1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL *** Chargers @ Green Bay - Week 3 - GameDay Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chispa, Sep 23, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0

Yes so let's there some rest of hope to get a 10-5 playoff
    entrance and getting better every game

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 5 / -0
    I think the problem is twofold.

Number one, the coaching staff blows.

Number two, I think the players are operating under a sense of entitlement---last year was great except for losing in the playoffs, so we're "entitled" to just waltz into the Super Bowl without putting in the hard play required. Guess what, it ain't gonna happen---last year doesn't mean squat. They've gotta get their heads out of their asses and play like the lean, mean, hungry team they were in '06........otherwise, we are SCREWED.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,927 / 5 / -6
    I wonder why LT, Rivers, and Gates were yelling at each other in the 2nd half? The camera's were on them, and they were not having a very nice conversation.

4. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    I couldn't watch the game, only caught it on the internet. Clearly our defense sucks right now. How did we allow GB to score so many points? Where was the pass rush against a slow, old Favre? A 57-yard TD with 2 minutes left? We knew they had throw the ball, why couldn't we cover or tackle this guy? Rivers is having a terrible year. Making bad decisions too often. We had the lead with about 2 minutes left and couldn't move the ball or run down the clock? WTF?

Finally, the coaching staff has to take most of the blame for the last two losses. This team appears to be completely uninspired. Do they think they'll win just by showing up? It's up to the coaches to get this team ready to play every week.

I'm not looking forward to the rest of this season. At this point, I don't think we'll even make the playoffs. We'll be probably be 2 games behind Denver for the division after today and not making any improvement. Denver has a much easier schedule and has been unbelievably lucky in the last two games. Indy, NE and Pittsburgh are all rolling. Maybe we can get a wild card.

5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    Could be. I had a bowling season like that once. In 2 leagues averaged 177 and 178. Both leagues together had over 40 200 games and 4 nights of over 600 points.

6. SDSWEATHOGS

SDSWEATHOGS Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Signs of frustration. Every good team has those once in a while. I'm sure its nothing to be alarmed about.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    That's as good as any that's been offered here; fact is, many of us fans may have felt that sense of entitlement you speak of.

8. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That was a good close game with only one turnover.

Rivers' had a very good game.

Tomlinson averaged 2.8 yards a carry.

Brett Favre who set an NFL record with every completion now is in first place all time for TD passes. He only had 369 yards passing today.

All in all that was a good football game. Nothing for the Chargers to hang their head about or start pointing fingers.

The Chargers have had a difficult schedule so far this season.

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    The donks look like they're imploding and the faiders D looks good vs Cleveland.

10. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 5 / -0
    Yeah, you're probably right, Toby. I know that after almost 40 years of living and dying with this team every autumn, I figured our time was now---we've waited so long, we DESERVE it!! But football, alas, is basically a metaphor for life: in order to win, you have to do more than just show up. You have to play hard, each and every game, and never let your guard down, because there are other teams out there who want to win just as badly, or even more.

****. Three games in, and I'm already waxing philosophical. It's gonna be a long season.:no:

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171 / 0 / -0
    Five-wide- nobody is even going to run the ball against us.

And we'll rush four expecting our db's to cover for ten to fifteen seconds.

FU AJ.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Did I mention that Clinton Hart sucks?

13. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171 / 0 / -0
    Five -wide.

We're fuced.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    As long as that piece of crap is on the field, our secondary is gonna have problems.

15. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171 / 0 / -0
    He's only part of the problem Sham. We rush four and had two sacks in 45 attempts by mr turnover himself Brett Favre.

Pathetic.

The Broncos are going to tear us a new *** and it's gonna be a long year.

Nice job AJ.

16. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 5 / -0
    Why, when something ain't broke, are people compelled to fix it???!!!

Right now, I'd trade Norv Turner and the whole fargin' coaching staff back for Marty Schottenheimer on his worst day........lousy playoff record or no. At least he was engaged, marching up and down the sideline, yelling, clapping, mixing it up with the refs, challenging bad calls and so on, instead of standing there looking like a deer in the headlights. So far, I've seen none of the passion, none of the emotion that gets a team going and keeps them champing at the bit to get at the other guys...........so unlike the Chargers of last year. This year, the players look wooden..........so WHO ARE YOU AND WTF HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY TEAM???!!!

17. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    DE's is our problem, with a little scheming to cover ILB limitations.

Castillo can't stay healthy, and has been invisible even if he has been healthy for spurts this season. Igor isn't much of a pass rushing threat. Pinching them in, to cover primarily for Dobbins (we really need Wilhelm healthy) puts the DE's on interior OL, leaving OT's to block Merriman and Phillips.

Our primary pass rushers are most effective when they can get on a TE or RB. That's not happening. Therefore, no pass rush. Neither look as strong as last year, and Cottrell isn't scheming them to get off the OT's and onto lesser blockers.

Add in Jamal being limited, and he's not getting any middle push.

The CB's played pretty well. Jammer was excellent today. D-Flo gave up a few plays, but that also can be attributed to Favre's gun and accuracy. Cro showed some great coverage skills on multiple plays.

Cro screwed up by not getting his off arm around the WR's body on the go ahead TD catch, after whiffing with his other arm. Weddle took a bad angle on that play too. The Arena League Tailgate Fanclub Boy (ALFCTGB) made his typical bad read, false steps, and showed the limited route recognition skills he's become famour for since he has been here ..... Pathetic. The free safety can not give up easy plays in front of him like that. It's a simple read.

Cro dropped an INT. Hart dropped an INT (another calling card for ALFCTGB) ....

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    At this very moment, the donks are takin it in the shorts :icon_eek: :yes:

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Well, they were :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Jax jes gotta figgy, and lead 23-14, at the 2 minute warning!!

Go Jax!!

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Remember - The same mynah birds who said Clinton Hart would never start along with Marcus McNeill as bad picks now say they were right. :icon_rofl:

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    That's correct, but the first two games he was not a factor either. He has problems with his lower extremities. One thing, since I have some experience with atlhletes, is that I advocate ballet as part of the off season training program. Sounds weird, but I worked my way through school as a theatre tech and worked tech with a friend who owned a ballet school, and I'm telling you, it's a freakin' beautiful conditioning program. Think Nureyev, think Baryshnicov. We have survived off the edges of our defense since we drafted Merriman and Phillip and they were dominant. Merriman is the same guy, so is Phillips. As much as I hate to admit it, we are missing the ankle biter. It is not as much ability as experience at this point, but it also comes down to schemes. You have to put your guys into a position to make plays and Cotrell is inconsistent. Whether it's an adjustment period that was wasted during the exhibition season (I detest this preseason camouflage), or a lack of coaching smarts, I'm not prepared to say at this point because we actually played better than the first two games. I will say this. Rivers is the guy to makes or breaks this team. LT is one of his weapons. He is a major weapon. Gates is a major weapon. VJ, Malcolm and Butch are weapons, but Rivers leads this team. Put the game in his hands and let him use his weapons as he sees fit. Coaches and players have a two way channel on successfull teams. My complaint now is that we are not aggresive enough. We are not attacking, we are reacting and that sucks hind tit.