1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Chargers vs. Cowboys Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Chargers vs Cowboys pre-game thread 12/13/09

The 9-3 Bolts travel to Jerry World to play the 8-4 Cowboys. The early line has the Bolts a 3 point underdog.

I'll take the Bolts and the points on that. :tup:

Dallas is 0-1 so far in December and are continuing their December downward spiral. Bolts have won 15 straight in the month of December. Anything can happen in that gigantic amusement park stadium Dallas plays in, hell they even have "pole dancers" to check out during time outs.:yes:

Lt hasn't played in Dallas since 2001 (although nobody has played in this new stadium) Perhaps Dallas will focus too much on the passing game, and LT can get some good yardage and a couple of scores to break Emmitt Smith's multiple TD record for a career. :tup:

Flozell Adams may be suspended for the game for his continuous "dirty" plays against other players (mainly the Giants), so that would help us out alot on the pass rush if he's not active.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Chargers vs Cowboys game thread 12/13/09

Because ESPN will NEVER kick them out of bed.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

I'm taking our Bolts in this one.

Time for our boys to make a big statement.

FU ESPN!!!!!

WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

Actually ESPN has been praising the Chargers all day Monday, and keeps bringing up yet another Dallas December loss.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0

They certainly can't take sides between Dallas and Sheli.

6. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

They have actually been slamming the Giants alot recently, but still talk about them alot. They favor the Giants more from what I've seen all year. (Patriots are still #1, along with Manning's Colts, and they are all jumping on the bandwagon of the Saints and Drew Brees.)

Now, back to the Chargers-Dallas game...

Bolts are #9 defense against the pass, #21 against the run.

Cowboys defense is #20 against the pass, #9 against the run.

Bolts passing offense is #6, Cowboys is #7

Bolts rushing attack is #29, Cowboys is #8

On a side note the Indianapolis Colts have the DEAD LAST rushing attack in the NFL at #32. Seriously, without Manning they are a 6-10 team. This is a team 12-0 ???

7. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

We can play that game if we protect PR.

But I fear it will be our defense that wins or losses our season.

:bolt:

8. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

What happened to all the sticky threads??? :icon_shrug:

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0

Forum has been tidied up. Too many stickies.

If you/anyone want a thread to stay at the top - gotta keep it a hot topic and participate :tup:

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

Gramps reporting for duty.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814cb94c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson will never forget his first visit to Texas Stadium as an NFL player.

His family was there, he talked with boyhood idol Emmitt Smith before the game, played at the stadium he visited as a kid and his San Diego Chargers beat the Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, and he managed to lose a pair of diamond earrings worth $26,000.

"I remember it pretty vividly," Tomlinson said Monday, six days before he and the streaking Chargers visit the Cowboys in their new stadium. "Obviously losing my earrings is one thing that sticks out. I will never forget that."

That was L.T.'s second game during his rookie season of 2001, and he learned the hard way never to wear earrings during a game.

"It was during a play. I looked up and they were gone," said Tomlinson, who grew up in Waco and played for TCU.

"Here and there when I got tackled I'd kind of look around," he said. "But I didn't have a chance to actually get out there and really search. It was pretty much a done deal. They were gone."

He can laugh about it now.

Asked if anybody ever found them, he said: "I never heard anything about them. I'm pretty sure someone found them. The grounds crew, I guarantee you, found them. Merry Christmas. I had them insured, so insurance is something great. I was able to get them back."

Tomlinson is looking forward to what could be his first and only visit to Cowboys Stadium as a player.

"It'll be a pretty emotional day for me, pretty much," he said. "The fact of the matter is, you look at your career, my last time was my rookie year and I'm in my ninth year and the schedule says that I might not play there again. It'll be special."

The Chargers (9-3) have won seven straight games and continue to lead the AFC West by one game over the Denver Broncos. Sunday's game will be the first of two straight against division leaders. Dallas (8-4) is tied with Philadelphia atop the NFC East. San Diego will then return home to face AFC North leader Cincinnati.

Tomlinson is looking forward to checking out the new $1.2 billion Cowboys Stadium.

"I've heard so much about the stadium," Tomlinson said. "I've got friends who have season tickets. They say it's great, and I just can't wait. This is the next thing, this stadium. This is as big as it gets. I'm going to look around, hopefully be able to take a tour. I would like to see where Jerry Jones sits, and, you know, check it out."

