1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Broncos @ Chargers - 11/10

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    Now is that any way to promote the business? Admonishing the clients for not having anything better to do than use the website? That life you have outside babysitting the "grown folks" must be rally fargin' interesting!

2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    Thanks Conc. Your response was at least somewhat diplomatic. :)

3. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    You are correct Conc. But in this case it is an entire role reversal. The Flutopians (especially Guff) were the one's quoting the stats and trying to build arguments out of them. And indeed it is the other side which is not listening. They'll say we're not getting it and start rolling out comparisons like to Norv's first year in Wash. and winning percentages without a regard to prevailing circumstance.

4. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    I know it's been explained by Lance and myself several times now but I'll try again...
    I don't put bad play calling or strategy on the list because it can be argued. I should say not the same list. There is ANOTHER list which includes things that should literally not happen- like losing a roster spot because your dog ate your homework, throwing an illegal flag and losing a time-out or running onto the field and drawing a 15 yard penalty. I don't think there is an example from Norv doing anything like that but I'd be interested to see anything like that from any coach. it's got to be a very small list.

5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +324 / 1 / -0
    My life is just that. Thanks for recognizing. :tup:

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Well Guff quoted numbers... They were not clearly stats, as he would misapply them to try and fulfill his side of the argument. So what if someone compares Norv's first season coaching to McCoys? The comparison can be made, the numbers thrown out there and in the end, regardless of the conclusions drawn, he still isn't here...

If people wish to argue pointless topics so be it... I was just saying that neither side will 'listen' to the other.

7. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Is this site an official Chargers site with paid employees?

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    I think you missed the point. There probably are several/many things like that that Norv did, but no one is going to review Norv's rookie year. Therefore Norv did screw up multiple times early on, and your point has been successfully countered.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    robdog pays himself.

10. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    All opinions are equally shcit eh?? I'm still waiting for the pregame fuch-up that Norv committed against Cinci! I'm all about debate as an ends to recognizing truth. Why are people getting so ticklish?

11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    Okay... I good with that Conc. Your previous post seemed to refer that the Flutopians were at fault and at it again... (meaning me because I seem to be the last remaining remnant of the Flutie fans).

12. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Well according to Mr. Concudan, that's as reasonable as anything else being said.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Nope, just using it as an e.g. I could have used the Brees-Rivers uprising, or the Conc-Leisure Conflagrations with equal effect...

14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +330 / 12 / -6
    The Flutopian Wars had to die down a bit when the Chargers started to play half decently well with Brees. The McCoy vs Norv thing could go on for awhile... (if it follows the same pattern).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    The good old days..................................

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    Brees is pretty damn good. In the end it all comes to: AJ Sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    Norv altered the game week schedule (due to Christmas) and as a result the team didn't arrive in Cincy until Saturday.

Cincy had 40 (or so it seemed) scrubs filling their roster that had little to play for...the Chargers were still in the playoff hunt. The Chargers came out flat and unprepared. Not at any point during that game did it look like the Chargers were being "coached" by anyone.

18. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Thanks, I recall something about the arrival time. Any idea what other teams traveling east do in that situation? Again, even if after looking at precedent, it looks like a bad decision compared to alternatives, it's up there with bad decisions--not unforgivable mistakes.

19. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    What's "unforgivable'? Shooting your best player on the sideline?

Regardless...the question was posed, name a game where Norv's coaching was the reason for the Chargers losing...I cited the first one that came to my mind...I'm sure upon further reflection more would come up...

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +605 / 11 / -4
    The entire Chargers team layed an egg that game and it's Norv's mistake due to scheduling? Here I thought we were a few levels above high school football.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Norv. McCoy's system seems better for a crap OL (noting that we may not finish with a better record than last year). But the reaches on reasons we lost due to Norv are bizarre. Travel schedule? Damn, good thing we don't pay these guys in 6 figures.

21. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -0
    Just a quick question.. Is this still the
    Broncos @ Chargers - 11/10 THREAD ??
    Just saying

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    I can't believe we're still talking about Norv... and Marty... :confused:

I defended Norv til the end but he's gone now, McCoy is in and I don't think you can fairly compare him to anyone before he's had at least a full season under his belt. Norv, AJ and the previous "regime" needed to go - at some point you just need a reboot and it's never really for just one reason but a combination of them.

McCoy shouldn't be free from criticism or scrutiny but to lose faith in him so quickly seems more like a knee-jerk reaction than a logical one. I can't remember a single person here who came into this season with expectations of playoffs - and yet we somehow still have shot - despite some bonehead mistakes, major injury woes and a limited roster. In a critical moment, this team would give me more hope than last years team. Even if in the end both would still end up breaking my heart :p For once, I honestly feel confident about thinking "there's always next year". For all of his errors, McCoy is very much responsible for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Actually shooting a player on the sideline may have more reason behind it than fuching up and not turning in your innactive list on time, running onto the field or throwing an illegal flag. You see the difference? So we can discuss if that Christmas scheduling in foresight or hindsight was the right call to make but it had a reason. You may even get me to agree that it was a terrible reason (I would like to just to shut up the people who think debate solves nothing. I will research it if you don't)! Even the infamous "Miracle at the Meadowlands" play which saw a coach never working at any level in football again, had a ******* reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -0
    ...IF make the playoffs great.. Was anyone thinking this team was or is ready for the "primetime" ? nah... I love da Bolts.... We just aren't there yet.... Dave showed a lot of improvement over the last nine weeks of football I just don't think they're ready yet. McCoy is McCoy. Noval was Nov and Marty was Marty. I think we have a lot good things to look forward to next year... (CAP MONEY) + (DRAFTS) + (PLAYER development). At best... Our records shows who we are (No Dennis Green talk there) .. 4 - 5. (We'll be 9 - 7)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -0
    I had to look that up to see what that was. In your opinion is McCoy too Passive and not aggressive enough??

26. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    I like this post
    Funny thing in SD that only happened in the last 3 years...The HC became packaged with the GM and continues on into this "regime". I too think the future looks great but it's not because of what I've seen from the HC. The GM is doing a very good job

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    I do think that but as bad as I thought playing for the punt was against the Titans (and other seemingly bad ideas), it's still arguable and not my main concern. The defence he gave of that decision is a main concern up there with the other completely inexcusable mistakes.

28. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -0
    Right... we've have proved to be a better team (thus far), than last year. We 're "playing" smarter football

29. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    Personally, I could care less about Norv or AJ at this point....... the past is the past. Don't want to relive it, and no point in rehashing it.

Live for today, and plan for the future...... the past is history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    You sound bright elsewhere so I think you'd find that an alarming statement were it applied to anything else.