1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

***Official Chargers vs Chiefs Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    Here we go! Chargers get out there and kick thier a**! Take the early lead and don't let up. I want to see us stay aggressive all game long and have that "killer instinct" in the 4th quarter.

Bolt fans discuss the game here and if you are watching from home, please feel free to get together in the Chat room to discuss the game live.

Go Bolts!!!!

2. ChargersFan

ChargersFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Weather Report:

Sunday's Weather Report:

Thunder and Lightning with a lot of Brees!!!

I look for Drew to have a huge day. Everyone talks about LT needing to get it done today, and that's a given. But Brees HAS to come up big today!

GO BOLTZ!!!

3. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Weather Report:

Yup just like he did last year in KC. Brees will definitely have a huge day

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    Awesome game today. The fan support was great. Not that many KC fans out there.

On the field, the Bolts did not let up. They took control and made the big plays when they had too. LT didn't get his 100 yards, but he didn't have too. Brees and Gates showed how they can carry the load and how dynamic our offense is.

Brees has so much poise back in the pocket. Most of the offensive plays were called by Brees at the line. He audiblized so many times and mostly made the right calls.

After a horrible game in Philly for our o-line, this group really stepped up and did not allow a sack. Bob Hallen stepped up his play "big time". Jordan also did very well filling in for Oben.

Also it was really nice to see Vincent Jackson out there. He didn't catch a ball today, but he did a good job on special teams and in run blocking.

Caldwell fumbled again, but I liked his effort on that play. He just needs to work on securing the ball.

Defensively, Merriman, Cooper and Philips all did well and caused a lot of pressure on Trent Green. I am really please to see all the young guys getting some playing time. Merriman is a just awesome and is a impact player out there.

Castillo continues to play very well at DE.

Our secondary really looked good in the 1st half and took Gonzales out of the game. In the second half, we played conservatively in pass coverage probably to force KC to eat the clock. The DB's kept KC's receivers in front of them not allowing the big play. The one thing I still don;t understand is why Sammy Davis is playing in front of Jamar Fletcher. Davis may have lead the tam in tackles, but he did not deflect and plasses or come close to getiting an INT. Jammer got another PI call on him, but did not see to many balls thrown his way.

There was no let down in the 4th this time and I hope that this type of win will continue to give the Chargers the confidence to close out games. So great TEAM win this week!

5. ChargersFan

ChargersFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    LT Pissed me off.

Not really :wink: , but the guy took a passing TD away from Brees, my fantasy QB. But what a great game. I admit, I started getting nervous in the 4th, just waiting for something bad to happen. It did happen, but nothing catastrophic. The O-Line came up HUGE!!! Great game all around. If only Denver and the "Unmentioned in the Forums Team that wears black and grey" had lost, it would have been a perfect Sunday.