1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Bills @ Chargers - 12/11

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Their defense is better than ours. That gives them all the right that they need.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    I have to agree with you on this one.

3. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    With Tebow his atheletic skills are what gets it done. So what if he is a crappy passer. He wins games.
    Thats all that counts. As long as the defense keeps it close he always has a chance.

4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    Chargers looked good, except for the Rivers comedy fumble. But we beat a team with a losing record again. They are full of injuries like us, so not a real surprise that we beat them. NOW if we win next week, well that will be a big statement. I still want Norv and AJ fired no matter what.

5. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 1 / -0
    Nice win for the Bolts. It is great to see Matthews have success; three games in a row over 100 yards! Gates has looked great too for the past two games...stay healthy AG!

6. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +230 / 1 / -0
    One funny item you probably won't see on any re-broadcast of the Chargers - Bills game: Late in the game we scored in the west end zone (by the cannon) McMichael was about 20 yards away from the cannon with his back to it when they touched off the cannon. McMichael dropped to the ground like he'd been shot....yes, he got right back up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +422 / 7 / -1
    Couple of questions that maybe somebody can answer.......

(1) who called the fake punt?, was it really Weddle himself?. I doubt it.
    (2) who was on the left side of the O line wearing roller skates on the blocked extra point?. I know Schilling appeared in the shot afterwards but I'm not sure it is all on him.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    A few stories that I've read say Weddle recognized something in the Bill's punt return scheme that prompted the call. It may be that he's given some free rein to make that adjustment. Either way, that play stemmed the tide of momentum shifting toward the Bills.

Pretty certain that Schilling was the leak on the missed PAT.

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +422 / 7 / -1
    It defo burst the bubble that had been created after Philip fumbled into the EZ. When that happened I was like OMFG... these guys were on the ropes and now this. They are right back in it and all the momentum is with them. So the fake punt in terms of timing was probably our play of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    This team has been different over the last three weeks and when River's lost the ball into the EZ they would've collapsed. There is a new spirit among the boys and now there is fight where there used to be defeat.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Maybe some of the starters who are now injured & out were a bit too complacent?

12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,255 / 38 / -21
    You mean players that haven't been around Norv for too long still have aggression in them?

I'm shocked at this information.:speechless:

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    No it is just that not all of them have read your mindless drivel and been bored to a zombified state... ;)

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Or maybe they just got paid & like the weather.

I realize that this needs to be all about Norv but it just might be on the players as well.

Hope that possibility doesn't over-tax your thought processes.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +834 / 22 / -1
    Yeah, that was Tebow who caused Marion Barber to run out of bounds, Tebow who hit a 59-yard FG and then a 51-yard field goal in OT. Tebow who stripped Marion Barber.

THAT is what I am sick to death of in this non-stop Tebowmania. Dude did next to nothing for three quarters, gets a sh_tload of help, and when they pull off a win it's all about Tebow. MAYBE if he didn't suck for most of the game, they would have been protecting a lead instead of having to scramble for a comeback. All credit to the Broncos for this current streak, but I could do with a LOT less of the Tebow love.

• Like Like x 2
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    It's the Club Med syndrome, bring back rough acres training camp, that should do it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +900 / 5 / -0
    ^Boulevard?

18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,632 / 11 / -0
    What I got from the post-game stuff last night was Norv said Hester (he meant Weddle, Weddles response to that gaffe was classic btw) made the call on the fly. He is allowed to make that decision and he did and it was awesome.

I should note, that I also heard it was Hester who made the call, that he's the wingman or something and it's his job to survey the defense/punt return set-up - he makes the call and Weddle takes the ball. So maybe Norv was right and it WAS Hester - but all I know is that it wasn't a coaches decision, it was a player one.

19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,937 / 48 / -26
    It's something they practice and prepare for though. The coaches tell the players what to look for in the coverage.

The time to use it, is when the other team least expects it, like yesterday. The closer you are to midfield, the more the opposition is wary of this type of trick play. Backed up like the Bolts were, the Bills were dropping back to receive the ball...... they were caught napping.

20. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,632 / 11 / -0
    I didn't mean to imply the coaches didn't plan for it or don't coach for it. Just saying, that Weddle/Hester whomever has the latitude to make the call if they think it'll work - it wasn't something called from the bench. Since someone asked if that was the case or questioned whether or not a player like Weddle would be "allowed" to do so.

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,937 / 48 / -26
    I was just clarifying, not criticizing. ;)

I liken it to a QB that checks out of a play when he sees a change in the defensive coverage. Weddle (or Hester) called the "audible" when they saw the conditions were right.

22. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,632 / 11 / -0
    Exactly, and it was so awesome :x3:

I guess Weddle has some pretty good rushing stats from college too - if only he could play Oline... then he'd really earn his paycheck :roflmao:

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +2,937 / 48 / -26
    I think Weddle has played better since he got over the idea of having to prove that he was worth trading up for. He seems more comfortable now, and just plays football...... letting the big plays come naturally.

24. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    I can't stand the guy myself. I'm also sick of hearing about him. Next season other teams will have figured him out, and I don't think he will be able to look like "God's QB". But for now, with their defense(like I said in the post) keeping the team in games it helps him. You saw when the Lions made him become a passing QB he had trouble.