1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Chiefs - 9/13: LOSE 21 - 14

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by Concudan, Sep 13, 2010.

1. coachschorr

coachschorr BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, we picked up where we left off last season - with an embarrassing collapse against a team we should have handled.

Sorry Norv, but 1st and goal at the 5 and you line up in the shotgun four plays in a row and futz around with finesse plays? THAT'S why other teams call us soft. We SHOULD have lined up with Tolbert and Matthews and forced the Chiefs to respect the run. If you want to pass out of it, fine, play action out of the I or single-back with a real power back.

But how about instead of a draw to the smallest guy on the team we try running power to Tolbert, who was running over and through the Chiefs just a quarter earlier?

Poor play on special teams, Norv's usual "Wheel-o-Offense" play-calling and sloppy mistakes at the wrong times. Slow start again and against a division opponent. Lucky for us the Broncs and Raiders lost too.

We need a good week of practice so we can come back strong against JAX.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    With two time outs we could have easily run it two to three times! I just don't understand how for the last two years we could run LT up the middle for 1 yard gains and now that we potentialy have a running game we try a bunch of short yardage passing plays.
  3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,577 / 44 / -6
    The sun rose this morning, all is not lost.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +240 / 22 / -3
    Hey I was there 1st ever NFL game. I wish I had a camera, does anyone have pics??

Apareently chargers.com site didnt take any picks beyond the 1st quarter before it started hella rainin. And that 4th quarter I think everyone in that stadium was ready for it to be over so we could get out of there stop freezing and change out of wet jerseys. Which damn took forever to jus get out onto the street. Oyea and when you kno its gonna rain at the game or all you kno is there is a 30% chance to rain you should leave dry clothes in ur car. Wish I had we got lost for bout a hour driving around in rain and ****** 3 lane badly marked roads tryin to find the hotel and a 24 hr restauraunt. Dont expect to get food after 1am in KC if your goin there. ALSO DO NOT: stay at Quality Inn.

Oyea the game could have gone better, but you should have been in that rain it was monsoon-like at times. The kind of rain Forest Gump described in Veitnam.
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    "He appeared to be trying to take the title of ‘Human Dance Machine’ from Full Back Mike Tolbert. Sproles would catch the ball, shake it to the left, shake it to the right, do the hokey pokey and disappear from sight… as the Chiefs converged and smothered him."
  6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +414 / 7 / -1
    Where can I find out who is inactive for a game?. I've just read Crayton was active, but never even made it onto the field and yet Cam and Stuckey were inactive. Was Martin inactive cos I don't recall seeing him once.
  7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +240 / 22 / -3
    Yea VM was out too. I heard about it on Cbs.coms rapid reports. After the game of course. The report prob came out prior, but I didnt have time to look before the game.
  8. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    There was a Dennys across the freeway from the Complex. Those stadiums are nice and so is the parking lot but there is crap to do there before and after the game besides drink and tailgate. Sux this was your first experience. I swear it's only been nice weather 2x of the 10x I've gone there. If you ever go back there look me up and I'll show you around a bit.
  9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Now that we're in the groove....lets go kick the **** outta Seattle, Oakland, Arizona and St. Louis...holy cow thats a weak schedule.