1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

***Official Chargers vs Jets Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Nov 5, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    All I can say is "whew!". We escaped this game. Lot's of props to the Jets for not laying down and quitting. Bollinger looks good.
  2. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It was ugly at the end. But we won. We need to fix our pass coverage. Great game by the offense and LT. But way too conservative in the 2nd half.
  3. ChargersFan

ChargersFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am sick and tired of having to say that. Having lost 4 that way, we know that we need to stop letting the games get like that.

Yes, we won..and I am frickin' ecstatic, but we are a better team that that. The first half was a clinic in offense and defense. I don't know who came outta the locker room for the second half, but they weren't the same team that went in. If Brees and LT hadn't given us such a good start, we could have easily let this one get away. And damnit, if Jammer doesn't start looking over his shoulder every once in a while, he's going to lead the league in interference calls! I know Marty will praise the team, but I hope he rips some of them a new one as well.

Congrats Chargers and Charger Fans. Sit back this week and relish the fact that I will guarantee that the Chargers will most certainly NOT find a way to lose in the 4th quarter next week. :) The week after that I can't promise anything becuase the Powder Blues come out against the Bills. If the Chargers lose that one it won't be because I didn't scream loud enough! I'll be at that one and hope to come home a happy Boltz fan. Cya in the parking lot!

GO BOLTZ!!
  4. BengalFan

BengalFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Jammer is the game savior

What were you saying about Jammer, Ray?

Nice play to save the game, otherwise Marty ball losses another one. NOW APOLOGIZE to "Q" admit it, he gets the job done.
  5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    Jammer is the game savior

"Q" got the job done on that last play and I give him credt for it but he was "lucky" and his back was still turned to the QB. Jammer is still was too inconsistent at CB and deserves all the critcism directed at him. He needs to adapt from being a physical corner to a cover corner. Others are adjusting so there's no reason why he can't. If he doesn't, I have no problem letting go of him.

Now about the game, it's nice to see us win 2 close ones in a row. Yes it would have been great to blow them out. But the last 2 games has shown that we are capable of closing out games.

But the penalites are ridiculous and is unacceptable. Otherwise it was a win and that all that matters. Now it's time to rest up and get ready for the home stretch.
  6. Raiderssuckass

Raiderssuckass BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The powder blues! They look great but let's put the away for the rest of the year! I hate having the game come down that way too ChargerFan, but I like how we held at the end. Donnie Edwards made a bone head play that could of contributed to a loss. But we held them out for 4 straight tries inside the 10. We bent but didn't break. Oh and Jammer does suck. I hate how he always gets flagged in critical plays. His PI call cost us a TD. I don't know where he ranks as far as interference calls but he must be up there.

But congrats to our team for going in there and winning! LT is a stud!