1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL Chargers @ Raiders GameDay Thread ***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Sep 14, 2009.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    My bolt had a pick :tup:

Hart /Cromartie almost cost the damn game. :tdown:
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 27 / -1
    The Raiders played one hell of a game today. :icon_shrug:

And, on top of that, who cares about what ifs? It was the Raiders, so what? They won, that's all that matters. And yes, they deserved it.

Just because they played ugly today doesn't mean they'll play ugly next week or the week after.

That's how the NFL works.
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Oh you are excused. Or irrelevant, which ever you prefer.
  4. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Not quite correct my litigious friend.

Here you are telling off a poster for disagreeing with you...

Here you mention improvements, and a lot of blah blah blah....

Starting off the post game post in a strange fashion...

Continuing by now after one game declaring that Rivera sucks... A bit of a hair trigger there buckeroo?

Here is the crowing achievement of Ant 'objectivity'. Let me put it to you this way, we played and won. If we play like that all month long, we still win. They did not quit. no game will be handed to the Chargers, they will have to earn every victory.

Look at your posts Ant, your biggest supporter right now is Matilack for petes sake. You might take the title of meltdown from him for a bit at this rate.

Do you have some points, yeah. But what your and ole meltdown seem to forget is teams are not going to roll over and play dead. The undefeated Dolphins had to win games exactly like this one. The fact is they continued to play, and they found ways to win.

Charger teams in the past before Marty came along would have quit after the 53 yard touchdown. This team did not, they stepped up and took the game from the Raiders, a team that came and smacked the Chargers in the mouth and dared them to do the same.

You and ole Meltdown seem to want to apologize for us winning, I cant do that. It is the first game of the season, the fifth game of the preseason. The Chargers won with a makeshift O line and a D still getting it right and tight. The Raiders came out to play and play hard.

The ones lacking objectivity, right now, are you and Matilack. Buck up, if you handle a win like this, how you going to handle a loss?
  5. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    This, that and the other....:tup:
  6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    I agree.

The Pats played like shiat the game before us, eked out even more of a luck win than we did in their own home.

However, I don't see too many people thinking that suddenly one of their division rivals will take the division.
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    I'm happy we pulled that game out last night, no it wasn't pretty but it was a win in a very hard fought game. We definitely need to improve over all but this was the first regular season game. Anything can happen in the first game, some teams look like Super Bowl contender's and others play the part of pretender's.

I'm sure they will reverse roles and our Bolt's will come out shining like a new dime. This coming Sunday against the Buzzards will look totally different.
  8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    At least not in this forum.

Next week the Pats take on Sanchez and the Jets. That should be an interesting game.
  9. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...I was very impressed with the Jets D. Houston has a good offense, it didn't look that way Sunday. It'll be interesting to see what Belichik has in store for Mark Sanchez. I'm a huge USC fan so I'll be pulling for him. Should be a good game.
  10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    All I know is... these San Diego boys better get real tough, real quick.

The Ravens don't have a shiitty QB that we can rely on to lose the game for them... and their defense... well... it ain't a work in progress.

Time to lose the dresses and put on the big boy pants you buncha' pansies.

See ya'll at the home opener.

OUT
  11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4

Here's the thing you can't seem to get - you didn't refute ONE SINGLE POINT I MADE. Unless you were watching something completely different, that team looked bad in almost every facet of the game. Any one who watched that, while maybe being happy with their ability to keep fighting, will find few to no positives in being smacked around by the Raiders all game long.

What people like you and others seem to ignore is that a win does not white wash all the clear failings that this team showed against the Raiders. For three plus quarters we looked unprepared, unmotivated and unable to win. And apparently I'm the only person who doesn't seem to automatically think that it'll get better or that a team beaten like that will win against top flight competition without major improvements.

I have never said to apologize for a win, but like the Kansas City win last year, it should not have gotten to that level with a team we clearly outclass and own. And you are yet to refute any of my points but instead claiming that we need to improve is chicken little. I'm not thrilled with this win because we should and can be alot better. I'm glad we won but I'm not thrilled and I'm not going to ignore every fault we've had that you neither can refute or argue against.
  12. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    Actually i refute a lot of your point. To be honest, you sound like a spoild child who cant handle the emotions of a hard fought vitory. If that is the case, go watch lawn bowling, that will be more your speed emotionally. You say that the Raiders smacked the Chargers around all game long. What did the Chargers do to the Raiders? What we tickled them and got the win?