Tomlinson reached two more milestones in Sunday's 30-23 win at Cleveland. He moved past Hall of Famer Jim Brown and into eighth place overall on the career rushing list with 12,321 yards. He also reached 150 touchdowns faster than any player in league history, hitting the milestone in his 137th game. Smith needed 160 games to reach 150 and Jerry Rice didn't score his 150th until his 167th.

NOTES: Coach Norv Turner said he's optimistic that OLB Shawne Merriman (foot) and DE Luis Castillo (calf) will return from sitting out the Browns game with injuries, but won't know for sure until later this week. He said S Eric Weddle (knee) is a longer shot to return.

11. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

I don't care how rich I was, I would NEVER pay $26,000 for something like that. :no:

12. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
  13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

The San Diego Chargers, who can clinch a playoff spot with some help this weekend, have won 15 consecutive December games dating back to 2006, the longest streak in NFL history. The previous mark was set by the 1968-1972 Dallas Cowboys, who won 13 games in a row during the month. ... Chargers LB Shaun Phillips has seven sacks in his last seven games. ... Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware leads the NFL with 43 sacks since 2007. ... If the playoffs started today, both the Chargers and Cowboys would be in.

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

14. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

Im pretty pumped about this game as in less than 48 hours I make the trip from Dublin to Dallas for the weekend to see the game. Will wear my jersey with pride. I have taken a fierce amount of shite this past week from a friend who is a Dallas fan. I will be sitting beside him at the game, cant wait to see his face when we win!!!:abq2:

15. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

so we sticky a carne tailgate hread but not a game thread?

:icon_huh:

Sometimes I feel so left out

:unsure:

16. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

Here's another link to an article about Rivers for MVP. He's starting to get the attention.

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/footb...cle_8befca53-cf03-5548-b7a1-d61c75722077.html

17. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +611 / 0 / -0

Unless that story goes AP and the wire, it's all local fluff. Sucks, but that is what it is in the corner of the country that peeps only think about for summer vacations.

If Rivers has a great game vs Dallas, then he may get some national pub. The lights will be bright this Sunday with the whole nation watching.

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0

the tailgater thread is for coordination and isn't the type of thread that is a "hot topic" - it will need help staying at the top where folks can see it and participate.

a game thread like this shouldn't (and doesn't) need any help at all :yes:

19. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

It does when someone starts the EXACT same thread the morning of the game :icon_huh: Makes no sense to me.

20. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0

don't worry - i merge them every week too :lol:

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4

The game day thread isn't supposed to be started until the day of the game.

Tradition, superstition, whatever - try to keep up, mmmkay? :icon_tease:

22. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

send me a carne asada burrito!!!! :icon_tease:

I thought a weekly game thread would keep the number of threads about the upcoming game more organized. but wtf do I know. :lol:

what he said!!!

:flag:

• Like Like x 1
  23. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,927 / 5 / -6

I'll never start another gameday thread!

24. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0

In all seriousness - if you want to - go right ahead. It's no biggie and if it's superstition/tradition related more power to ya :)

I just merge them to keep things tidy and help keep the convo in one central location for all to enjoy - npnp

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,927 / 5 / -6

it is a tradition. The gameday Thread shall not be created untill the day of the game. It has been that way for years now.

26. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

I understand that, but I'm watching the games, not posting during gameday, especially at 1pm or 4pm kickoff eastern time. There's alot to discuss through the week about an individual game, why start the thread only on gameday??:icon_shrug:

Usually it just ends up being a positive vibe thread anyway, and RTL already has a cool Positive Vibe Thread going.

Just seems pointless to start a thread the morning of gameday, when there is one that covers the game during the entire week, but if it's tradition, or superstition, then so be it.:icon_shrug:

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,927 / 5 / -6

It’s a tradition that goes back to times before this website was even created. We started a gameday thread over on SOSD, and it became very popular. Then as it became bigger, it expanded over to the other websites. Protocol was developed as there were several different threads going. Tradition came along and it became the standard that the "Official Gameday" thread was to be started on the day of the Game only. Certain sites people would stay up till it was past midnight just to start the Gameday thread. Some people became superstious about it also as it seemed when certain people started the thread the Chargers always lost, so those people were not allowed to start the thread.

There is nothing wrong with talking about the other Team before the game. Your presentation implies that it is the Gameday Thread.

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +611 / 0 / -0

This is the Pre-Game thread. Kind of like foreplay.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4

Cool. sex & violence. :icon_twisted:

30. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0

I like that. :icon_rofl: