12:00 Noon PST. So long and arrivederci MoFossssssssssssss
  30. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    I'm pretty sure he just accused you of being Gay !!!

Well, finally something he may have some real insight into.............................. Good judge of character !!! :D