You say that the Radiers won on both lines. Really? Hmmm, ok possibly in the first half, but in the second half, even behind a make shift O line the Chargers found ways to protect Rivers and give the receivers time to get down the field.

You are expecting perfection in the first week of play. That is simply stupid, you have been watching football long enough to realize that doesnt happen in week one! Rivers first game starting was against the Riaders, he hardly threw the ball, he went on to have a very good season... What did week one mean to his ability to pass the ball? Nothing.

What people like YOU tend to ignore is that this is not your stupid Madden football game. Teams have to line up and play for 60 minutes and the other team doesnt lay down because the mighty AnteaterCharger wants them to. Take pride in your desire to call an end to the season after one week of play.

Your arrogance in dismissing other teams is astounding and your biggest failing when you try and discuss football. You seem to think that the Chargers should blow everyone out. That is not the way of the NFL. The undefeated Dolphins had to struggle to win games. Are they known for that? Hell no! They are know for being undefeated. So go cry in a corner if it makes you feel better, but dont ask me to join you in your sad sack parade!

You are clearly apologizing for the win, just as meltdown matilack continues to do for last season (because Bronco fans tease him about his team winning the division at 8-8... Who lost the division?)

Sorry you cant grasp the concept of divisional games never being easy, I get it, they are in your Madden games... Not in real life. So what if the win over KC was close. It was a win. Ever heard of "this is why we play the game" or "on any given Sunday"?

Think about it for a while Eor...
  13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...I don't understand how a Chargers fan can feel good about that game...PERIOD! I thought for once that everyone on that team, coaches included, were ready to come out of the gate like a determined dynamo for once. The way the Saints lambasted the Turds in that pre-season game, left me thinking this game would be a joke. Instead we got the same lackluster, girlyboy, manhandling, gutless performance that has sickened all of us the past two seasons. I can't believe how some of these guys made what is supposed to be a Super Bowl caliber team?

Oh and everything Anteater said rings the ugly truth, whether we like it or not. I was at the Bolt/Raider game in Oakland last year, sitting with the Turd masses, listening to their verbal abuse, while we trailed 15-0 at halftime, sdbound at my side. Yeah, the Chargers somehow won that game too but what a piece of crap effort on their part. I cannot believe that it happened again :no:
  14. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    The reason to feel good about that game was that fact that the raiders on their best day still can't beat us on our worst day.

If that's still true then all is good as of right now.
  15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The Raider D was no push over with Seymour in the trenches. He vastly improved their D. He was a double team all night long, where as the scrub that used to play there was not. If the raiders had not traded for Seymour, then I think that game goes much differently. You can NOT base the raiders D on their pre-season or last years performance. He adds to the Raiders D as much as Merriman(100%, not the 85-90% we saw last night) adds to ours.

Just because they were the raiders, does not make it a guaranteed win. This was not some JuCo team that stepped on the field. McFadden and Bush are very big, very good running backs. Hell, AJ tried to get Bush last year in a trade. That should tell you something.

Lastly, if you have watched these teams long enough, you should know by now that records do not matter. They always go after each other.
  16. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +326 / 0 / -0

For what its worth I agree with you Ant, but I am not going to worry just yet.

I think the play calling sucked most of the game,we were out coached most of the game(How many screens to Sproles do we have to try before we realize they were looking for them?)team seemed unprepared for battle and out of shape, defense was not on the same page most of the night, both lines were ineffective especially in the first half.

The team did begin to fight and rallied back in the second half and we did win. Rivers and the entire offense should get the game ball for the play in the second half.

IMO

:bolt: Go Chargers :bolt:
  17. SD Native WY

Ratings Received:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    IMO Seymour was sent to the raturds or would have been sent by the pats to another team in our division because the pats wanted to cause there to be more competition in the AFL West.

I agree with you Kwak :tup:
  18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    Weds and Jammer play damn good last night. Burnett was MIA and Dobbins came in late and made a critical stop. Merriman is not 100% and it showed. Our D line was man handled the first 10 minutes of the game but seemed to slow the onslaught down as the game wore on.

Rivers, Legs and VJ came through in some tough spots but little Spoles turned it up and got after it in the second half. As bad as we played and still pulled it out was amazing to me. I wasn't happy with the play of the game but I am happy that our guy's don't cash it in and just go home.
  19. SD Native WY

Ratings Received:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    :tup:
  20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    It is interesting how many ex-pats have shown up in the AFCW this year.

Den(coach, tho he is taking dever down so far)
    KC(GM, LB(mr leg whipper), QB(1 yr wonder))
    Oak(#92)