1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Norv

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pure-sol, Oct 3, 2013.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    I do not know who this Norv you speak of is

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,447 / 36 / -16
    Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 5.16.04 PM.png
    Do you remember this guy, Ant?

3. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -0
    No. Why should it bother you? Norv is and will always be a great coordinator. He's just not a very good head coach. Most of the problems we had during his time were really not his fault.
    Now if AJ turns around and has success that would burn me a little:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 19 / -4
    I'm taking regular flashy thingy hits to stop remembering. And let's be honest if the Jewish guy is breaking out the exorcism crap then it's BAD here :)

5. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +230 / 1 / -0
    Time to transfer this thread to a Cleveland Browns board. The last time I looked, Norv had left the building.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Could have used Norv last night on two fronts, head coaching and OC. For OC, as much as I like Wisenhunt's/MM's fast attack, the wide-outs get no separation. People with a Madden Football understanding of the game hate committing to the run ("runs up the middle" they like to say) but Norv was successful everytime he ran a 2 yard dive because he's more than just setting up the next play, he's playing long term chess and he had slow guys open 20 yards down often---Amazing what PR did last week as those wide-outs were blanketed and he made perfect passes. Remember when PR used to underthrow long posts and the receivers would stop and wait for the ball and still get TD's? Well that's over
    Head Coaching? Remember the **** Norv got for not knowing which Running Back was in the game (people didn't get the part where he didn't care)? Not getting your homework in in time and losing a roster spot was pretty much forgiven by SD fans a couple of weeks ago. In that same game, MM justified letting the worst secondary in the league prevent a game winning TD. The guy actually said "98 yards" as if a punt is always guaranteed to land on the 2. MM doesn't have the burden of being a genius OC, right? But look at last night...Before Mathews got injured, the plan was to feature Woodhead. This makes me think he's as dumb as Madden Football playing chargers fans and he liked the production of Woodhead the previous week without understanding how those yards came against a D battered by a bigger runner.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1