1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Not sure, But I call B.S.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    [​IMG]

After seeming like it was a forgone conclusion that Branden Albert would be traded to the Miami Dolphins, a new suitor and unexpected suitor has stepped in: the San Diego Chargers.
    According to Brian Harrington of Pro Football Central, the San Diego Chargers are highly interested in obtaining a left tackle to protect Philip Rivers in an effort to make one last run with Rivers. They are so willing, in fact, to add this tackle that they are both willing to trade their 45th overall selection in the draft to Kansas City and pay Albert the $9-$10 million per year that he is demanding.
    Reports from Miami suggest they are less willing to meet Albert’s financial demands which has sparked rumors that Albert may be on the verge of firing his agent and looking for another who could get the deal done. If he were to fire his agent, it could be assured that the likelihood of a trade being finalized before the draft would be next to none.

Should the Chiefs trade Albert to the Chargers for the 45th pick in the draft (13th selection of the second round) Harrington suggests Kansas City would target Missouri defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson. Most mock drafts currently have Richardson being selected in the first round which means either the Chiefs would trade up to get him, think Richardson will fall, or have underestimated his value. Should Kansas City walk away from this year’s draft with a new left tackle and Richardson then Chiefs fans should consider the draft a massive success.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Yeah bullshit. We can't afford him. And given there is no trade market due to his salary demands I wouldn't give up a 2nd to bail the Chiefs out of their mistake in tagging a player they didn't really want.
  3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Pretty much this. We don't have the cap room to sign him, and to be honest we can't afford to give up picks at this point with the amount of needs that we have.
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Well we're going to "give up" a pick for a LT regardless, and it fills our biggest need with a known quantity. But the financial part makes no sense, and a 2nd is too high.
  5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    If it was a 3rd and half the contract stated, maybe. But no chance are they paying $9-10mil
  6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    lol, ya that's what I was trying to say. Just a pathetic job of doing it. More of the 2nd pick is awful much to let go of for him, AND pay him 9 million/year.
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    Marty Caswell@MartyCaswell
    3h

On a scale of 1-10, I give the rumors of SD trading their 2nd rd pick, any pick, for Branden Albert & paying him $9.8 mil...a big fat zero
  8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280 / 12 / -5
    Where did that article come from? Bleacher Report? :roflmao:
  9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    I bet it was Albert's Agent leaking info to get Miami more interested. According to this it comes down to which pick KC is going to get

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total Accessthat the Dolphins are willing to meet LT Branden Albert's asking price, but the hangup in a Kansas City-to-Miami trade is draft-pick compensation.
    "I'm told the Dolphins do not have a problem with that," Rapoport said of Albert's price tag. "I know some people are saying different. I'm told they don't have a problem with it." Per Rapoport, Albert wants "Duane Brownmoney" -- not Jake Long money. Brown signed a six-year, $53.4 million extension last August, with $22.08 million guaranteed. It sounds like the Chiefs will send Albert to the Dolphins if the sides agree to trade terms. Miami has two second-rounders, but would prefer to part with No. 54 rather than 42.
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    I have a feeling if the Dolphins didn't own 42 to begin with this trade would be done already.

KC is trying to "win" the deal.
  12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    They are trying to trade rape a team after being trade raped themselves in the Alex Smith deal
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21

Funny part is they have no choice, no other team is going to trade for Albert, especially after the draft.
  14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Yep, which is why if I was the Fins, I hold out to only give up a 3rd and conditional late rounder in 2014

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  15. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +259 / 4 / -2
  16. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Kansas City will eventually give in, because they'll take a 2nd rounder versus nothing, and especially since Miami is one of the only teams to have expressed interest in him.

I call bullshit on San Diego being interested. First, KC will not deal within the division. Second, Tom Telesco will not trade away draft picks his 1st year on the job, and especially for a 28 year old, soon to be 29, who has never lived up to his 1st round selection and then on top of all this wants $9-10M a year.