1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +180 / 8 / -0
    WTF is wrong with this......... sick *** world we accept nowadays........ non story next week, so sad!

http://on.ksdk.com/1lj4xc1

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

Oh wow, "longstanding tradition" !!!!

Well then, that must mean it's OK

Well, please excuse my ignorance, afterall, tradition in this instance is obviously a vital ingredient in maintaining a healthy and vibrant chemistry within a team atmosphere !!!! :rolleyes:

Maybe we could also bring back a few other past "traditions" perhaps ? ......... Afterall, they were also once thought of as "just the way it is", one comes to mind immediately actually, but I somehow doubt it would go down very well in these times. :whistling:

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    The sooner that Seth Blattner clown is taken out, the better off the world would be ........ How he is still around is absolutely beyond me.

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Pumpy has an ally on this subject I see .......... Interesting !!! :laugh:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    Some things never change X ......... Want to be protected against the laws of the land if your a pedophile ?

Join the Clergy and hide behind the "religion card" ......... Automatic "get out of jail card" waiting at the door, along your robes and funny hat.

6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +356 / 11 / -6
    My point mate was that it's much bigger then the player saying no.

The big issue is the league reeducating today's players.

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    OH, OK, so your not condoning it ? ...............................from your first post on the subject it was rather hard to gauge where you stood on the matter, my bad.

So your saying that because its been a tradition for many years, the veteran players themselves need to be re-educating by the League as to why its a no longer an acceptable practice these days.................. is that correct ?

My argument with that is quite simple ............................. are these vets so unfamiliar with the real world that they are incapable of seeing that its just another form of Hazing/Bullying/Harassment, (whatever word you'd like to associate it too) and basically illegal in society these day's ?................................why on earth is it the responsibility of the league to "educate" these fools ? ................... weren't they already afforded a free ride through College where you'd like to at least think they learnt something in regard to what is and isn't acceptable behaviour in society.

Now I have nothing against a Rook gooing out and paying for a meal with team mates, but this whole charade has now become all about nothing more "let's see how large a tab we can rake up for the media" and for whatever reason, the public lap it up and find it amusing.

Excessive showing and wasting of wealth has never been something I find particularly amusing to be honest.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,748 / 39 / -8
    Why would it be the leagues job to re-educate? For the same reason that major corporations offer counseling for their employees. That reason is the Court of Public Opinion (CPO for short). For all intents and purposes the players are what make the money for the NFL. Therefore the league has to appear to be concerned and take action when one of the cogs is misaligned...

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,879 / 48 / -26
    Unless, that offender is an owner. ;)

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,748 / 39 / -8
    True, but owners are not cogs... They are tools... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,446 / 36 / -16
    Really Jack? Having a newly rich athlete pick up a big tab for the vets
    (as those vets did for the generation before them) seems like "bullying" to you?
    Wow! Modern Australia must be a lot more delicate than I imagined...

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,748 / 39 / -8
    I don't know... I agree with Jack's last line about wasting wealth. It is all too common in professional sports where young men become richer than they have ever known over night. They blow it by 'making it rain' or having entourages etc... If you think about it, someone could make a case that the rookie dinner is setting a bad example for the newly enfranchised players that will be continued on and on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    That's my exact point Conc .........................ofcourse I having nothing against the idea of rook treating his fellow vets to a meal ................but WITHIN REASON is what I'm saying.

A $17,000 food bill is obscene beyond words ......... and don't try and tell me its NOT all about the publicity it generates.

Go and spend that on feeding the genuine homeless or those struggling through no fault of their own if you want to leave a legacy, but you'll never convince me that spending that amount on others who in all likelyhood are better off than the kid stuck paying the bill, is nothing more than attention-seeking waste.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    Does the player get a choice ? ......................... if not, yes it would be considered bullying in today's world.

I never said I totally agreed with all the occurances that are labelled with the Bully/Harassment tag these days Lancelot and without doubt, the world has gone soft to the point of madness, but its a fine line you must admit and there will always be those that use intimidation to get what they want.

Oh yeah, modern day Australia certainly isn't what I remember before heading off abroad, thats a given, but I dare you to tell me a place that is, other ofcourse than many Countries that still live in the 18th century. ;)

15. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Our Rook fatboy is getting an opportunity to work with the 1st string for a little spell...

Meanwhile there is another article up over on Dot Com talking about Reinhart's decision to accept a two year contract to remain with the bolts in March. Good stuff, when he was on the field he was *effective* - knowing Coach D really helped him contribute after becoming a Bolt.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,748 / 39 / -8
    Pffffft! $17,000.... That is me, Punkin and Blitzy at Donavan's for a light snack! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,748 / 39 / -8
    My initial response was targeted more towards the locker room bullying that was made public with the Dolphins. Rookie hazing is a different creature, sorta like some military frockings....

18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +290 / 18 / -2
    Disclaimer:

Blitzy is a very sophisticated aristocrat who is used to living it up like a hooray-henry! (ref: Monty Python) Blitzy runs up the bill purely because he is not a cheap date as opposed to the two aforementioned rotund gents who just run up the bill purely to nurture their natural curves and girth :p

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

Or .........

Allowing clubs to provide stimulates, ped's, or turning a blind eye to serious injuries that could have a long-lasting effect to a persons future health issues once their football career is over !!!

Let's be honest here ......the NFL is always going to do what's in the best interest of the game longterm, players come and go and know the risks involved (or should)

Duty of care is the responsibility of both sides as far as I'm concerned.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    You and Pumpy for shizzle !!!! .........now Poofessoria I'm not sure can be included in this grouping, light as a Fairys fart and totally consumed with keeping his girly frame in shape. :D

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

There we go ....... Just as I mentioned.

Any day now I fully expect him to post a Kardashian-type selfie of himself in full makeup and thong bikini. :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    I figured that's what you were referring to Conc ....... And yes, whether we older types like it or not, shite that we took as good hearted banter is now frowned upon and categorized as bullying or harassment.

The Ol', "sticks & stones" analogy is certainly a thing of the past unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +356 / 11 / -6
    Juen 12, 2014 I agree with Jack :tup:

$15,000 could help a lot of people and be uesed for a better cause!

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

Right !!!! .......................so we now have 13 months in a year ! :eek:

Another fargin' memo I obviously missed. :(

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

BETTER THAN......

[​IMG]

26. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +356 / 11 / -6
    lol

If it's more than three letters I have issues!

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    Guess who got new titties from Santa ?????????????

[​IMG]

I've seen Aerobic balls less perfectly shaped than that !!!! :eek:

Once a Ranga, alway's a Ranga though ......

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42

hahahahahaha, NO :poop: Sherlock !!! :D :tup:

So your favorite month is MAY no doubt ?

29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +356 / 11 / -6
    I took a special class, it's July!

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +854 / 54 / -42
    RIP Chuck Noll.............one of the Best their ever was at the job he did.