1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offensive Line Draft Debate

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by CutCason, Oct 1, 2012.

1. CutCason

CutCason BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Current O-Line
    LT Jared Gaither
    LG Tyronne Green
    C Nick Hardwick
    RG Louis Vasquez
    RT Jeromey Clary

Thoughts And ideas on how they've done and what needs to be done/drafted in 2013?

My thoughts:
    (My crazy off the wall idea... Move Clary to Right Guard because his feet are about as fast as a snails and start Harris at right tackle and Vasquez at left guard.)
    Draft Jake Matthews or Luke Joeckel if they're Available as replacements for Gaither down the line
    With Molk and Troutman being groomed our offensive line should be alright
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Welcome to the forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +251 / 1 / -0
    I am curious on the OP's feelings about Cason... Anyone have an idea???
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    "Gosh Pa, Uncle Antoine looked
    right sorry out there on Sunday"

OP on Cason.jpg
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    I'd like to see what Dombrowski could do at left guard, that would at least mean one position could be solidified. Alternatively I think he could still be good at RG and he did play that a while back I'm also curious what Troutman can do next year but for right now I think we need to replace Clary and Vasquez ASAP. Draft a RT and maybe find someone in our group as a guard, but we need to replace both and soon.

Molk & maybe Harris are being groomed to start I think and both could be good with more seasoning. And as well they have stored Charlie Bryant for two years as he was being converted from DL to OL.
  6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    ??? on Dombrowski at LG. Time to deal with reality, admit he's not a starter and move on.
    Also, why would we think Molk any better than Schilling? Or Troutman? Or any number of late draft picks/udfas over years? Not a position comparison, just saying these are guys that don't look special when they get time. Troutman obviously being the dice roll in that observation since we haven't seen him--good flyer, but nothing to rely on.

Just because the Chargers pick someone up doesn't mean they're a starter (obvious point admittedly, but I'm wondering why above names are mentioned as fix for problems on R side of line).

I think we all recognize that there are systemic problems with Chargers OL. Hardwick's aging and is small (though he's our best OLman currently). Gaither's a wild card health-wise. Green is okay. Vasquez and Clary not so good.

I'd say LT, RT, and C are priorities. That's a heavy OL draft. Might have to get one of those through FA.