1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    If that amuses you, then don't even try to wrap your noggin' around Mr. Frost's world of self congratulation. ;)

2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    I am Blitzy and I approve of my own messages.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    In all fairness, Blewy did slip in the provisor, "in general" rather than, "in total", so it is perfectly fine to be in agreement without suspicions of inbreeding ;)

4. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -2
    "Mayock said that if the top few edge rushers are gone before No. 25, he recommends, along with the corners, three large linemen: nose tackle Louis Nix III, end Ra'Shede Hageman and end Stephon Tuitt."

Gee, Mayock always gets more right in his afterthoughts than in his first inclinations.. ;)

5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    That makes two of you. :D

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Chargers got bang for the dollar in '13
    By Tom Krasovic
    APRIL 16, 2014

Mike McCoy and his Chargers team gave owner Dean Spanos strong turns on the dollar in 2013, while in the NFL, the difference among teams' spending on player payroll paled in comparison to major league baseball.

Those are two takeways from a Global Salary Survey of sports teams released this week by ESPN The Magazine.

The Chargers spent $1.98 million per player, ranking 18th in the NFL. Yet they were among 12 teams to reach the postseason. Beating the Bengals in the Wild Card round made San Diego one of eight finalists in the Super Bowl tournament.

In the NFL, a yearly salary cap and a four-year spending floor clumps teams together in spending over a four-year cycle.

San Diego's teams blend into that picture. While the Chargers weren't in the league's top half of spending, they were a lot closer to the top than the Padres were.

The Chargers spent $105.3 million on payroll; the Super Bowl champion Seahawks, second in the NFL, were at $122.1 million. That's a gap of about $17 million. The Padres, meanwhile, were about $119 million behind the Yankees -- $89.9 million to $208.9 million.

Coaches salaries apparently weren't part of ESPN's calculations, but it is safe to say Mike McCoy gave Spanos excellent value as a rookie head coach within the big-spending AFC West. I don't know McCoy's salary. McCoy's predecessor in San Dieo, Norv Turner, was due about $3 million in salary last year despite his dismissal after the 2012 season (by hiring Turner, the Browns likely provided Spanos salary relief equal to a veteran offensive coordinator's salary). Based on head-coaching experience, McCoy's salary was probably less than $3 million.

Elsewhere in the AFC West, the Chiefs paid coach Andy Reid $7.5 million, and Broncos coach John Fox received a salary of $5 million to $6 million. Dean Spanos ought to feel very good about the first-year return on investment from both McCoy and Tom Telesco, who was a rookie general manager.

Following are AFC West payrolls for 2013:

Broncos $117.3 million (4th in NFL)

Chiefs $115.1 million (6th)

CHARGERS $105.3 million (18th)

Raiders $62.5 million (32nd)

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
  8. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Oh yeah......................now there's a real "winner" of a comp if ever I've seen one.

Typical Rams ................... that organisation has been ripping off its supporters since the day they arrived in town.

When I first seen it, I thought, well thats a fair prize, but then I read it more closely and realized that you had to actually name the games in order and all the other bullshite associated. :rolleyes:

Farging NostraFrostas couldn't pull that one outta his arse, typical of those pricks, offer up something totally unwinnable..........................corksoakers !!! :cautious:

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Ahhhh YES, "the winning trade" that netted the Gnats 2 Superbowls and us ZERO appearances thus far.

YEP, that sounds like a "win"to me !!! :whistling:

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

What is Luis Castillo up to these days Conc ?????????????????????? :roflmao:

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    He does have his moments (albeit rarely) .........................bet it has something to do with that Red Moon shite the other night !!! [​IMG]

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I may have to find the farging Gum boots shortly................... the love-juice in here is getting deeper and almost lapping my ankles.

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    Hey Matilda, just keep reading on... Never make a hasty comment in this thread ;)

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    OK, thats cool ..............how do you do that ?

He also has a pidgeon chest from slapping himself on the back so often. :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    I refer you to my previous post ;)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

HEY.............lets leave Bucko out of this convo when he's not here to defend himself.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I think they are neighbours ................... or whats also commonly known as in that part of the world.............. "Bum Chums" ( make of that reference what you will)

18. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -6

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    What the farg have I congratulated myself about lately ???

I was first to admit I was totally off the mark in my prognostications about the W/L record last year and was more than happy to own it.

Now you on the other hand, are yet to ever own up to anything that I recall !!! :D

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    So where's the "agree" thingamajiggy ya useless sandal-wearing bare-back rider ????????

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    ....and what a horrid pair they make !!!! [​IMG]

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Is BLEW moonlighting as Maylock ??? ............. :roflmao:

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

Well yeah ............................seeing as Larry the Lemon only counts as 1/4 a defender when on the field, then what hope do we have ?

The QEII can be docked quicker than Larry making up the 70 yards he's ran past the oppossing QB on any given snap........................poor bastard has to contend with the concession stand crowds, hot dog vendors and the beer guys before he even see's the grass again, that can't be easy.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Why stop now ?????????????????????????????????? [​IMG]

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Im Mc Lovin' the vibes between you and SandyBob ........................ he also looks good in a turban I might add, so thats a couple of things you guys have in common !!! ;)

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42

PUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thats only played on special occasions ............................like when we enter the hot tub.

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I love me Easter ....................... "Good Friday" off tomorrow (because us Aussies are such a God-fearing bunch of heathens afterall ;)), one of the few public holidays I don't lose because it doesn't fall on a farging Monday !!! :D

Always found that rather amusing when living over there ..................... for being such a "fervent religious culture", Easter isn't celebrated much at all......................hell, I'd rank Valentines Day as taken more seriously !!! :p

[​IMG]

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +305 / 18 / -2
    I personally prefer the Sikh Dastar as opposed to the Muslim turban. I've been told that the dastar really brings out my hazel eyes ;) Something like this one (but not so much Vikingish purple):

[​IMG]

Sandybob on the other hand, I would imagine that he prefers to sport this type, complemented with the Palestinian Keffiyeh (to be truthful to the radical type who he is) :D

[​IMG]

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    No, you've nailed it in one, nice work. I recall seeing SandyBob in a red/white full on Sheik wrap/teatowel for memory, it was most becoming.

That number above is very chic, powder blue replacing the purple would be a plus and I could see you wooing those Persian Princesses in those "silks" !!! :tup:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  30. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    This is the look for this year. A simple, but elegant design inspired by those caps you put on the chair legs to prevent scratching the hardwood.

[​IMG]

Purple is in. Go Norv!