1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

numb

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    I'm not even pissed now, just numb, when the last drive started I didn't even get up from the recliner, just thought "great, this is where Rivers throws another INT" (at least he didn't, so he has that going for him, which is nice), when the 4th down pass hit the ground I just quietly turned off the TV and went about my day. Other than yelling at Meachem no emotion...

I f''ing HATE feeling like this! :mad:
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Pretty much the same for me...I used a lot of choice words during the game, but I'm not really mad....the last two games still weigh heavy over this team and the fans...Now if Denver beats the Saints...then I will be sick at least for the rest of the night.
  3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +770 / 5 / -0
    ^^^ Unless the referees (who can't be touched) for this game agree that Nawlins needs to win this one too so that Goodell can appease the anger brought on by an angry Brees...
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 19 / -5
    We are who we thought we were. We only believed differently because the truth hurts.

We'll be back to our winning ways soon enough however the division may be lost.
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I had just the opposite experience. Since I was rooting for a loss the whole game, the entire experience was exciting and meaningful. It was kind of like rooting for a W in 2006.
  6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Rooting for your favorite team to lose? What a terrible fan you are.

Trust me, I can see the positive of a loss, but I will NEVER root for my team to lose in week 7. Now, bring on week 16 and 17 and we are mathematically out of it, and I will hope they lose since it doesn't matter at that point other than to improve the draft position
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    3-13 is better for this team than 7-9. If you want real change, we need currency to play with, and since this team fails at signing FAs, our best shot is having the 1st overall pick. This team would get slaughtered by the Patriots, Texans, and probably even by the Ravens, hell, Denver put up 35 on us in a half. This is not a playoff team, and it certainly isn't a SB team.

Rooting for this team to weasel it's way to 8-8 and "just miss the playoffs" is the equivalent of hoping we never improve. I'm supporting the long-term interests in the team, rather than hoping for the meager short-term gratification of a few regular season wins.
  8. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    I'm with DenverBolt, I will NEVER root against the Chargers, but after a loss I can kinda convince myself that it's one step closer from Norv getting fired (then next week I will again cheer for them to win the game)
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. mando-charger

mando-charger BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm definitely rooting for a change for our team....starting with a new hc, but I just can't root for a loss for us. I understand the poorer our record the better our draft but I can't hope for loss....this is still our team and I'll still be there Thursday night at the game cheering for them...

That being said I have to agree, after our last two losses I was angry and disgusted....now I am uncomfortably numb. The showings by this team recently are down right embarrassing....if spanos can't see this drastic changes are necessary now then he never will. I hope to see turner dismissed by season's end and hopefully taking aj with him, though I'm sure aj will remain and there are a couple of overrated lackluster players I could do with out as well.

As of now though I have resigned my self to hope for progress and hope for change and to continue to watch my team, which has a pile of talent erode, implode and decay as seems to be the way of the last two and a half seasons.
  10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Really? What if the alternative to rooting for the Chargers losing 13 measley games was that we'd be 8-8 for all time, always just missing the playoffs, and that Norv Turner would be the HC forever?
  11. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -1
    For what amounted to a good 20 minutes after the game, all I could do was shake my head and say "wowwwww".

The saddest part is this happens every year, and year after year we expect these moments to come, and we know it won't get better until something changes, and that something needs to be the leader. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that, but he isn't the right guy to lead this team.
  12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    Right there with you. I wish I could defend these guys, especially Rivers. But I cant. As you said, numb, and not comfortably so... :(
  13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Not that it matters, since you have me on ignore, but how can you not defend Rivers? Given the line and receiving options this team has, combined with Fmblitis in the 24 jersey, it's a miracle that we don't lose all of our games by 5 scores.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    I would hate to think tat another 8-8 might convince Spanos to bring back Norv for another season. No we need to really have a sh1t, sh1t, sh1tty season to make the point that in no uncertain terms Norv and AJ really do need to get fired.... And soon. I mean Spanos proved last season that he could be hoodwinked into believing Norv was worthy of keeping his job. I would never have thought I would even consider rooting for the Chargers to lose... But these are desperate times and it seems tht nothing short of an epic fail will show Deano that a firing of Norval needs to be done.

That's a pretty sad statement about the football situation in America's finest city.
  15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Present me with an option that is reality, until then, I am not wasting my time answering ridiculous questions that you know damn well won't happen.

I will stick to my statement, I will NEVER root against my team this early in the season. Once we are mathematically out of it, then that is a different story. As much as I hate Norv and AJ, i will never root for them to lose in week 8
  16. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Do you think that this team could win the SB this year? If not, then you need to root for the worst record possible. I don't think that our offensive line can protect Rivers to the tune of a playoff berth, let alone a playoff victory, and a SB win seems absurd to think about at this point.

Be honest with yourself. We just lost to the (now) 2-6 Browns. Do you really think we're winning the SB this season?

Embrace the suck, it'll make the games more enjoyable.
  17. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    The Chargers winning the Superbowl is what we all want, but I also want to enjoy my football watching sundays, and cheering for my team (and seeing them win) is something I enjoy. when they were winning 4-6 games a year I still cheered for them and I still enjoyed it when they won, even though I knew they weren't going to win anything.

Having said that if it was guaranteed that if they lose Thursday Norv would be fired then I could make a exception ;)

More enjoyable??
  18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    That is totally irrelevant. I don't even think we will have a winning record this year, but that doesn't mean I will root against them nor am I delusional enough to think that my rooting for or against them will have even the smallest bit of impact on the results on the field
  19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    why do you consider rooting for them to lose to be rooting against them? You're supporting the best interests of the team. In fact, if you don't think they'll have a winning season, then by rooting for them to win, you're rooting for the team to remain effectively the same over the long term, unable to escape from it's current mediocrity as a result of insufficient talent infusion.
  20. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +55 / 2 / -0

Until we know who will be making the draft picks, I can't bring myself to root for a loss.

I mean we can root for a bad record and the number one pick and then pick a bust or Lord knows what else. I hope for a win today, will root for a win and perhaps we'll get surprised with a Norv firing anyway. Cause regardless of game outcome today, he should still be fired. Might as well do it now to appease the fans and maybe get an increase in ticket sales for the remainder of the season.
  21. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Unless the ghost of Al Davis comes back to be our GM, I see the odds of busting out as being significantly less than the odds of getting an elite player/s.