1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

***Official Chargers vs Jets Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

I don't give a **** what you wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,210 / 37 / -21
    Yeah the scheme wasn't the problem, it was the execution.

And.....nate.:icon_evil:

3. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 1 / -0
    There is no way Nate can stay with the team. He may make every kick during the season, but we can’t trust his mental state during playoff games! We should consider him a “head case” and let him go. It make me sad to say so, but I don’t see a future for Nate on this team.

4. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Who's falling off the bandwagon? Not me. I'm saying something needs to change. We do the same thing over and again. The same screw ups that lost us three games and nearly several others, happened again. We loooked identical to that team. WHY? Because something happened with our team's preparation. Norv admitted he doesn't work them hard before the season, preferring to build, even with some losses, to a playoff winning season.

Well, he let them lapse into the team I just outlined. He needs to be held accountable. As is said by someone I didn't quote.

Strictly speaking, yeah, it's on Nate as far as the score. He should have had them and if he did, different game, so it's on him as far as that.

But Norv could have helped out by calling better plays than to run LT up the middle, wasting down after down.

I disagree, the Jets were helped immensely by us. Any efficiency they had was due to what we handed them. They were not the better team, just the benefactors of a team that played poorly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Will this be the year that we finally get some hogs in the draft? We need help on both sides of the line, unless people are happy with an offensive line that can only do one thing well (pass protection), and a defensive line that is mediocre most of the time. We need some hogs on defense that can collapse the pocket, and some bigger hogs on offense that can wear a defense down. I'd look to upgrade every single position on the interior line if I could.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,210 / 37 / -21

Agree on everything 100%:angry:

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,210 / 37 / -21
    Who do you suggest we replace?

McNeil? No
    Dielman? No
    Hardwick? Maybe back him up with a late C pick.
    Vazquez? The team seems too high on him, he started the whole year.
    Dombrowski? Ok a big RT like Michael Oher for sure, but in the late 1st round I doubt we'll find one, and it'll probably cost us in pass protection.

D-line....we can always use better talent here. This has become our CB position of the past where we just can't lock it up.

8. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Word!!! Excellent assessment.:tup:

:icon_rofl:

But if we run 1st down for 1 or less, it puts us in a hole from which for the most part, we couldn't emerge in the second half.

I didn't quote it, but Holy Bolt posted LT 12 runs, 24 yards, nuff said.

Yeah, it was clear PR was not himself. He just doesn't make those kinds of mistakes.

9. Vinny

Vinny BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are such losers. Why is that jinx Norv Turner the coach??? And why does Rivers seem to thing SMACK talk does him any favors. Why keep LT. My god get someone who can actually get some yardage. Hello

10. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    McNeil? No
    Dielman? Yes
    Hardwick? Yes
    Vasquez? Yes
    Dombrowski? No clue right now. Need to see what he does in the offseason.

Every single interior lineman was incredibly underwhelming this year. You're not guaranteed to find a replacement, but at least make them earn their spot. Right now Dielman and Hardwick are living off of their past reputations.

The run blocking is horrendous. There is absolutely nothing, ever, unless it's on draw plays when the defense is playing back. The entire offense now ignores the running game has a viable option, and the offenses consistency is hurt because of it. None of those guys are untouchable in my mind.

The defensive line must be addressed. They played great today, but when their performance over the course of the season was mediocre. No push up the middle on passing downs EVER. We have no one who can collapse the pocket on passing downs from either the interior of the defensive line, or from the outside rushers.

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 11 / -0
    Think it's time for me to step back, get some perspective and take a break. See ya'll in a few days BT.

Thank god for pot and booze - I could use a coma right about now....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Our offense simply doesn't try to run for more yardage than that. The Jets were stopped for one or two yards on first down numerous times during the course of the game, but they didn't let it discourage them from running again because that is their gameplan. Our gameplan involves running the ball only to remind defenses that we're willing to do it. We want to pass the ball, and we want to pass it deep. The bottom line is that the Jets limited our deep passing plays, and that has nothing to do with the running game.

13. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    I would be saying/doing the same, but having two teams I can only feel half bad. On days when they both lose...it's a disaster for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0

Thanks! :) Or is it:icon_evil:???

15. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 3 / -0
    Well, what a crappy end.

See you bolttalkers in April 2010 for the draft.

16. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I'll just have to disagree with ya on that. LT is a RB. Keyword, RUNNING. He rushed for a 1000 yards several times in his career. Obviously, we have been able to run the ball in the past. We can't this year as our Oline has sucked or been very spotty depending on who's injured. They just don't open the holes for him any more, but Norv still calls those plays. We have to be more efficient on our running plays. I just don't agree, they don't TRY to run for more. LT looked pretty freaking upset about it.

Rivers never got in a rhythm for the pass. I think I hear Sims meantioned that the Jets had his cadence down cold and that wrecked his composure.

I'm not discounting Revis though. He had his moments, but they never truly took VJ from us. VJ did however screw us with his dumbass penalty.

17. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

I agree that we have to be more efficient, but part of that comes with persistence, persistence that we have only shown a couple of times this year. We had more than enough possessions were we came out and threw on first and second down to make a difference though, especially in the second half when the offense really didn't do anything, so I just don't buy bad playcalling as a reason for the lost. Norv put that ball into the hands of Rivers and the passing game, and they didn't come through today.

I agree one hundred percent with everything else though. Rivers had a bad day, it happens, and he wasn't helped by his wide receivers. Floyd had a drop on a difficult first down catch that he usually makes, and Jackson had one in his hands that he dropped and had bounce off of his feet for a pick.

18. Pragmatic Bus

Pragmatic Bus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is just Evil :lol:

It was an exciting game. Bieng a Jets fan I can understand what it is like to be on the other end of these games and I feel for you guys but at the end of the day it's just a game.

Jets to the super bowl!

PS. Revis>VJ :flag:

19. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    I feel like someone ripped my heart out and kicked it around for a hour.

I had to go over to an old girlfriends house. Drink several coronas and do a little kissing to try and level off.

HOpe everyone is doing okay. Geez. What a downer. OUr hopes got built up and then got dashed. I guess we'll be better for it eventually. I hope so. Cause these moments sure are heart breaking.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,474 / 19 / -4
    McNeil will have to be given a tender, could leave if someone wants to pay up for an above average left tackle. Dielman/Hardwick/Vasquez are set with contracts. Btw we have two good interior backup linemen in Mrzucowski and greene (unless you forgot about polish power). We will get Clary back (good or bad idk, maybe look at upgrade) and we have Dombrowski to provide depth at the tackles. My big thing is that we need more help at DT/NT then I think we need immediately at RT

21. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm so sick to my stomach- it hurts bad. Its a shame to end the season like this. Its one thing if you just lose and the other team just outplays you, but that wasnt the case at all we handed the game to the Jets. Don't get me wrong the Jets deserve credit they played well, but we are the better team, we just did things and committed mistakes that we havent the past 3 months. What a shame :no: I just dont get it- this game really seemed like it was fixed to me from the very start, like we were trying to lose on purpose and the refs bet on the jets.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,589 / 48 / -6
    There is plenty blame to spread around in this stinker. I have to give the Jet's credit, they won.

• Like Like x 1